• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yup. And they'll be a discounted price when you buy both pieces. I'm aiming for a final retail of $550-$575 for the suit.

This has been a particular passion for me. For YEARS, I was bemoaning the lack of quality suits in this range. Even with all the choices in NYC, it's either get a cheap one from the likes of H&M, Uniqlo, Express, etc - which looks cheap and falls apart quickly - or spend well over a grand. I usually work with this $500-$700 suit budget, so my only option was to go to Paul Smith during their huge markdown. They rarely have anything simple or classic in 40R on sale, so every suit that I have is a pinstriped crazy number that makes me look like 1969 Mick Jagger at best or a 1987 divorce lawyer at worst. So we're aiming to have a really high quality 100% wool suit made in NYC that's affordable from the get-go.

This deserves a round of applause. Proper **** right up here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody picked up one of the fedoras yet?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore the purple flannel "out" for the first time last night to meet some friends for dinner. My one buddy was "pissed" because he's been looking for a purple flannel exactly like this one with "not too much purple" with no luck.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Anybody picked up one of the fedoras yet?

We took a bunch of online orders, but I'm not sure if they came from here or Selectism. We sell it great in the store. It's quite a commitment to rock a fedora, but the slim profile makes it pretty easygoing and mod.

Originally Posted by cr1234
Did the purple flannel restock come in today?

Should be coming tomorrow. I'll holler at everyone who reserved a unit once I confirm that the full re-stock is there.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've got two brand new shirts that will be available exclusively at the Pop-Up Flea. Have a gander:

Epaulet & Mark McNairy Contrast Collar Oxford: $150
The usual Epaulet fit with Mark McNairy's awesome heavyweight oxford cloth.

4116441376_d9384c1064_m.jpg

View full size

4115673767_4e0fca010b_m.jpg

View full size

Orange Gingham Flannel: $130
Same soft n' warm pima cotton flannel as our SF collab shirts, but now in orange.

4119051332_726c3fc762_m.jpg

View full size

4119051760_34260ba7f8_m.jpg

View full size

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on carrying the regular line of McNairy shirts?

King Leer

Reaction score
Alden for Epaulet. The Officer's Indy Boot.
Brown Horween Chromexel upper. Tru-Balance last. Double Leather sole.

Officer's Indy Boot: $450

We're thrilled to announce our second exclusive Alden style - the "Officer's Indy Boot." Using Alden's beloved Indy shape and comfortable Tru-Balance last, we added a Double Leather dress sole, self-colored stitching on the moc toe and welt, and flat waxed laces. The upper is done in Horween's rich brown Chromexel leather. The sturdy Double Leather sole is thick and substantial, and includes Alden's signature steel shank and natural cork filling for comfort & stability.

Great with jeans, solid with wool trousers, and absolutely perfect with chinos, the Officer's Indy has an old-school look and subtle antiqued appearance. It's a dressier take on the classic Indy, but still an easy item to wear casually. We envisioned a boot that could be worn by a WWII officer - something tough and rugged, but still refined enough for uniform inspection. 12 units were produced, and they are only available here.

Any chance you'll be restocking these in other sizes? these went fast! I'm saving up but now my size is gone
confused.gif

Thanks!

ivan k

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience shortening the length of the Epaulet shirts? I've tried to shorten two shirts in the past, but they came out looking odd and I've never worn them again...and I'd rather wear Epaulet's as is then being unhappy with shortening them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Leer
Any chance you'll be restocking these in other sizes? these went fast! I'm saving up but now my size is gone
confused.gif

Thanks!

Yes, but it's probably going to be around May. We'll have our "Black Pegasus" Indy's in a few weeks ghough.

Originally Posted by Blog Marley
two questions, what happened to the black flannel and i forget if this was discussed but will the suits be fused or canvased?

We got it. We sold through a few sizes at the Pop-Up Flea, but there's still stock on it. I'll work to get them online tomorrow.

And the blazers are "welt fused." I looked at a canvassed option, but for unless I wanted to import them from Asia, the pricing would have been way too high. I feel strongly about keeping them around $300 - $350 and making it in the US. Like our shirts, I want our blazers to have excellent fabrication, a great fit, long-lasting construction, and an affordable price.

I worked closely with our patternmaker and we used this technique. They have a really nice drape, and the fusable isn't stuck to the sportcoat like you see in cheaper blazers. The fabric's good, the fit is right on, and we used a great liner and real horn buttons. I think that you guys will really dig them. Should be about 10 days or so.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, a big thanks to everyone who came out to the Pop-Up Flea. We met quite a few SF peeps there, and it was a great experience. Sorry that I've been MIA on here and my PM's for the last few days. The Pop-Up Flea gave me a Pop-Up ass kicking in work volume. Here's some random things that I took away:

1. Our Flannels were a huge hit, and earned the distinction of "softest flannel" in the joint. Our best seller was the SF-beloved purple gingham.

2. Pop-Up Flea customers are really polite, and made for the easiest and most pleasant show that I've ever done. They were all very patient during our slow-ass manual paypal entries for credit card payments.

3. If you're thinking about the WvG peacoat, then I can personally attest that it's beautiful in person. The fit is spot on. The Farinelli's crew are great guys.

4. Bathrooms are okay as dressing rooms until someone uses them after eating Mexican food at "La Esquina." Things got ugly after that.

5. We sold a SHOCKING amount of Fedoras. That came out of left field. Remind me to bring a hundred hats next time.

6. Michael Williams has great taste in McNairy shoes. He did some really dope makeups.

7. Mister Mort made a fitted New Era which said "Oh Snap!" I kept meaning to buy one. I don't wear ballcaps, but this would be nice for a night of karaoke and furious drinking. I've got a vintage leather 8-ball jacket and a "Deez Nuuuts" t-shirt for those occasions. I need to get one to complete the look.

8. Tellason jeans are great and those dudes really know their denim. Tanner Goods shared a table with them, and they've got really great products coming down the pipeline

9. The Billykirk brothers have AWESOME taste in glasses. I want to see an optometrist and find some kind of problem with my eyes just so that I can wear glasses like theirs. They're amazing! I'm going to be 33 years old, surely there's something that can be corrected with my vision. Keeping my fingers crossed.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

9. The Billykirk brothers have AWESOME taste in glasses. I want to see an optometrist and find some kind of problem with my eyes just so that I can wear glasses like theirs. They're amazing! I'm going to be 33 years old, surely there's something that can be corrected with my vision. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Real men wear non-corrective lenses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads