• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I would never wear.....

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by the sounds of some of your lists I'm curious to see what you do wear consistently.

but anyways here are my nevers:
Barker Blacks, Augusta boots, Air Jordans, watches that show the gears on the front, 100% polyester anything (unless it is a pair of adidas/gym track pants).... it's late, can't really think of much else right now... will add to this small list later on I'm sure.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I have worn a lot of the things mentioned in this thread.

I would never wear....
- a luxury watch [unless I receive it as a gift; so almost never]
- a braided belt
- a beaded bracelet/jewelry aside from my wedding ring
- pleated trousers
- common projects/luxury sneakers

i am sure there are others, but really my tastes have changed so dramatically in the past 5 years i hate to put very many limits on my wardrobe. I'd never have thought i'd wear boatshoes, but i saw them done well, same with 100+ dollar denim, and skinny suits, etc etc.

__CB__

Reaction score
Patagonia-style fleece sweaters
Sunglasses with bright colored lenses
Sheer / see-through clothes
Ring boots
Tassle loafers

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
With the caveat that you should never say never, but: 1. Boat shoes, pleated khakis, essentially anything obviously "preppy". I overdosed on that between grade 6 and 8, and have not touched it since. 2. Anything that has touched Ghulkan's body. I mean, maybe he is a cool dude, but really. 3. Cowboy boots. Cowboy hat. I just can't pull it off. 4. Jorts (Full disclosure: I had a pair in grade 7. They seemed stylish and practical at the time.) 5. Teva style sandals - they are useless, ugly, and stink like death. (Full disclosure: I had a pair, and wore them with my Jorts). 6. Vest worn casually - about 1/1000 people can pull it off and look good. It's not me, and chances are, it's not you. 7. Sheer anything - it's a no win situation. If you are not in perfect shape, you just look stupid. If you are, you're just a douche 8. Wifebeaters - see 7. 9. A Patek Phillipe (obviously, I would totally. But I just want someone to take this as a challenge and send me one.) 10. A beard - Again, I've tried. But instead of looking like a cool Chinese warrior, I looked sorta like the rat faced foil in Kung Fu movies who spends the entire time getting his ass kicked. Not a good look. For anyone who put down "bootcuts", I call bullshit unless you are over 40, 35 if you are a young fogey.
Hold on there Cowboy, wife beaters are a staple of my Russian gangster meets hillbilly-rocker steez. On topic, I don't believe I'll ever wear: pastel polos yellow a hoodie under a tee shirt fake diamonds drop crotch pants a straw boater

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
On topic, I don't believe I'll ever wear: pastel polos yellow a hoodie under a tee shirt fake diamonds drop crotch pants a straw boater
Waa? I don't think I've seen this done, but I imagine it looking absolutely atrocious.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
That said, I'll never drink...

- Diet Coke and Jack

LIAR!

What are you up to Sat night? I got something downtown if yer interested.
Originally Posted by robbie
I would never wear....
- common projects/luxury sneakers

...my tastes have changed so dramatically in the past 5 years i hate to put very many limits on my wardrobe.

I never thought I'd wear CP, either, until I realized that it's apparently ******* impossible for a cheap sneaker company to come out with something that isn't overdesigned. CP is so damn simple and clean. I wouldn't mind wearing a diffusion or copycat brand that used cheaper materials; hell, I wouldn't mind creating such a company, I'd probably make millions.

That said, I found my pair on deep discount and have no complaints about taking the plunge. I just wish people didn't have to pay a premium on something that doesn't look like ******* speedcats.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
LIAR!

I never thought I'd wear CP, either, until I realized that it's apparently ******* impossible for a cheap sneaker company to come out with something that isn't overdesigned. CP is so damn simple and clean. I wouldn't mind wearing a diffusion or copycat brand that used cheaper materials; hell, I wouldn't mind creating such a company, I'd probably make millions.

That said, I found my pair on deep discount and have no complaints about taking the plunge. I just wish people didn't have to pay a premium on something that doesn't look like ******* speedcats.

I like my poorman CPs, adidas Rod Lavers Tournament Edition. Still has one small bit of ugly green on the back but otherwise I like them a bunch. Definitely wish that normal, plain sneakers weren't rare though.

15k0lh.jpg

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
LIAR!

Jerk :p I don't know about night time, I am busy during the evening though. Depends if I'm too drunk to drive there or if my friend plans something that day for his bday.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
I would never wear a shawl neck sweater. Tried one on and it felt like I was being swallowed by a giant ******.

No need to fear Amazonian *****.
Whats with the hate for drop crotch, until I see how dumb it looks on me I can't say wether or not I'll ever actually wear it well. And to answer the question anything kiton post.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
No need to fear Amazonian *****.
Whats with the hate for drop crotch, until I see how dumb it looks on me I can't say wether or not I'll ever actually wear it well. And to answer the question anything kiton post.

You ever seen someone look genuinely good in drop crotch pants?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I like my poorman CPs, adidas Rod Lavers Tournament Edition. Still has one small bit of ugly green on the back but otherwise I like them a bunch. Definitely wish that normal, plain sneakers weren't rare though.
Yeah, those tend to be considered the closest runners-up around here but still...
Originally Posted by PG2G
Jerk :p I don't know about night time, I am busy during the evening though. Depends if I'm too drunk to drive there or if my friend plans something that day for his bday.
Ok. I'll call you during the week. There will be free booze.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads