• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not big on either campaign, not meant to be an insult, it's just that MP is THE reason why I have the game, an xbox 360, and xbox live account (well, not at the moment...).

What does everyone think of the new weapons/perks/attachments/maps so far?

-Haven't gotten too far with weapons, the auto-assault rifles are just autos, but the single shot looks very promising. Haven't unlocked it yet but picked it up.

-Machine pistols are awesome. In comparison, I'm not sure if I like SMGs as much anymore because for a primary weapon I really need the range and the beginnning SMGs are really lacking there.

-But mostly because there's so many people sniping now. They definitely made sniper a much more powerful class with all the scramblers, and bling attachments on .50 cals, silencers, it's crazy. Need to work on my assault skills first before I decide to try sniping again.

-Maps are interesting. A lot I hate, because as always new maps take getting used. The upped complexity is something I really wanted after the first game but now it means that a lot more other people can abuse the map as much as I do. A lot of online players are a lot better, but as more time passes it seems like shittier casual gamers are playing online now too. One minor annoyance with the maps is that they're great for climbing up and down various altitudes, but sometimes something that looks like you *should* be able to climb you can't for no reason. IW should make it more obvious what areas you can access and what areas you can't, or at least make it so I'm not going to try to waste my time doing a sprint jump grab into a window that I can't do that.

-Perks are cool. Deathstreaks are meh. Love Marathon, unlimited sprinting is awesome.

-Killstreaks are ******* AWESOME. Stole a car package from the enemy, got to pilot the AC and seriously spent the next few minutes bombing the **** out of the map. Just little red moving squares, explosions, and a lot of points for me. Predator missile is too fun, but I hit a guy with painkiller with one and he LIVED. Damn.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beating this game on Veteran is surprisingly easy.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one of you guys is this??

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh. My. God.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Which one of you guys is this??

frown.gif
..my knuckles still hurt

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I didn't know you had an accent.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how you guys doing in multiplayer?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still learning the maps. They're similar to old maps, which makes learning them much harder IMO. The new maps have echoes of old maps. Estate = Downpour, half of another map looks like CounterStrike's cs_office, another map (with trenches and tons of foliage) plays like Overgrown, Rust = Shipment with more cover (even has the empty containers), etc. The trick, as in MW1, is to pick the right loadout for the map. That's tough when you're 13 and have nothing unlocked.
frown.gif
Saw a dude running around with Commando, Marathon, and Lightweight (all Pro) and a Tactical Knife. He was just knifing everyone, went like 30-10 twice. It's a sick build, really.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Still learning the maps. They're similar to old maps, which makes learning them much harder IMO.

The new maps have echoes of old maps. Estate = Downpour, half of another map looks like CounterStrike's cs_office, another map (with trenches and tons of foliage) plays like Overgrown, Rust = Shipment with more cover (even has the empty containers), etc.

The trick, as in MW1, is to pick the right loadout for the map. That's tough when you're 13 and have nothing unlocked.
frown.gif

Saw a dude running around with Commando, Marathon, and Lightweight (all Pro) and a Tactical Knife. He was just knifing everyone, went like 30-10 twice. It's a sick build, really.

I am really liking the AK47+red dot+launcher + stopping power+bling+scrambler as my main build.

I find that heart beat monitor absolutely useless. The radar suits me just fine.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far I have been using for hardcore: Scar-H -Bling: Silencer+heartbeat monitor, cold blooded, and ninja.

For regular game modes I use that same class but with stopping power and steady aim.

The Riot shield is awesome btw.

Originally Posted by breakz
Still learning the maps. They're similar to old maps, which makes learning them much harder IMO.

The new maps have echoes of old maps. Estate = Downpour, half of another map looks like CounterStrike's cs_office, another map (with trenches and tons of foliage) plays like Overgrown, Rust = Shipment with more cover (even has the empty containers), etc.

The trick, as in MW1, is to pick the right loadout for the map. That's tough when you're 13 and have nothing unlocked.
frown.gif

That's ridiculous. Were people not able to shoot him?

Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
I am really liking the AK47+red dot+launcher + stopping power+bling+scrambler as my main build.

I find that heart beat monitor absolutely useless. The radar suits me just fine.

I use the heartbeat monitor when I play hardcore. It really helps. I guess you have been playing a lot if you are a level 70 already....

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
So far I have been using for hardcore: Scar-H -Bling: Silencer+heartbeat monitor, cold blooded, and ninja.

For regular game modes I use that same class but with stopping power and steady aim.

The Riot shield is awesome btw.

I use the heartbeat monitor when I play hardcore. It really helps. I guess you have been playing a lot if you are a level 70 already....

Student + No Job = CoD.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5

He's a hard shot b/c he moves so fast. And I dunno if you've seen Commando Pro but once he's within 6-8 feet you're done.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jonhnny_5 and I have a good little team with moneytwenty but I dont know his Sf name.

my id is "denimbar" I need to get that changed...lol
anyone want to play and has xbox 360 look us up but are group only plays hardcore teamdeath match.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy

I felt the same way about the HBM at first but then it sort of ended up working out as a constant proximity UAV and the range on it isn't bad, I'd usually get the catch on people and it's much easier with scrambler on (dunno' how I feel about it yet, still just trying everything out). It's pretty easy to pop people before they even see you with this, even better if you bling it up with a silencer. Apparently a lot of "pros" go with m16/silencer/HBM/carepackage/emergencydrop/AC which I can understand but for me carepackage ended up being more of a hassle than a real advantage (woohoo, UAVs and ammo).

Haven't even gotten the AK yet, still waiting on a good solid automatic. Been using the TAR and SCAR so far and still need to unlock AK and the two before it, hopefully one of those are good.

Hate Wasteland, the one with the trenches. ******* terrible map, can't stand it. The maps seem to polarize me a lot more than they did in MW1, maybe it's cause I'm still adjusting to the maps but sometimes they just tend to really frustrate me.

Stealth Bomber is AWESOME when used in the right context.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads