• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dinner of champions

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
In what way? Its okay with a shot of Amer Picon in it, otherwise you might as
well drink any other bland lager.

So what's wrong with Stella? It's a lager? Okay.
eh.gif

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
So what's wrong with Stella? It's a lager? Okay.
eh.gif

What are you the distributor or something? Stella is a relatively bland lager, why take it so personally?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you the distributor or something? Stella is a relatively bland lager, why take it so personally?
I'm not taking it personally. I just don't see why so many lagers are called bland because they aren't made in a one-gallon still at the peak of Mount Harvard or stuffed with enough hops to embalm a corpse. OH MYBGOD ITS NOT A MICROBREW IT SUCKZZ It's not the best lager ever, but it's solid and very drinkable. Even my own favorite lagers will switch from time to time and occasion to occasion. The perfection of lagers are the subtleties among them -- simply tossing out Stella as crap because it's widely-distributed is a nod to the esoteric instead of the flavor.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol. this looks disgusting. if you want fish with cheese, go back to your milf.

Originally Posted by Thomas
The meal of Belgian transsexuals, perhaps

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have Stella in the fridge right now. Also, that meal needs some cheese.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice plate, grandma.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have Stella in the fridge right now. Also, that meal needs some cheese.
Originally Posted by Douglas
Nice plate, grandma.
bigstar[1].gif
Tonight will probably be grilled chicken and spinach. And maybe some veggie soup.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Will I be seeing either of you guys in Ann Arbor ?
I was thinking about it, but I am going to be traveling to Chicago next week so I nixed the idea.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
lol. this looks disgusting. if you want fish with cheese, go back to your milf.

this is the grossest thing I've read in a while . . .

+1

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I'm not taking it personally. I just don't see why so many lagers are called bland because they aren't made in a one-gallon still at the peak of Mount Harvard or stuffed with enough hops to embalm a corpse.

OH MYBGOD ITS NOT A MICROBREW IT SUCKZZ

It's not the best lager ever, but it's solid and very drinkable. Even my own favorite lagers will switch from time to time and occasion to occasion. The perfection of lagers are the subtleties among them -- simply tossing out Stella as crap because it's widely-distributed is a nod to the esoteric instead of the flavor.

Didn't say that, but since I don't buy Stella I thought I'd check the website of a local discount chain (Binnys) to see what it cost vs other lagers.

Stella $9.50/6
Great Lakes Dortmunder $9/6
Pilsner Urquel $9/6
Miller $6.50/6

So you're paying $3 more than Miller for an equivalent beer, or $.50 more than better beers. Taste is
subjective, but paying a premium for Stella is a big fail.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't say that, but since I don't buy Stella I thought I'd check the website of a local discount chain (Binnys) to see what it cost vs other lagers.

Stella $9.50/6
Great Lakes Dortmunder $9/6
Pilsner Urquel $9/6
Miller $6.50/6

So you're paying $3 more than Miller for an equivalent beer, or $.50 more than better beers. Taste is
subjective, but paying a premium for Stella is a big fail.

Stella is a hell of a lot better than Miller and on par with Pilsner Urquel (which it's pretty different from). My pilsner of choice (Tyskie) is $1.50/6 cheaper than Pilsner Urquell so what does that mean?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I drink mostly Guinness and some "craftbrews" (Dogfishead, etc.) when it comes to beer. That was the first Stella I've had in years. It is fine, but I don't really drink pilsners.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Why did Binny's have to buy out Sam's Wine & Spirits????
frown.gif

Because Sam's overcharged people who didn't know anything about wine. If you know what you are doing Binny's is one of the great places to buy wine in the US.

Originally Posted by why
Stella is a hell of a lot better than Miller and on par with Pilsner Urquel (which it's pretty different from). My pilsner of choice (Tyskie) is $1.50/6 cheaper than Pilsner Urquell so what does that mean?

It means you are wasting your time defending a crap brew like Stella. I just don't understand why you are so personally vested in defending this brand. While I am personally amused at your loyalty to something so mediocre, I understand that we all have our guilty pleasures, for instance I really like Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter. Its just hard to understand why you think something that is marginally better than Miller but almost 50% more expensive is worth arguing about. I mean if Jif or Peter Pan was that much cheaper than Skippy, I'd buy them, no question.

Maybe you were strongly affected by A Streetcar Named Desire, and you have to defend Stella no matter what, but your devotion to a brand which is not your first choice is kind of weird.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics