• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
The 25% off also gives you free shipping...an oxford comes out to only $23.50 shipped!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 42.5" for SMALL OCBD? Seriously?

That'd be a full 10" of extra fabric around my chest. How do people wear this stuff ???

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That can't be right.

a-rock

Reaction score
Not sure if Sears LE is carrying them yet but you can return to almost any Sears. Makes the online option a bit more risk free.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a rugby shirt. 25% off with the code and free shipping.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
That can't be right.

Could be... It does seem rather odd that they'd measure that huge when them and the GQ article talk about the stuff as "fitted."

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, great coupon thanks for sharing that. I'm glad I held off ordering.

Now, to decide if I wan't the MacNeils or not. $243.75 is a pretty good price but I know the black is corrected grain leather...not sure about the new brown ones though. I saw the new brown color at the outlet store a few weeks ago and it looked pretty good but I didn't look too closely as they didn't have my size.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
At 42.5" for SMALL OCBD? Seriously?

That'd be a full 10" of extra fabric around my chest. How do people wear this stuff ???

If you have a 32" chest, I'm not surprised that to learn you'd swim in an Adult small.

shadrach

Reaction score
the items only look marginally good on the models, which most likely means it will look like **** on us.

relax99

Reaction score
I emailed cs and asked about the sizing and leg opening measurements:

"The Heritage Chino leg opening varies but runs between 17" - 18" depending on the waist size of the pant. If you would like to contact us again with your waist size we could get a more specific measurement for you. As for your shirt size, the Size Small should work well for you."

I told them I had a 38 inch chest

blynch

Reaction score
Ordered a few shirts, trying small mainly, but tossed in one medium(in case they are actually slim fitting).

Hopefully this is more successfull than my recent american eagle cheapo shoe buy, which resulted in returning all items.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
If you have a 32" chest, I'm not surprised that to learn you'd swim in an Adult small.
Sure, but isn't ~39" chest standard for slim/fitted/tailored/buzzword smalls? Not that i can wear that either, just voicing my shock.

a-rock

Reaction score
For Jcrew my 39" chest fits their S fine. Generally a trim cut is considered about 2" to 4" of allowance. So a 42.5" chest on slim S sounds about right. A bit on more allowance but definitely not tent-like.

32" chest is ridiculously small considering most slim people have chest measurements close to or a few inches larger than shoulders. A 32" chest implies you'd be wearing a 30 suit??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads