• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have been to H&M maybe 3-4 times in my life thus far and haven't managed to find any of these magical things that everyone else gets and seems to like. Then again there is a huge gay black guy who works at the one I used to live near and he always licked his lips when he saw me walk in, in my skinny little jeans, and I felt like I had about 15 seconds to browse and make it out of the store with my anus in its original state.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
so.... who is gonna bump the sufu ghetto thread?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They're actually opening an H&M here in the motherland and also releasing the iPhone very soon. Both are our late pass to modern culture and both are gonna be absolute shitshows. Offer people here some remnant of middle-class American culture and they eat it up.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why does 90% off all luggage look the same?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think he means people dogpiling on people who post their first ever waywt and it obviously being bad but because it's so bad, even the poorest dressers here are able to chime in as fashion experts and critique a miserable outfit as if its part of some dissertation. I think the other thing is him being irritated with the seemingly equal people who dogpile on uncontrol for posts where he's obviously just attention whoring or begging for people to think he's "weird" or "girly" or "different" and also people who defend him with you go girls and "he's just different and being himself and i respect that." Uncontrol isn't a terrible poster when he's not begging for attention or going off on the whole gender as social construct thing. I wish he would quit semi-trolling like that though as it's like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes. Can't even be fun asobu- I've felt some cosmic wonder pieces before and they're pretty solid. Can often be found on sale on some of the various scandanavian online boutiques since there are so many of them. Even though they do a lot of freak frute stuff like brian said, i can see you implementing some of their basic stuff really well with what you like to wear. They have some nice looser, drapier basics.
My meaning is kinda this: There didn't used to be/need to be a DT. Now there is. The problem is there's a ****-load of people who don't post fits, aren't looking to try anything new, and bring nothing to the table except their lite-version of some other nerd forum. (not that there's anything wrong with nerds) Then, when somebody new pops in, they begin their bareback stupid ****-train in piling over somebody telling them to **** off while giving each other handjobs. Then, they finish all over each others faces. Okay, the last part is my imagination, but the rest of it happens. This has become both a self-help forum for people clothes can't fix, and a safe haven for people who have given up self-help.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I have been to H&M maybe 3-4 times in my life thus far and haven't managed to find any of these magical things that everyone else gets and seems to like. Then again there is a huge gay black guy who works at the one I used to live near and he always licked his lips when he saw me walk in, in my skinny little jeans, and I felt like I had about 15 seconds to browse and make it out of the store with my anus in its original state.

H&M gives me a skin rash.

Originally Posted by robin
Why does 90% off all luggage look the same?

What about Zero Halliburton?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ lol @ L.A Guy: Man I love my wardrobe as I had no idea about what was good before, especially with no access. I only allow impulse buys on discounted / B&S / eBay as
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think the people who post the most about rebelling against workwear/americana or SF in general with hivementality/groupthink/sfapproved are mostly bitter people who can't dress themselves well who are upset that joining SF didn't instantly make them stylish.
Putting this in context, some things translate well, somethings don't. Workwear looks silly if you wear it here, and it's just not me. However, I do incorporate certain things and wear them in a certain way. Fuuma had a great pic of a Flathead flannel worn in a grunge context, rather then a repro one. Hive mentality anywhere with a group of peers. It helps here with affiliates who are on point about workwear and who tend to stick to it ATM. I think the most frustrating thing about workwear is to think that it isn't a trend or it's going to last more so than it did last time. Nothing wrong in loving your duckboots and filson bags, but your still chasing trends like the gothninja or euro fashion guy.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
is it some kind of secret that zegna makes suits for other brands? i emailed their customer service, who said that they do not make suits for any brand other than their own -_-

They might just not know. I worked at Banana Republic and Clarks made their shoes, and Coach their bags, but if you asked any of the workers where they came from. "Well umm,, Banana Republic? We make all our own stuff..." Not true.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a ToJ image / fit database?

Forum based ventures end up with so much spastic **** in their 'info' threads.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The different jackets I make all just get popular at different times, so far at least. The Bomber was off to a slow start and has actually been blowing up lately, and I think aqhong's fit pictures are gonna bring the Moto up to the top. The Moto actually hasn't been very popular but I think people will change their minds; BrianSD is getting his very soon as well. Photos only tell half of the story though.

I have been so busy I haven't even made my own, super mega custom TOJ leather for myself yet. I plan to, though.

Double Riders are really trendy right now - probably on the crest - and bombers are riding the 80's trend. Not sure where that is on the hype scale right now. I remember that around 2001, if something had a ribbed waistband... man, no way that was going to fly with anyone under 60, but you wouldn' know that after the past few years. Harrington's were very cool er... 2007 or so. Motos and cafe racers were all over the place a couple of years ago too. Things just come in phases. Unless you are really involved in analyzing trends, people tend to get caught up in the zeitgeist without ever really realizing it. I like motos because they have a nice, streamlined shape, and the band collar makes my long ass neck look more balanced.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've come to this realization late in my shopping life, but there's a big difference between thrift stores and vintage stores. I've been scoring at the vintage places lately.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Double Riders are really trendy right now - probably on the crest - and bombers are riding the 80's trend. Not sure where that is on the hype scale right now. I remember that around 2001, if something had a ribbed waistband... man, no way that was going to fly with anyone under 60, but you wouldn' know that after the past few years. Harrington's were very cool er... 2007 or so. Motos and cafe racers were all over the place a couple of years ago too. Things just come in phases. Unless you are really involved in analyzing trends, people tend to get caught up in the zeitgeist without ever really realizing it. I like motos because they have a nice, streamlined shape, and the band collar makes my long ass neck look more balanced.

Nice thing about the three styles is that they never really die. I sort of want an off-white moto.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Nice thing about the three styles is that they never really die. I sort of want an off-white moto.

I need another moto like I need a hole in the head, but an off-white moto will tempt me forever.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics