• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
summit-scottish-style-ale-batch-02.png

mmmmm, heather. Sweet, herbal and bitter, what a mix. Remarkably smooth for 7% abv. Highly recommended to anyone who can find it!

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my dinners over the weekend:

The Wonderlust from Absinthe Brasserie and Bar:
16531_646358684853_216316_36904034_5473149_n.jpg

Bols Genever, pineapple gum, Creme de Violette, lemon juice and a dash of Absinthe

And from the underground supper club:
16531_646355945343_216316_36903986_466145_n.jpg

"Gin and Juice" - Broker's gin, celery juice, agave, and lavender

16531_646355965303_216316_36903989_2596561_n.jpg

Aloe and Pomegrante "soda"

16531_646355985263_216316_36903993_6118351_n.jpg

"Interpretation of Autumn" - Buffalo bourbon, sugar pumpkin juice, and pumpkin seeds

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
From my dinners over the weekend:

The Wonderlust from Absinthe Brasserie and Bar:

Bols Genever, pineapple gum, Creme de Violette, lemon juice and a dash of Absinthe

And from the underground supper club:

"Gin and Juice" - Broker's gin, celery juice, agave, and lavender

Aloe and Pomegrante "soda"

"Interpretation of Autumn" - Buffalo bourbon, sugar pumpkin juice, and pumpkin seeds

Which did you like the best? The autumn one looks very unique to me, I can't recall having pumpkin juice before in any drink.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Pumpkin juice is actually really interesting. In a drink, it can be really good. Pumpkin juice cocktails with pumpkin seed powdered rims are pretty popular around here. The bar at Cyrus has a pumpkin drink that is out of this world.

BTW, Roikins, when will you be getting up here? Menu is pretty outstanding right now.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Which did you like the best? The autumn one looks very unique to me, I can't recall having pumpkin juice before in any drink.

The Wonderlust was so good; I think I'll have a few of those each time I eat at Absinthe.
laugh.gif

From the underground supper club, I think the gin and juice was the best; it was light and refreshing, so it was a great cocktail to start the meal. The aloe and pom drink was a non-alcoholic drink, but the flavors were really cool and the interplay of textures was neat, and I'm thinking it would be a great drink to make for the holidays for kids or wives/gfs that don't drink. The bourbon/pumpkin drink was on the stronger side, which I'm always a fan of, but it drowned out any pumpkin flavor. It's funny, because I've been playing with the idea of making pumpkin juice to use in a seasonal cocktail, but don't have the energy to cook some pumpkin to get some juice from it.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Pumpkin juice is actually really interesting. In a drink, it can be really good. Pumpkin juice cocktails with pumpkin seed powdered rims are pretty popular around here. The bar at Cyrus has a pumpkin drink that is out of this world.

BTW, Roikins, when will you be getting up here? Menu is pretty outstanding right now.

I'm supposed to head up there with a few friends in December, and if they all decide to bail on me, I'm still going. I was going to go up there next week with a friend, but she's going to be with her mom for Thanksgiving.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Cool, let me know on the exact date you'll be coming. I can't promise Chef will take care of your menu.... but I'll do my courses extra well.
smile.gif

BTW, you don't have to cook pumpkin to release the juice. For the bar at Cyrus, it's just raw pumpkin put through a juicer. It's a real ***** to do and yields very little juice for the amount of pumpkin, but the flavor is better.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Cool, let me know on the exact date you'll be coming. I can't promise Chef will take care of your menu.... but I'll do my courses extra well.
smile.gif
BTW, you don't have to cook pumpkin to release the juice. For the bar at Cyrus, it's just raw pumpkin put through a juicer. It's a real ***** to do and yields very little juice for the amount of pumpkin, but the flavor is better.

Haha, I'm sure you'll take care of my courses! OpenTable tells me it's the 19th.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Yeah, I was thinking it would yield only a few drops of juice, which is why I was thought I would have to cook, blend, and pass it through cheese cloth, but if you say the flavor will be better, I'll give it a shot. It's a good thing all these supermarkets have a lot of pumpkins sitting around.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maredsous 8 Bruin Bitter (Belgian bitter, not American IPA or imperial stout bitter) and with a bit of caramel and nuttiness in the aftertaste. I don't usually like much nuttiness in beers, but this is subtle and done well. It's pretty good, doesn't really compare to the Maredsous 10 in character, but definitely a good ale. Medium bodied and perfect for fall, although really, the only "need to drink" beer from the Maredsous line seems to be the 10 from my perspective. And that marks 200 different for me
smile.gif
Some of those cocktails look marvelous Roikins. The gin and juice looks exquisite.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Guinness Anniversary stout.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little Macallan CS - a great sherry monster

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads