• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A few bespoke shirts from Rubinacci using Riva and DJ Anderson fabrics.

p1010408z.jpg

p1010402c.jpg

p1010405.jpg

p1010407zh.jpg

kcc

Reaction score
Remarkable

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collars, whnay.

I'd prefer the button down in a rougher, more casual fabric, however.

kngrimm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
What's the advantage of TM goldline over silverline for something like a plain blue shirt? Is there something objectively better about goldline fabrics?

Fair question... albeit, it's mostly been said by sweep...

Goldline feels great against the skin (i.e. silky)... also, if you get a pattern it's more 'high resolution'... crisper lines, checks, etc.

If both books have the same pattern, I'm going goldline (or alumo)... but if you want a specific pattern it's not always available (new book, sold out, etc.) - so you do something else.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
A few bespoke shirts from Rubinacci using Riva and DJ Anderson fabrics.
p1010408z.jpg
p1010402c.jpg
p1010405.jpg
p1010407zh.jpg

Very very nice. You managed very standard English-looking collars (a good thing, IMO) rather than cutaway or point. I like them a lot. I did not know Rubinacci did anything other than suits/jackets/pants. How would his shirts compare to Borrelli, Kiton, Mattuozo? Realize there is a bespoke/RTW issue, but how is construction/level of hand work and general style?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
Very very nice. You managed very standard English-looking collars (a good thing, IMO) rather than cutaway or point. I like them a lot.

I did not know Rubinacci did anything other than suits/jackets/pants. How would his shirts compare to Borrelli, Kiton, Mattuozo? Realize there is a bespoke/RTW issue, but how is construction/level of hand work and general style?

Less handwork than all three (hand stitched arm holes and button holes only) but more conservative styling (which I prefer) including what I think are some of the more elegant collars I've seen.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oshinex
Beautiful shirts. What made you go with Rubinacci instead of Mattuozo on your trip?

I ordered these in May while in London. I'll evently try Mattuozo...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Less handwork than all three (hand stitched arm holes and button holes only) but more conservative styling (which I prefer) including what I think are some of the more elegant collars I've seen.

The spread collars are great.

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My first reaction upon seeing the collars was that they were "dowdy".

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score

Very nice shirts Bill. Do you like them better than your Charvet shirts?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Very nice shirts Bill. Do you like them better than your Charvet shirts?
I like them for different reasons. Its nice to have a little variety, don't you think?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I like them for different reasons. Its nice to have a little variety, don't you think?
Absolutely. My guess is they are not quite up to Charvet quality but I could be wrong. Very stylish and well made in any case I'm sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads