• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I would never wear.....

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Wallabees
-Aviators
-Sweat pants
-Denim Jacket
-Fitted caps

It's actually really hard to think of things that you would never wear if circumstances dictated. I'd wear boat shoes on a boat. I'd wear sports themed clothing under exceptional circumstances (family member wins tickets to stanley cup or something.) And there are tons of items that don't need to be mentioned, like crocs or camo.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of hate for boat shoes. What shoes would you wear if you are actually on a boat?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
-sandals/ff's
-cargo shorts/pants
-designer workwear
-drop crotch
-silly ninjawear
-most stuff made in china (with exception of uniqlo socks)

sartre864

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
So you plan on never going to the beach?

I actually wear Jack Purcell sneakers to the beach... quite a douchey move, I'll admit.

Originally Posted by Listi
Wallabees

If it weren't for Wallabees and Top Siders, I have no idea what kind of footwear I'd choose on a daily basis.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartre864
If it weren't for Wallabees and Top Siders, I have no idea what kind of footwear I'd choose on a daily basis.

I can't deal with stitched up toes, I'd make an exception for boat shoes if I was on a boat. If it was a sailboat I'd wear white shorts and a pink polo as well.

TheDroog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Wow, a lot of hate for boat shoes. What shoes would you wear if you are actually on a boat?

I was thinking style-wise rather than specific purpose-wise. I have nothing against boat shoes, I just wouldn't ever choose to wear them for walking around and stuff.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

does one have to wear "boat shoes" on a boat? you can't just wear sneakers?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lonely-island-t-pain-boat.jpg

TheDroog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
-cargo shorts/pants

I used to think this too, but I recently bought a nice pair from Polo. Slim fit, with pleated cargo pockets that lay flat against the pants when there's nothing in them. Lighter and more comfortable than jeans, they're my go-to weekend pants now.

reprehensible

Reaction score
"Never" is tough.

- Sandals
- Tank tops (or other sleeveless shirts) as anything other than underwear
- Puffy vests

There's a much larger list of things I can't really imagine wearing, but don't completely hate and might be wrong about in the future (boat shoes, vests of any sort, traditional cardigans, etc).

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
I would never wear... Lingerie.

Add enough alcohol, 2 frisky hot babes and some privacy and that'll change.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confident enough to say that these will never have a place in my wardrobe:

1. velvet
2. shoes with big soles
3. anything made with exotic hides, like ostrich (unless it's an alligator belt)
4. an affliction shirt
5. flare jeans
6. cowboy hats
7. those big prada/gucci/chanel sunglasses
8. wide collar shirts
9. gym monkey drop crotch pants
10. expensive EG, John Lobb, or Berlutti, etc. shoes at retail - even if I had the money, there are too many nice $400 shoes to be spending $2000
11. art deco watches
12. from what I've seen, anything worn by Socal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics