• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give better gift on her birthday or Christmas??

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, my gf's birthday is in the beginning of December and was just wondering if you give her the better (imo) present for her birthday or for Christmas?

PS... Albert, you are forbidden to make any snide comments in this thread...

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no right answer to this question. Do what you wish.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Her birthday is her day to feel special so that would get my vote.

Albert is a douchebag so he will probably ignore your request and proceed to be himself.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote B-day

1> More people will give her xmas presents than b-day presents.
2> And this is really bad and selfish, but... she will remember the b-day present when choosing your xmas present

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no way that you are going to get away with only one good present. That being said, I would invest more in birthday gift as that is the one that is more personal.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This would be so much easier if your girlfriend was Jesus.

true story: I know somebody who was born on Dec. 25, and his parents named him "Lord"
plain.gif

Crawford

Reaction score
I would spend about the same amount on each, but the Birthday present should be a single large/expensive item, like a piece of jewelry, and the Christmas present is an assortment of smaller less expensive gifts, more practical stuff that she could will use on a day-to-day basis.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
5 bucks and a card works for all occasions

baseball_guy

Reaction score
I would give a good gift on her birthday, but give the really good gift on Christmas. There is something special about Christmas. The older people get the less important a birthday is, but Christmas stays magical for a lifetime.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by baseball_guy
I would give a good gift on her birthday, but give the really good gift on Christmas. There is something special about Christmas. The older people get the less important a birthday is, but Christmas stays magical for a lifetime.

For women, this doesn't seem to kick in until at least 35.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I vote B-day

1> More people will give her xmas presents than b-day presents.
2> And this is really bad and selfish, but... she will remember the b-day present when choosing your xmas present

I like the way you think sir

videogeek

Reaction score
My birthday is the 17th. People with December birthdays usually have had at least a few that have been swept up in the holiday and/or forgotten altogether. Early December maybe not as much, but if I were you I'd err on the side of caution and put more effort (if not money) into the birthday.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
as a person with a December birthday, go with the better gift on her birthday. it's her day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads