• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
srivats & jasonfoote303 - those don't look like double soles am i right?

I need these with the lighter welt in ds.

both of these have double leather soles.

good luck!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
so used to looking at vass double soles
lol8[1].gif

god i want these

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
For you boot guys, are you using trees? Looks like there's some serious creasing going on.
I've seen cordovan shoes which use trees and I'm pretty sure they don't do anything with cordovan creasing. Why wouldn't you want that in cordovan anyway? It gives it a lot of its character

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I've seen cordovan shoes which use trees and I'm pretty sure they don't do anything with cordovan creasing. Why wouldn't you want that in cordovan anyway? It gives it a lot of its character
**** character, I want museum-like boots.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ew, then leave the Cordo, more for the rest of us
lol8[1].gif

false

Reaction score
How significantly marked down are the Alden seconds?
And where are people finding them? I looked on shoemart but wasn't able to find any seconds listings.

randob300

Reaction score
So after about two months (less than 15 total uses) of gentle (office) wear, a one inch section of the uppers on my Alden Indy's have separated at the welt, exposing the lining/going all the way through. I'm returning them back to my retailer and anticipate good service. However, has anyone had experience with Alden's customer service? Should I expect a repair, a complete exchange, or a fight on my hands?
rsz_dsc07557.jpg
Thanks.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd contact Alden direct. Email them pictures, where you bought them, etc

heprof

Reaction score
I too was going to pull the trigger on the Roy, but don't want to have my cash sitting somewhere for 6 months before delivery. Now am seriously considering the PT from leather soul after seeing the pics on this thread and thinking that its worth the extra cash for NOT having to wait, plus you get cordovan.

Am I correct in assuming that the general shape of these two boots is about the same--plain toe?

Are the main differences, besides the leather quality, that the Roy has the reverse Goodyear welt and the extra stitching by the ankle, making it appear to look more substantial and perhaps casual?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
For you boot guys, are you using trees? Looks like there's some serious creasing going on.

I just use regular cedar shoe trees in my boots.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How significantly marked down are the Alden seconds?

Enough to reeeally second guess buying firsts. I have bought two seconds and can not find the flaws.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
And where are people finding them? I looked on shoemart but wasn't able to find any seconds listings.

they don't list the seconds, you have to sign up to get them sent to you, or you can call joe one of the owners of shoemart and he will send them to you. they go very fast good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads