• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

b-ill

Reaction score
Free Shipping until Nov. 24, no minimum
Promo Code: WREATH
Pin: 2380

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ill
Free Shipping until Nov. 24, no minimum
Promo Code: WREATH
Pin: 2380

Thanks for that code, it worked!

I already have the striped chambray, and I ordered 3 more shirts: 2 chambray (gray and blue chambary) and 1 oxford (gull gray). Order total was less than 100 and did not qualify for the tote - however I called the customer service to check if my payment went through, and they offered a free tote. Their customer service is outstanding.

jessetk313

Reaction score
The size small looks as if it may be a little big on me. Would you guys say that the $29 dollar Oxford is worth the purchase and taking to get the sleeves and shirt tailored to fit slimmer,raising the overall price to say $50 or so dollars? Or would the shirt quality not be worth the hassle.

blynch

Reaction score
got my order in, don't know why I didn't get a tote, obviously they still have them and I spent over $100, so I'm going to have to ask them why I didn't get one.

Small fits just like jcrew smalls as already said, except the sleeves are a bit shorter. Actually the sleeve length seemed to vary, of the 3 smalls I got, 2 of them are long enough, 1 I will need to return because its at least a half inch short.

Medium pit to pit is 22", I would say they are slimmer than jcrew medium by a bit. I'll be exchanging this as the smalls seem to fit me better if I get ones with long enough sleeves.

Overall quality seems very good especially considering the price. The oxfords are better quality than jcrew outlet, and about the same or better than jcrew oxfords. The utility shirt is nice except the buttons are terrible, could just be me but I really think they look bad.

--I'm impressed, I will be keeping or exchanging all items I ordered. Sleeve length is the only drawback, hopeful I get lucky on my exchanges. These shirts are also relatively short so they can be worn untucked or tucked easily.

a-rock

Reaction score
Just got this by email...

Donate a gently-used coat at any Lands' End Shop at Sears between 10/29 and 11/30 to help those in need and receive 30% off outwear.

blynch

Reaction score
quick fit pics:
chambray gray (s)
CIMG1045.jpg

oxford white(s)
CIMG1048.jpg

oxford blue stripe (s) this one the sleeves are too short
CIMG1053.jpg

oxford gray (m) A bit baggy, but doable, I think I like the smalls better.
CIMG1056.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the medium better on you. The smalls are too short.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
got my order in, don't know why I didn't get a tote, obviously they still have them and I spent over $100, so I'm going to have to ask them why I didn't get one.

Small fits just like jcrew smalls as already said, except the sleeves are a bit shorter. Actually the sleeve length seemed to vary, of the 3 smalls I got, 2 of them are long enough, 1 I will need to return because its at least a half inch short.

Medium pit to pit is 22", I would say they are slimmer than jcrew medium by a bit. I'll be exchanging this as the smalls seem to fit me better if I get ones with long enough sleeves.

Overall quality seems very good especially considering the price. The oxfords are better quality than jcrew outlet, and about the same or better than jcrew oxfords. The utility shirt is nice except the buttons are terrible, could just be me but I really think they look bad.

--I'm impressed, I will be keeping or exchanging all items I ordered. Sleeve length is the only drawback, hopeful I get lucky on my exchanges. These shirts are also relatively short so they can be worn untucked or tucked easily.

Blynch, what's the back shoulder measurement on a medium? Thanks.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I like the medium better on you. The smalls are too short.

the striped oxford is obviously too short, I thought the small chambray and the white oxford were pretty close to the same as the medium oxford in sleeve length(quarter inch shorter on the white oxford maybe). I definitely wish they were all a half inch longer to be honest, but the medium is pretty boxy on me -it doesn't show all the extra material in the picture.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^This. I just got my hickory stripe chambray and I agree that the overall fit and quality is very good for the price, the collar (non-button down) sucks. It's a deal breaker. I'd rather have the $25.

seany

Reaction score
hey blynch how tall are you ?

thanks in advance.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fits look pretty mediocre to me
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics