• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I'm saying that the first 4 times he won, he was a role player (albeit a good one), and Shaq was the dominator.

Last year he was a ball hog as always and his teammates had to snatch it from him and luckily he won another title.

He still looks like an ant and the lakers will still get swept by the Spurs.

tinfoil.gif

I don't know if English is your first language, but your statement of "KoMe has only won with Shaq" still makes no sense at all.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys see Dwade drop it on the Nets with .1 seconds left ? Perfection..

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigasahouse
I don't know if English is your first language, but your statement of "KoMe has only won with Shaq" still makes no sense at all.

Damn...I hate having to explain things to you LakuhLadeez...

1st 4 championships WITH Shaq. Shaq= DA MAN. Kobe= Da Petulant boy.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve, Shaq won 3 titles with the Lakers. Not 4. Making that mistake again and again, in and of itself, should disqualifying you from trashtalking your former favorite team (that you, in all likelihood, would have still been all over had you not moved to this barren of a city we live in
smile.gif
)

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Steve, Shaq won 3 titles with the Lakers. Not 4. Making that mistake again and again, in and of itself, should disqualifying you from trashtalking your former favorite team (that you, in all likelihood, would have still been all over had you not moved to this barren of a city we live in
smile.gif
)

Actually what did it for me was Kobe tanking in the finals with Detroit to get Shaq out of town. But we've been down this road before.

On the 3 vs. 4 I guess I stand corrected. I still have the pics with the toenails by the way.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on now, this is the NBA Season Thread, not the Lakers/Kobe hate thread.
laugh.gif

We shouldn't blame the Lakers just because they'll repeat.

Anyways onto NBA news, Stephen Jackson was just traded to the Bobcats. A huge trade considering the Warriors almost imploded with him and Nelson. Actually, Nelson is hated by most his players and said he might step down as head coach this week so we'll have to see if it still happens even with Captain Jack out.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
actually all the obsessive laker hate talk is just added attention to the lakers. i consider it flattery actually and dont mind it. whenever there is nba talk there always will be laker and kobe hate talk. where ever you go. because they 'suck'? because he's 'arrogant'? well, same things can be said for a dime a dozen teams and players out there but why is it always lakers and kobe? i take it as a compliment.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
actually all the obsessive laker hate talk is just added attention to the lakers. i consider it flattery actually and dont mind it. whenever there is nba talk there always will be laker and kobe hate talk. where ever you go. because they 'suck'? because he's 'arrogant'? well, same things can be said for a dime a dozen teams and players out there but why is it always lakers and kobe? i take it as a compliment.

lakuhladeez

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jameer Nelson out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Good thing they got Jason Williams, now they don't have to rely on Anthony Johnson or scrounge up a quick PG option.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Jameer Nelson out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Good thing they got Jason Williams, now they don't have to rely on Anthony Johnson or scrounge up a quick PG option.

Yipee. Think I have him in our league. I wish that big ***** Pau would play already.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMO, this makes trading away rafer alston all the more nonsensical. Vince is past his prime and it can be said rafer was responsible for their run last year. I have nothing against JW, but rafer is better...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ plus, having Skip to my lou, VC, and Dwight on the same court would make the Magic look like a NBA Jam dream team.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Alston is too temperamental, of course Van Gundy had something to do with it by sitting him for Nelson but getting rid of Alston is a good move. If Nelson didn't get hurt, they would have heard a year long complaint from Alston. With Jason Williams, they know who they got and Williams know he is coming off the bench. He still got it and watch and see, the Magic will finally have a passing PG for once. He'll be able to knock 2-3 three's a game too.

I really suggest you guys watch Alston take over Devin Harris in New Jersey, dude just keeps chucking up shots like he's Kobe (that ones for you Steve). Alston doesn't distribute the ball well, in 6-7 games as a starter, his one highlight was a triple double and there really wasn't anything else to brag about before or after that.

Carter maybe old and he won't be jumping over anyone but he is surprisingly good still. He fits in with Magic 3-point shooters well and can still score.

Plus you guys are talking as if Alston is an exciting player, he isn't doing And 1 anymore, you won't see him break anyone ankle and then throwing behind the back lobs for a thunderous dunks to Dwight or Carter. Jason Williams was a lot more entertaining than Alston ever was in the NBA. Check out his highlights, white chocolate will have you scratching your head in awe. The only downside to him is that he is also injury prone, hopefully he stays healthy for the Magic while Nelson is out.

Overall, if I were to pick a back-up PG, Williams > Alston any day, unless of course it is street ball then Alston may have the edge.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Alston is too temperamental, of course Van Gundy had something to do with it by sitting him for Nelson but getting rid of Alston is a good move. If Nelson didn't get hurt, they would have heard a year long complaint from Alston. With Jason Williams, they know who they got and Williams know he is coming off the bench. He still got it and watch and see, the Magic will finally have a passing PG for once. He'll be able to knock 2-3 three's a game too. I really suggest you guys watch Alston take over Devin Harris in New Jersey, dude just keeps chucking up shots like he's Kobe (that ones for you Steve). Alston doesn't distribute the ball well, in 6-7 games as a starter, his one highlight was a triple double and there really wasn't anything else to brag about before or after that. Carter maybe old and he won't be jumping over anyone but he is surprisingly good still. He fits in with Magic 3-point shooters well and can still score. Plus you guys are talking as if Alston is an exciting player, he isn't doing And 1 anymore, you won't see him break anyone ankle and then throwing behind the back lobs for a thunderous dunks to Dwight or Carter. Jason Williams was a lot more entertaining than Alston ever was in the NBA. Check out his highlights, white chocolate will have you scratching your head in awe. The only downside to him is that he is also injury prone, hopefully he stays healthy for the Magic while Nelson is out. Overall, if I were to pick a back-up PG, Williams > Alston any day, unless of course it is street ball then Alston may have the edge.
You have to ask yourself this simple question: Without Rafer last year, would the Magic have gone as far as they did ? It's not And 1 anymore, I know that, NBA scouts know that and Rafer certainly knows that. Although his age is working towards his detriment, Rafer is becoming a smarter NBA player year over year. Sure, there are still remnants of street baller in him, but that aspect of his game will never leave him. It's integrating the street ball athleticism into the structured NBA style that makes him a quality player. He makes some erratic shot choices and his knowledge of the NBA game and the PG is certainly a bit questionable at times, but we can list a few players who fit that bill. The role of each player on a given team is governed by the Head Coach. This isn't college ball , where 1 player starts chucking 3's just because he is their best player (read: Stephen Curry). The HC defines the roles and asserts the overall game plan. Period. The Nets need a lot better management, because they shouldn't be winless. And if Devon gets outshined by Rafer taking 45 FG's per game, blame the HC not Rafer. He is just playing to win.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads