• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I would never wear.....

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
but anyways here are my nevers:
Barker Blacks

why specifically Barker Blacks?

Originally Posted by mlyngard
I think maybe GetSmart should just add this as one of the clear winners in his first post.

I didnt know drop crotch pants were on the radar of so many people of stuff they'd never wear. they're awful but they didnt even exist in any form of conscious thought for me. until now. and it wont leave.

JohnGrays

Reaction score
Boat Shoes
Cardigans
Vests
Skinny Jeans

I saw the notation in the title but I wouldn't know how to classify it so I'll just say I'll never wear ANYTHING ed hardy-esque in design.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
in case anyone that wears skulls said something about ed hardy, guess who did art work for the leather patch, heh

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boat shoes in the winter. I can't wrap my head around the cats who do, just ridiculous.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I thought pg was a cokezero guy, not diet coke.

I wouldn't say never to most all of these things. Even crocs.

I can say i will never wear some of those absolutely hideous suits worn in MC like the muted colors with thick plaid/check or whatever it is. Yfyf and pg have a few decent patterned suits but most of the ones shown off in MC make me want to vomit. Someone posted in recent purchases the other day some armani suit he got at filenes or something bragging about the retail price and that's the kind i'm talking about. So gross

+1

Most of the suits and jacket/pants combos on MC are absolutely hideous. As is their never ending creaming over each other's outfits

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for some people, it's the preppy look they want to veer away from
for others, it's because they're everywhere

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

I didnt know drop crotch pants were on the radar of so many people of stuff they'd never wear. they're awful but they didnt even exist in any form of conscious thought for me. until now. and it wont leave.

Me neither. 'Til now...

Originally Posted by aeglus
in case anyone that wears skulls said something about ed hardy, guess who did art work for the leather patch, heh

ooops.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweater vests.
Suit vests worn casually.
Jean shorts.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
newsboy caps

And it's a shame really. A classic, which I can pull off. Been wearing them for years, but take no credit for them becoming the hipster grease-sponge they've turned into.

Then again, I do take full credit for inventing cargo shorts when I was a bike messenger and cutoff fatigues were incredibly handy. I'm still waiting for a royalty check from Gap.

Please. No hate. It was a good idea at the time.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a very thin line between a nice suit/sportcoat pattern and a boring, nordstrom-y one.

-club/emblem ties
-ascots
-suspenders
-tech-y boots
-monk straps
-trail shoes (you know, like north face sneakers or montrail or whatever)
-Birkenstocks
-bracelets/jewelry
-anything drapey/slinky/sheer--generally things that "play with proportion"--definitely a "can't wear" for me
-long board shorts

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
-Birkenstocks
-

boxing[1].gif

Wearing my leather Bostons at the office today (as indoor shoes with socks), sure beats sweating with red wings on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads