• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I would never wear.....

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Ok. I'll call you during the week. There will be free booze.

Sounds awesome :p How come ur never on aim anymore?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those hardcore raw leather accessories from Red Moon and similar companies like the wallets, braided wallet chains, coin pouches, etc. Reminds me of George Costanza's wallet.

The bracelets and belts I'd prob wear though.

Other than that, I'd wear a lot of items represented on SF.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I thought pg was a cokezero guy, not diet coke.

I wouldn't say never to most all of these things. Even crocs.

I can say i will never wear some of those absolutely hideous suits worn in MC like the muted colors with thick plaid/check or whatever it is. Yfyf and pg have a few decent patterned suits but most of the ones shown off in MC make me want to vomit. Someone posted in recent purchases the other day some armani suit he got at filenes or something bragging about the retail price and that's the kind i'm talking about. So gross

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm with him. Cokezero is the best of the cola flavored drinks. Vanilla coke zero is hard for me to find but oh so glorious. Lately i've been buying this brand from star market called "waist watchers" and their diet rootbeer and diet vanilla cream flavors are pretty good.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call on metallic and patent shoes, I always consider them some of the most hidieous shoe finishes.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Maybe I should make a post called "What can't you wear" and 75% of you guys can move your lists there.
lol8[1].gif

I have to confess I'd probably consider wearing anything (at least the stuff that's been posted on SF) as most of it is in some way or other wearable. However, there are a lot of things I couldn't wear, either because of my age or body type.

Uncontrol's wardrobe- Been there and done that all throughout the eighties, maybe with a little less liner but definitely as much velvet.
Drop crotch pants - too old. I'd look like gramps had an accident.
Cowboy hats - I just don't have the head for them.
Puffy vests - I look like I need help staying afloat.
Bowties - I'm just not cool enough to pull it off and not look like I've come to balance your books.

I'm on the fence about the drapey stuff. I think I could pull off the art curator/ gallery owner look as long as they don't ask me questions about the value of a light bulb in a frame.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'm with him. Cokezero is the best of the cola flavored drinks. Vanilla coke zero is hard for me to find but oh so glorious. Lately i've been buying this brand from star market called "waist watchers" and their diet rootbeer and diet vanilla cream flavors are pretty good.

That sounds interesting, but I don't know if someone our sizes should be buying stuff names waist watchers :p Or maybe it actually is appropriate. I've been on a Diet Lipton Green Tea (with Citrus) kick for the last ~5 or so months.

Piroshky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by billsayers
I guess "dumb" is a bit of an overstatement but I never understood the point of it.

It obviously has to be cold when you are wearing a down vest but doesn't that leave your arms cold?

Well, in a way yes, but it's incredibly light, and that leaves your arms free to move around and throw snowballs and drink hot chocolate unrestricted. AND it really is all about keeping your core/neck/head warm, so when those are warm and your arms are cold, you don't really notice your arms being all that cold.

word

Reaction score
Aside from obvious things like crocs, tattoo-art shirts, etc.

sweatshirts/sweatpants
military style shirts with shoulder straps
shirts with gingham checks that aren't a shade of blue (with the exception of faded dark green, maybe red but I've never owned one in red)
jeans with pipe legs or painted on legs
pastel color shirts
buffalo check anything
work boots
white socks
3.5" ties, too fat for me, also super skinny ties

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads