• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I look like that at 30 I'm going in for a shitload of plastic surgery.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superfans124
omg I didn't know Rick Springfield is a real man, had to google to find out about him, man is 60 years old and he looks only half of his age, I don't believe it!

If you didn't realize he was a real person who was a one-hit wonder who fucked a ton of random chicks, you missed out on several pretty hilarious but very subtle jokes.

superfans124

Reaction score
I got that he must've been a one hit wonder, actually I thought he was a child star or some kind, just that I thought he was another Lew Ashby, a made-up character. It's the repeatitive name dropping "that IS Rick Springfield" "are YOU Rick Springfield" "I'm getting effed by Rick Springfield", that finally set me in, "ok, maybe Rick Springfield is actually somebody." It's shocking to me not because he's a real person but because he's 60 ******* years old, I had the impression from his appearance and demeanor that he's around probably Duchovney's age (I don't really know exactly how old Duchovney is, 40ish? I guess), and many times his character appears to be more youthful with energy than Hank Moody's boozed out old lazy ass. Even though he can't hide those old man blurry eyes (makes perfect sense to me now), but I think for what its worth, his plastic surgeons did a darn good job.

tor

Reaction score
I just started watching this show.

1. so many boobies
2. great sense of humor in the show, running throughout
3. indeed, entourage has nothing on this show

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
If you didn't realize he was a real person who was a one-hit wonder who fucked a ton of random chicks, you missed out on several pretty hilarious but very subtle jokes.

one-hit wonder??!!!! "jessie's girl" might be his biggest hit but he also sang the classics "i've done everything for you", "taxi dancing", "don't talk to strangers", "what kind of fool am i", "affair of the heart" and "love somebody" which was in the soundtrack of his major film "hard to hold".... he is a god!
plain.gif

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know his music but its funny that old stars are portrayed as sex fiends and drug addicts

( i.e. the guy from full house in entourage)

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Would like to see more Eva Amurri titty (she was on How I met your MOther last nite too). Soon as I saw her I tell the missus, hey we've seen her *******!!

Hanks the man!

I had the exact same experience. When she appeared on screen I turned to the old lady and say "seen her boobs."

Everyone saying that Natasha McElhone is ugly - I don't know what to say, except, you're marsupialed.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the end of Springfield. The joke would have been funny for an episode, but an entire season of going back to the same tired **** is way too much.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
i don't know his music but its funny that old stars are portrayed as sex fiends and drug addicts

( i.e. the guy from full house in entourage)

The guy from Full House? You're ******** me, right?

plain.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
I'm hoping this is the end of Springfield. The joke would have been funny for an episode, but an entire season of going back to the same tired **** is way too much.

Isn't next week the season finale anyway? Springfield was the most interesting character on the show. Hope I look as youthful at 60.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The last few episodes have been very meh with a few laughs here and there. The last two in particular I was waiting for them to get started when I realized there was only 5 minutes left to go. This season in general saddens me compared to how it started. Replacing the hot Suicide Girl we got horrifying and boner-shriveling Kathleen Turner, and replacing the fun and funny and sorta-complex Ashby and attendant antics, we got IMO annoying as hell and boring Rick Springfield with his cliches being pounded out over and over. Mia (another hot girl presence, and a reason to have girls in schoolgirl outfits on screen) is now totally absent and we have the daughter's snotty, generic looking snob of a friend instead. And Hank hasn't punched any dickweeds in a long time. Nor does he care anymore that he's not writing - just tossed that whole defining part of himself away somehow.
frown.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
They exploited the characters too much during this season. Hank is just a caricature of himself. It's like Weeds where I grew to dislike the main character over the seasons.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got showtime. Can i get into the show from watching the current season?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads