• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
07 Stefania Eagle Point Syrah with dinner.

2005 El Dorado Callaghan. 50/50 Tempranillo/Petite Syrah meh

Now, a few cocktails.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plan to open a fresh bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old and get sloppy drunk in the hot tub whilst smoking mucho cigaros.. Don't expect posts before noon tomorrow..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Plan to open a fresh bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old and get sloppy drunk in the hot tub whilst smoking mucho cigaros.. Don't expect posts before noon tomorrow..

Noice!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking what I was told is moonshine, has particles floating in it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Drinking what I was told is moonshine, has particles floating in it.

Buffalo Trace sells something called White Dog, essentially moonshine, albeit, the legal kind.

I don't believe it comes with particles included though, so you may need to add those after opening..

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Coffee for Saturday morning at the office. Basically the remnants of Columbian beans and some Moka Java blend, brewed strong. In a bit of holiday heresy, I added this peppermint mocha creamer, to give it that festive kick. Cause I'm all about festive when it's early Saturday at the office.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now: Anchor Steam Christmas Ale - Pretty hoppy with a little sweetness, spice and a lot of oranges on the finish, great beer.

This weekend at various events/occasions I had the opportunity to sample a lot of mid-priced scotches and bourbons. They were:

Tomatin 12, 18 - The 12, blah. The 18, very nice! A little smoke, a lot of fruit, some floral notes and a rather long finish despite the partly 40% abv.

Balvenie 10 (Founders Reserve), 15 Single Barrel - 10, sweet and not much else. Too smooth for me, not much going on. 15, much less sweet, but still a lot of vanilla. Had some almost rummy qualities. Very different from the bottle I bought last year. This one tastes like the barrel that it was in was very active and imparted a lot of flavor, the one I had tasted more like the 10.

Glenrothes 1994 - The bottle says citrus notes and its not kidding. Delicious oranges, lemons and a little spice on both the nose and palette. I could drink this all day. My favorite of the weekend.

Woodford Reserve - I'm happy I don't own this one. Too sweet, do not like.

Elijah Craig 12, 18 - The 18 tasted like it was a bad bottle. Way to woody. I've had this bourbon many times before and it was more balanced. The 12 on the other hand is a great bang-for-your-buck bottle. Its spicy and woody with just a touch of caramel to round it out.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been really enjoying basic, classic cocktails lately. Today is a martini day:

Fill a cocktail glass with ice
Add some dry vermouth
Swirl it around for a few seconds
Pour it out
Place an olive in the glass
Add desired amount of gin without measuring.

I am using Martini&Rossi extra dry and Martin Miller Westbourne Strength.

Easy. Delicious. Classic.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bulleit bourbon.

First time trying this one, it's pretty good, especially for the price.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laphroaig 10, not as much of a punch as the CS. Still a favorite though.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Guinness Anniversary Stout. May have to stock up on this one.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zacapa 23, rock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads