• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
Hey guys, so I got in touch with Gordon from BiG, I'm going to return the hemmed unworn jeans and they'll be available for sale at the store and online until they sell, after which I'll be able to exchange.

EDIT: Also should be noted that after they sell I'll be eligible for a pair, straight. This sort of transaction just screams an opportunity for restocking fees/consignment fees/fees in general, but none here. Thumbs up.

Awesome man! Good news.

Yeah, hear ya about the no restock situation. It's a win-win if you have the patience to wait for them to sell ;-) I really admire the treatment and respect I've recieved there. Gordon is a saint, for sure.

Plus, it's like having an unopened christmas present waiting for you...heheh...

c00kz

Reaction score
Ha, definitely.. It'll be nice.

By the way, none of you guys might have a good recommendation for a cinch-back, coated black, slim straight jean or pant, eh? "/ First thing I thought was the MJ/Wrangler, but those are really expensive and I don't even know if they can be found anymore. I missed a pair on ebay a month or so ago. I tried on a pair of OBEY warsaw coated black at a shop near here. They're going for 130, the fit is pretty good (inseam's a little long- to be expected) and the denim is nice and heavy but not raw. The waistband wasn't cutting into my hips.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KMW 1980. Hows the fit?
img0026pn.jpg
img0028fh.jpg
Going to get these hemmed and hot soak them soon.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd say size down

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
I have yet another sizing question (I know, I know)...

What would you guys generally recommend for sizing on Skulls 5010 6x6 indigo? For reference, I wear a 25 in APC New Standards, would a 26 in Skull work?

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
KMW 1980. Hows the fit?
img0026pn.jpg

img0028fh.jpg

Going to get these hemmed and hot soak them soon.

Whoa. Nice cut for you tiger. My first pair fit like that and it seemed great until they stretched. Not a huge stretch to these, but enough to change the fit.

I agree, downsize one. The most noticable difference will be the top block, ass and thighs, where you'll need a snugger fit for the stretch. otherwise, say hi to diaper ass. Waist will definitely accomodate downsizing one more.

Soak the next pair asap too, because there is shrink. Most noticeably, the top block tightens up perfectly.

Originally Posted by hhenryhhh
I have yet another sizing question (I know, I know)...

What would you guys generally recommend for sizing on Skulls 5010 6x6 indigo? For reference, I wear a 25 in APC New Standards, would a 26 in Skull work?

No teasing here, brother ;-)

I wouldn't even compare the NC to skull. Different beasts when it comes to fit.

True to size
(and be generous - the top block is gonna be a ball cruncher no matter what - not in rise, but in overall tightness - ask Agelus, or me for that matter). Also, because top block is snug, it'll want to ride high until these stretch out. So nuts may be in for some bruisin' anyway.

Keep in mind, these really do shrink down close to tagged size, and you will lose an inch in the inseam too.

Welcome to the best house of pain denim ever provided. Call us when the pinches and bruises heal. it's rewarding.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samurai S510 24oz size 31

All measurements BiG-style

Apologies up front for the grainy pics

Pre-soak:

waist - 15.75"
inseam - 36" (had them hemmed)
front rise - 11.5"
rear rise - 15.5"
thigh - 13"
knee - 9.5"
hem - 8.75"

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

Did a hot soak (hot water from the tap + 2 pots of boiling water) for about 90 minutes.

When they dried, waist was about 15", inseam was 34.75" - not much shrinkage there, so decided to do a hot wash (hang dry).

Post soak/hot wash:

waist - 14.5"
inseam - 34.75" (didn't shrink any more)
front rise - 11.25"
rear rise - 14.75"
thigh - 12.5"
knee - 9"
hem - 8.5"

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7901.JPG

Oddly, they seem to have shrunk a normal amount horizontally, but only about half what I'd expect vertically. I'd be interested to hear if others had a similar experience.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
oops wrong section

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Oddly, they seem to have shrunk a normal amount horizontally, but only about half what I'd expect vertically. I'd be interested to hear if others had a similar experience.
Since you hang dried them, gravity could have caused the inseam to stretch back out (weight of water as it all gathers towards the hem)

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Whoa. Nice cut for you tiger. My first pair fit like that and it seemed great until they stretched. Not a huge stretch to these, but enough to change the fit.

I agree, downsize one. The most noticable difference will be the top block, ass and thighs, where you'll need a snugger fit for the stretch. otherwise, say hi to diaper ass. Waist will definitely accomodate downsizing one more.

Soak the next pair asap too, because there is shrink. Most noticeably, the top block tightens up perfectly.

I wish I could downsize one. These are already 28s and quite snug in the waist. I bought these in B&S for a great price but the owner had already worn them nights for about a week or two to stretch them out. I'm hoping the hot soak should take care of this. You guys think I'll be good?

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
:/ The back pockets are VERY low on you, KMW has low and large pockets but those are on your thighs. Since it was B&S though, you can't return them anyway. I wore mine +2 sizes and they were fine (first non-baggy pair of jeans) so it's more about whether you can deal with the fit or not

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
The pockets on my rb23s do that and it's definitely how they're designed, fwiw

How many jeans are in your rotation, mlyngard? Every time I read this thread I hear about your personal experience with another pair! I'm jealous.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hhenry i wear a size 25 apc new standard you should able to fit into a skull 5010 6x6 size 26 but you'll probably get bruises if you try to sag them right away.

i fit into size 27 5010 6x6 indigo skulls but first week was kind of tough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads