• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
I went into my local Gap to pick up a pair of raw denim to be used as beat-the-****-of-them-without-a-care work jeans, but raw denim was not to be found. The clerks at the joint all got blank looks on their faces when I tried to explain raw denim versus washed denim. After 15 minutes, I left for fear that if I smacked myself on the forehead anymore, I'd leave a flat spot. :p
The clerk at my Gap said "Salvage? Like, destroyed jeans?" I smiled, went home, and ordered online.

kontai69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cancel.sing
If you read what I said at all, I said that all waist sizes under 30 come only in a 30 length.

Actually, you can buy 28" inseams, at least online. I bought an Authentic Fit selvage jean with a 28" waist/28" inseam. It was great since I did not have to get them hemmed as I normally would have to with other jeans/pants.

bcx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wrenhunter
The clerk at my Gap said "Salvage? Like, destroyed jeans?" I smiled, went home, and ordered online.

Wow, that clerk is such a moron!

You really can't expect your average Gap customer to care whether their denim is selvage or raw or whatever so why should the staff care to know?

tc6

Reaction score
At the Gap they don't really educate their employees on the clothing. After accepting a job, they just pretty much teach you how to fold and how to hang clothes.
Most other people I know who work in retail go through 24 hours of training on products and customer service before working,

cancel.sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kontai69
Actually, you can buy 28" inseams, at least online. I bought an Authentic Fit selvage jean with a 28" waist/28" inseam. It was great since I did not have to get them hemmed as I normally would have to with other jeans/pants.
You're correct. I never think of that since I work at the Gap in Canada and we don't have online ordering here. I should have said "in-store".

steezin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Gap selvedge denim is available in the UK?

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Would it be bad to hot-wash/soak my raw gap jeans after a couple months of wear, as far as fading in the long run? I just don't like how they fit after being stretched out (even though I have a pair of non-raw in the exact same fit/size that fit amazingly), and it'd be nice the shrink the length a bit.

Frank0

Reaction score
the gap denim stretches out unfortunately too much, in the case of washing them to shrink they stretch back out so quickly.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
so i just bought a pair of skinnys in 31x32 even though i'm usually a 30 waist and i've just outgrown 30 length. The waist fits fine now, and i'll hot soak it if it gets to loose, i'm not worried about that.

I'm worried that the length is a little too long. I want to make it shorter but i don't want to fade them in the wash or interrupt the fading process or anything.

Will a hot soak do the trick? I know these are n00b questions, but how long and what temperature? I'm planning to lay them in my bath and fill it with hot water, then hang them out to dry.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Authentic fit Selvedge in Dark Wash from the internet (Friends and Family'd it) Here's how they fit:
jeanz.jpg

seany

Reaction score
I dont believe those will fade, there is no "raw" Gap jeans online.

They call their raws "rigid", dark wash is a one wash.

Unless of course you not looking for fades, then those fit pretty good.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads