• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There are a lot of under the radar designers who get lots of play on superfashion and evenhere so I'm surprised you'd say anything about status. It is distinctive enough and has been around for a long time, if you consider the whole line it is far better than what most kids on sufu are wearing. I'd put it on the same level as dries as a good entry into good design.

Edit- looks like they don't have xs in kelvins cardi

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yeah I e-mailed ervell and they said OC ordered an XS in the navy. So hopefully it's still there

do you really think I'd fit in the S? it's probably cheaper if i order through tb

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XS would be too short on the body. What kind of fit are you looking for? ervell's cardigan shoulder is wide, it drops off on your shoulder. His sleeve is a bit big and the body is short.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks mellow, i'll know for sure once I try it on.(If I indeed am an S i'll probably wait for sales) I think we are about the same height. i am starting to love tres bien. great designers, great prices, fast shipping. about SS: you can't expect everyone else to be on the ball like you jet.
wink.gif

mikey34

Reaction score
just got my junya hunting vest in earlier today, pretty sick.

coretic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
^ yeah I e-mailed ervell and they said OC ordered an XS in the navy. So hopefully it's still there

do you really think I'd fit in the S? it's probably cheaper if i order through tb

OC got their Ervell knitwear in probably a month ago , so theres a strong chance it might be gone.

Damn,whats with all the retailers snubbing the red/navy/yellow fair isle sweater over the green/blue one ?

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the SNS naval. Might grab the stark too if I like the naval.

So stoked right now, waiting for it to arrive. I can't decide if it's the best or worst part of buying clothes online. A little bit of both I think.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Quite happy with the SNS naval. Perfect length for taller dudes (I'm 6'5"). The sizing is definitely slim. With most stuff I'm a medium, but large was a good fit in this. Decent quality wool, pretty smooth and not itchy at all.

Two small quibbles: The sleeves are a bit big (at least compared to the body), but it isn't really noticeable. The neck is also a bit weird. It's very wide, but at the same time shallow, so it can be somewhat uncomfortable on the front of the neck if I don't pull it forward every once in a while.

Delivery from Tres Bien was superfast (3 days), even for the short distance from Sweden to Norway.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From twitter.com/TresBienShop:

Let's do it. The shipping is now FREE. The rest of the month and all over the globe.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
As am I, it's just funny how it takes everyone awhile to adjust to things like sheep once they gain acceptance. I guess that's to be expected when you live in the middle of nowhere with no access to stuff. I bet in a year everyone is going to start carrying margaret howell too lol.

First piece I bought was 2 years ago after seeing them myself first hand and just now everyone is on the jock.

PS. Nobody really buys schneider well.

There aren't that many things I'd wear and I've seen full seasons (at Stephen Schneider shop in Antwerp). He's really good though and I might get some grey pants.

dron10

Reaction score
I want to get this SNS Herning sweater (http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/s...eck-purple.php) and I'm not sure what size to get. I'm 6'1, 160lbs with a 36 inch chest. I'm not sure if I should go with a medium or a large. I emailed Tres Bien and they recommended a large but if a large fits obiter dictum who is 6'5 I have a feeling it's going to be huge. Should I get a medium?

obiter dictum

Reaction score
The large is slightly roomy for my 38-39" chest, so I'd definitely go for a medium if I had a 36" chest. However I don't know if the two styles fit the same.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obiter, did you get hit by customs fees when you bough from there?

obiter dictum

Reaction score
No, but I would expect to be. I guess customs didn't look too closely at the package.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads