• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My neighbor's new car:

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
A good friend has a Cayenne S. Like a turbocharged grocery cart.

jkennett

Reaction score
quattroporte is more common than an accord here. i used to like them but not really into it anymore.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with a Cayenne S? I'm not a big SUV fan but if I had to get one I think the Caynenne S and the more powerful models (GTS, Turbo, Turbo S) make a good choice. They actually have some off-roading ability and decent on road performance.
The v-6 powered regular Cayenne is probably too much of a whale though. Also, the sales of Cayenne also allowed Porsche to remain profitable and continue to make and improve their more exciting cars. No comment on the Panamera.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
What's wrong with a Cayenne S? I'm not a big SUV fan but if I had to get one I think the Caynenne S and the more powerful models (GTS, Turbo, Turbo S) make a good choice. They actually have some off-roading ability and decent on road performance.
The v-6 powered regular Cayenne is probably too much of a whale though. Also, the sales of Cayenne also allowed Porsche to remain profitable and continue to make and improve their more exciting cars. No comment on the Panamera.

Well to me the Cayenne sucks because it's an SUV with sporting pretensions, which works about as well as a rhinoceros trying to fly. It looks like a Porsche that ate too much. Its owners often carry no more than one other person inside.

So it caters to an audience that wants everything great about owning a Porsche with everything great about owning an SUV. What ends up happening is that the owner looks precisely twice the douchebag he would if he had only owned one of those things.

People who carry more than one other person inside their Cayenne are exempt from this prejudice. They are guilty only of owning an ugly vehicle.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
No children... and the wife, like the husband is fat and ugly.

Then better start dragoning the car.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
Well to me the Cayenne sucks because it's an SUV with sporting pretensions, which works about as well as a rhinoceros trying to fly. It looks like a Porsche that ate too much. Its owners often carry no more than one other person inside. So it caters to an audience that wants everything great about owning a Porsche with everything great about owning an SUV. What ends up happening is that the owner looks precisely twice the douchebag he would if he had only owned one of those things. People who carry more than one other person inside their Cayenne are exempt from this prejudice. They are guilty only of owning an ugly vehicle.
I'm not a big fan of the styling either but reading professional review the performance both off and on road is listed as pretty good. When compared to most japanese, korean and US made SUVs it still has superior performance. Not sure while I'm defending it since given the choice I would go for an Audi Avant instead (S4/S6/RS4/RS6).

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bang them both in and on the car. And then bang the car.

I like the way you think.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
No children... and the wife, like the husband is fat and ugly.

So just hate **** the wife. Use the back door.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the styling either but reading professional review the performance both off and on road is listed as pretty good. When compared to most japanese, korean and US made SUVs it still has superior performance.

Not sure while I'm defending it since given the choice I would go for an Audi Avant instead (S4/S6/RS4/RS6).

I hope it outperforms them. It damn well should for the price and for being from Porsche.

The Avants look nice. Are they "crossovers"? I guess that's what marketing calls wagons these days. They appear more practical and less "yo dawg check out my mad tyte rimz" than high-dollar SUVs. Plus I hear they have some pretty brutal power.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha a Cayenne S. Pointless machine.

And don't worry, you'll feel lots better when the Maserati starts self-destructing.

He's got Ferraris too which I'll photograph next week.

Originally Posted by Albern
haha... It's not even the Turbo model. Small timer
blush.gif

Yeah, a Maserati and a Cayenne S aren't Big Timer but he does have Ferraris and Bentleys ( which I'll photograph next week ). While he's no John O'Quinn with 30 Duesenbergs and over 800 cars, he's got quite a fleet for a guy on the block.

But I will beat him in "The Cat Race". If he stops at "Sheba" then he's not a Big Timer.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
He's got Ferraris too which I'll photograph next week.

Awesome. Looking forward to the pictures.

I'm going to have to ask this guy I know who works for the Ferrari dealership here in Seoul that is currently driving a GranTurismo if anything blew up or caught on fire yet.

And yes I don't know what the hell happened with the Aztek. I mean props for trying something new but oh god it hurts

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it outperforms them. It damn well should for the price and for being from Porsche. The Avants look nice. Are they "crossovers"? I guess that's what marketing calls wagons these days. They appear more practical and less "yo dawg check out my mad tyte rimz" than high-dollar SUVs. Plus I hear they have some pretty brutal power.
The Avants are true wagons not crossovers. Unfortunately, people in US prefer car based SUVs to wagons, even high performance wagons, hence most Audi Avants are no longer sold here. They are very popular in Europe. Audi also makes "Allroad" models with higher ground clearance and adjustable suspension but again they are no longer sold in US.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Avants are true wagons not crossovers. Unfortunately, people in US prefer car based SUVs to wagons, even high performance wagons, hence most Audi Avants are no longer sold here. They are very popular in Europe. Audi also makes "Allroad" models with higher ground clearance and adjustable suspension but again they are no longer sold in US.

That's really a shame. I don't know what's so bad about having a wagon instead of trying to steroid it up with a crossover.

I haven't seen an Avant here in Seoul yet, oddly enough.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
This is one of the most ugly **** of everything!

You have no idea just how funny your posts are
fing02[1].gif

I test drove a Cayenne when we were in the market, I liked it a lot. lIked the interior, liked the drive. It's not everyone's cuppa (like any car) but I don't understand the hate based on it being an SUV and a Porsche. If you have a family, sometimes you have to fill the car up with people/groceries, so the space of an SUV is appreciated and sometimes you are driving solo and the performance is appreciated. Didn't go with the Cayenne, but really wish we did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads