• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Tailor Report - Peter Lee, Chan, Jantzen, Zee's and Tassels

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Peter Lee can source H&S in HK without problem.
The most popluar "high end" fabrics in HK are LP, Zegna, Scabal, H&S and Dormeuil

Simon4rings

Reaction score
How is Baron's range of shirtings like? I was rather disappointed with the fabric quality of my Jantzen shirts, and have communicated with Peter to visit him when I'm in Hong Kong in a couple of weeks' time.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's like walking into Toys 'R' Us for the first time - bolts of shirting fabric all over, and he has many other books also. These are house fabrics though, not sure if he has 'branded' ones.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I like all your choices, but the brown cord suit is pretty dang cool.

+1 very Carnaby St...as I remember it for someone then so young
eh.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Very nice! Thanks for posting. It was really kind of the HK guys to show you around. I hear they are very generous in that way. And I hope to make a similar report in the next year or so.
- only to the few that have passed the iTHUG test..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Very nice haul. The Zee's case looks pretty good as well!
- better than Saddleback..
plain.gif

Originally Posted by ApplesHK
Thanks for this post; very interesting not least because I have lived in HK 7 years and never heard of Baron. Can any HK customers report on his fabric stock and how much for say a blazer and suit using his fabrics?
- see what happens when you do not know the iTHUG..
- PL has a lot of cloth on hand & like all tailors has access to the branded stuff, just ask.. But please do not ask for the secret iTHUG stash..

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the great report. I have had a suit made at Jantzen (cord, just for fun, cheap) and I was not particularly pleased with the results, and thought that Chan was pretty much the way I had to go. Thanks for the steer on Peter Lee, whom I shall have to try on my next visit - January!

Hope the HK iTHUGs will be amenable to a beer.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like you had a hell of a trip.

TC11201

Reaction score
David - great report. Having seen that Moonbeam jacket in person, it's a terrific piece - you definitely got the most out of the HK trip.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- PL has a lot of cloth on hand & like all tailors has access to the branded stuff, just ask.. But please do not ask for the secret iTHUG stash..

I have asked that Peter hide all the secret iTHUG stash which he left lying around at the front of his shop.

The first rule about iThug is that you don't talk about iThug. Sheesh! No Miss Japan and Miss Trinidad adult content for you!

Dwn2Race

Reaction score
Awesome suits! How long does it take to get suits made? Im planning on a trip next year to the Philippines, and was planning a week trip over to HK.

John

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dwn2Race
Awesome suits! How long does it take to get suits made? Im planning on a trip next year to the Philippines, and was planning a week trip over to HK.

John

a week in HK should be enough to get you some suits

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm a little curious as to what is going on in the waist area of your jackets. With some jackets they seem to ripple in the area where it is taken in, and some, giving you the illusion of larger hips. I think some of the latter is from the camera angle, but not sure about the waist of the jackets.

tps16

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Nice. I'm a little curious as to what is going on in the waist area of your jackets. With some jackets they seem to ripple in the area where it is taken in, and some, giving you the illusion of larger hips. I think some of the latter is from the camera angle, but not sure about the waist of the jackets.

I am not a tailor, but I believe that is being caused by his dropped shoulder. The diagonal folding of the cloth in the back is also a sign that this is a possible cause.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads