• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

abercrombie & fitch shirts - why the hate?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/01/24/jeffries/

story.jpg

this pic does not END thread? i'm confused.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini

But there's a middle ground here. People wear Uniqlo with EG, BR with RRL, Converse with Dior, Kill City with Rokara (i keed, rye.) It isn't a coincidence that the people who seem to get the mix right tend to not make the less expensive brand the centerpiece of their fit.

I agree with this. I highly doubt if people bought these button ups they would be trying to show them off as a big centerpiece like they just spent $250 on an Ironheart flannel. I think most out fits look good if they have a mix of brands with similar aesthetic. A basic, good-fitting flannel under a cardigan or jacket looks the same whether its 40 bucks or $250 bucks.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are people so desperate to find A&F "acceptable?"

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hypecycle.png
sfcurve.gif
I would say we are in the slope of enlightenment or the backlash to the backlash portion of the above graphs. Now we need a Pac Sun, American Eagle, Sears, Steve & Barry's, and maybe an Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier thread.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The name of the brand influences what peoples buy and styleforum isn't an exception.

I think the question is do you really want to support a company that has had issues over discriminatory practices against minorities, the autistic, uses disreputable manufacturing, targets ignorant kids with too much money, and is associated with pure dochebaggery from its ceo to its average customer?

Slim plaid and flannel shirts are honestly dime a dozen especially nowadays. What's more important is a company whose product you can trust. Who gives a **** how the shirts fit? Who gives a **** if quality is not absolute mud?

Darryl M R

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
hypecycle.png

sfcurve.gif

I would say we are in the slope of enlightenment or the backlash to the backlash portion of the above graphs.

Now we need a Pac Sun, American Eagle, Sears, Steve & Barry's, and maybe an Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier thread.

Pac Sun is horrible. AE is decent. Sears is decent. Never went to SB. Ed Hardy is unacceptable.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Can we have a budget subforum? I think it's fine that people want to know how to look passable on the cheap but it'd be cool if it didn't intrude on more interesting threads. This abercrombie thread got to 5 pages in 12 hours and I bet the junya thread is buried on forum page 12. I'm on no high horse I work on sub-shoestring budget (literally been putting off spending what little money i do have for new laces for my ebayed redwings lol) but man I don't see what's interesting about it to talk about this **** as much as people do. The people on the budget style level would do much better to look at runway shows and make shabby edits out of what they see using the mall budget as opposed to actually reading the mall brand threads.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Can we have a budget subforum? I think it's fine that people want to know how to look passable on the cheap but it'd be cool if it didn't intrude on more interesting threads. This abercrombie thread got to 5 pages in 12 hours and I bet the junya thread is buried on forum page 12.
We have a Junya thread?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I'd wear their oxford shirts if I could find a way to get the logo off them. I have long arms and like slimmer cuts so they fit really well.
18550_01_900_x.jpg
18142_08_900_x.jpg

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Those oxfords do have a pleasing taper. I have to laugh at the presentation of their shirts, though; unbuttoned collar, two buttons undone on the top. And all the damn sleeves are rolled up. Every last one! How am I supposed to know if it's a french cuff or not?

edit: Knits do look cool as well. They're cotton, right?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wool/acrylic/nylon blend... they use to be all wool, so cost cutting i guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads