• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

seany

Reaction score
Danmmm for the most part they fit you well, but your six foot.

I'm 5'9, the smalls would def be to small on me.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
collars suck bad

Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^This. I just got my hickory stripe chambray and I agree that the overall fit and quality is very good for the price, the collar (non-button down) sucks. It's a deal breaker. I'd rather have the $25.

I said this when I first posted the photos ... however I like the fabric and the price is fine for what is very casual shirt for me.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
Actually the sleeve length seemed to vary

You can't expect tight quality control at that price point, so I'd expect the sizing to vary a bit from item to item. Credit to Lands' End for sharing measurements with customers -- some companies won't provide them (I suspect) because they know there can be a lot of variety in different runs of the same shirt, the same shirt in different fabrics, etc.

I bought a pair of the Canvas chinos. Good value for the money but still a cheap chino. The cut is like Bill's M3 but with onseam pockets. Low rise, straight leg that is not slim but not all that full either. Fabric is lightweight, maybe 6 ounces, not exactly a cold-weather item.

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
quick fit pics:
chambray gray (s)
CIMG1045.jpg

I noticed my chambray came with the left (buttonhole) side of the collar flattened down same way as in the pic. Wonder if coincidence or intentionally done that way as part of the "minimal packaging" aesthetic. It's annoying but I'll prob give these shirts a wash anyway.

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
I noticed my chambray came with the left (buttonhole) side of the collar flattened down same way as in the pic. Wonder if coincidence or intentionally done that way as part of the "minimal packaging" aesthetic. It's annoying but I'll prob give these shirts a wash anyway.

I always see people wearing dress shirts with both sides of the collar flattened like that, as if they ironed it that way. Maybe their dry cleaners are pressing them that way? It just looks awful to me.

sccoopy

Reaction score
could the collar be worse than Jcrew secret wash shirts?

Originally Posted by srivats
I said this when I first posted the photos ... however I like the fabric and the price is fine for what is very casual shirt for me.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sccoopy
could the collar be worse than Jcrew secret wash shirts?

LOL ..

Originally Posted by a-rock

My collar looked the same too ... I think its the packaging ... let's see how it looks after a wash. The collars are the worst part about these shirts for sure.

I don't like the collars on the OCBDs posted above either - the Lands End versions have MUCH better collars.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my order and the shirts are fine for the price. They fit me, I'm 5'9" 150. They are what I would call a true Small, not really slim cut, not baggy either.

The pants waist are mis-sized, my 30 measures 32.

The best thing I can say about them is that I will consider buying a few more pieces

PatriotsFan

Reaction score
I received my blue striped chambray in a size M today - pretty happy with the fit aside from the length being 1-2 inches longer than I would have liked (I'm 5'9) and the collar size being 15-15.5 (I usually wear 16.5 dress shirts).

Not too keen on the flimsyness of the collar, but pretty happy with the feel of the fabric. I think I'll throw it in the washer and wash it on hot to see if I can shrink the length of the shirt.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, can anyone comment on the pattern-matching? I didn't get any stripes because I thought the patterns would be all off (and give away how cheap these are). Are they good at matching?

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PatriotsFan
I received my blue striped chambray in a size M today - pretty happy with the fit aside from the length being 1-2 inches longer than I would have liked (I'm 5'9) and the collar size being 15-15.5 (I usually wear 16.5 dress shirts).

Not too keen on the flimsyness of the collar, but pretty happy with the feel of the fabric. I think I'll throw it in the washer and wash it on hot to see if I can shrink the length of the shirt.

I bought a medium earlier this week to compare and it fits me better than the small. I washed it warm and tumble dried low and it shrunk slightly (about .5 inch length and sleeve)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would be nice is they had Tall sizes like they do in their regular line of some items.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I got the M chambray here's a quick picture:
DSCF0739.jpg
dunno if I like it. kinda loose, yet narrow shoulder. collar sucks but maybe would look better after a few washings. if I keep it will probably have the body tapered to get rid of the big flair at the hips.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the one guarantee with these are ****** collars

have the white oxford and the navy poplin, serviceable shirts that have their time/place but the buttondown collars suck in terms of shape & roll (lack of)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads