• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And... Cookz, allready got some info on your exchange?

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
@ Mlyngard:

Your earlier post, involving the evopics from context. Why shouldn't my jeans turn out somewhat like that?

Originally Posted by slaani
I have been wearing mine really hard for about 9 months and they are probably 1/3 as faded as that. I assume he meant that you will see very little in the way of big change in the next 3 months.

^ yeah. What he said...

But you will eventually, I'm sure.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
Yup, BiG.

By chance, it turns out I'm going to be visiting nyc in a little bit over a month. I live in California.

So, Gordon from BiG's the guy who takes care of this? Is there a time period in which credit is assigned? If he were to accept the terms of that consignment return you mentioned, they'd be available for sale and credit would be given to me once they sell. Is there a cut-off point? A couple months? I really have no idea how fast these go..

and Mylngard, I definitely do not want to hot soak if I'm still anticipating offing these as "new", don't you think? And yeah, I should have mentioned I took the inseam and waist shrink into account. The waist fits.. idk, it "fits", but it feels like you upsized on 511's. Skinny jean, just big all over the place. .

Gordon is one the partners, I believe, and the denim guru/policy maker, I also believe. He's the point person, and generally the one who responds to all my questions.

Not sure what the actual specific terms of the consignment are, but I was grateful to be allowed to do it and not be totally stuck. He will need to review them first, and my rec. is to let him extend the offer to consign. Just tell him your fit problem and ask whim what your options are. I really shouldn't presume to tell you this is a guarantee.

Your fit issue sounds identical to my issue with my first (size 30) pair. The 29 wasn't a radical difference, size-wise, but man, when they finally stretched, I was really glad I made the decision to downsize. You will too, I think.

PS - soaking won't solve your current problem. Was just giving you a heads-up for your future pair.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Oh. Duh. That was you. Those things look friggin' awesome on you, man. That's why I love 'em!

They're breaking in nicely. I found there's an accelerated period from about 1 month to three months when all sorts of the cool stuff happens.

^ yeah. What he said...

But you will eventually, I'm sure.

Lol, if so... Your earlier comment (see above), doesn't make sense...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, if so... Your earlier comment (see above), doesn't make sense...

I rarely make sense. it's the cross I bear. Sigh.

I should have been more specific. I was talking about 3 months of wearing them 2-3 times a week, and the changes for me were subtle - i.e. the jeans were only just beginning to show what the fades would be like.

Those jeans from Context are pretty amazing at five months. If that's true. I'm not sure many mere mortals could get that from Somets in five months, let alone three.

If you do get those results, I'll fly there and buy you a beer. Then I'll steal your jeans once you're dunk enough.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe... Well... You just cop a pair yourself and put time and effort in it then... The money you need to spend on beer to get me drunk is twice a high as the pair of the cheapest Somet's =P

Now I don't make sense... But seriously. What is 2/3 days wear a week? That's about 8/12 wears a month, say 36 in three months. I'm planning on wearing these every day... For at least 5 or 6 months. Ã'm sure I get better results then, just based on wearing them harder than you did...

Do the math, 36 in 3 months... or about 90 days in 3 months.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe... Well... You just cop a pair yourself and put time and effort in it then... The money you need to spend on beer to get me drunk is twice a high as the pair of the cheapest Somet's =P
Now I don't make sense... But seriously. What is 2/3 days wear a week? That's about 8/12 wears a month, say 36 in three months. I'm planning on wearing these every day... For at least 5 or 6 months. Ã'm sure I get better results then, just based on wearing them harder than you did...

Do the math, 36 in 3 months... or about 90 days in 3 months

Heheh. Half my family's from Denmark, and the other half is from Scotland. You also mentioned something related to beer. Where they come from, you just made a challenge you're going to have to keep now.

Clock starts now. I'm putting a dollar in every day. I'll see you in ninety days (let's see, that would make the date February 18th). You bring the pictures, and I'll bring the cash.

I'm serious. I totally want to see those Somets beat to shreds. If you have them pretty reasonably and nicely faded for three months (group vote, not just mine) - I'll paypal you 90 US dollars. You have my word here in writing.

I lose 90 bucks. You lose your pride.

I'm prepared to lose. Are you? ;-)

Hereby signed, yours truly.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim challenge? Mine vs. yours?

You on?

Well yeah! Sure, I'm on...

Don't need your money though, although I liked the proposal =) Let's just do it for the honor. I'm not into getting some commercial benefit from jeans, hehe.

Any rules? Besides not cheating, which I think speaks for itself?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Mlyngard?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics