• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw the Spike Jones (spelling?) commercial. What the hell is the new Gap?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is the skinny fit not available on the website ?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any new coupons??
i see some black authentics i want....

also does the authentic dark rinse end up being stiff? (aka fade well?) and is that diff from the raw?

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
these are the authentics... and the gap chambray.
fittt.jpg

My Gap didn't have the authentics, only the skinny which fit well but the rise is too low for my tastes. Whats the rise on the authentics? (30/30)

Also I didn't like how low the back pockets were located. Other than that these have a great fit and seem like they would last a long time for $88.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
any new coupons??
i see some black authentics i want....

also does the authentic dark rinse end up being stiff? (aka fade well?) and is that diff from the raw?

FORYOU = 20% off on web site till end of day today I believe

I had the rinse and didnt like them. Not stiff enuff and didnt like the color. Go for the RAW. Much better.

bossman08

Reaction score
Too bad they don't sell the raw(rigid) version online. 20% isn't much, basically gives you free shipping...better than nothing.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz
My Gap didn't have the authentics, only the skinny which fit well but the rise is too low for my tastes. Whats the rise on the authentics? (30/30) Also I didn't like how low the back pockets were located. Other than that these have a great fit and seem like they would last a long time for $88.
mine are 30x32 and i think the rise is around 10-10.5". it's a little more than my 31x32 levi 514. they do have the same low back pockets though.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
I'm going to sell my "Buy 3 get 1 jeans free" card, I realized I probably won't need another pair. Selling it for $44, so basically 50% off on your $88 selvage jeans. Preferably meeting up in NYC and doing the exchange in person.

seany

Reaction score
Just bought the skinny raw selvedge jeans.

I noticed they have a NEW "skinny" type of selvedge/1969 jean.

It's the "destructed 1969 selvedge".

According to one of the employees they just rolled out this month.

constantine.

Reaction score
if anyone is looking for a BNWT pair of the raw skinny in 30x32, pm me.

aguapanela

Reaction score
Have a pair of 32x32 "standard fit" gap selvage in rigid. New with tags (I ended up going with the 31x32). Out of stock in stores and online. Willing to part with for $105 (shipping included). Email me if interested.

a-rock

Reaction score
GAP friends and family is going on right now. Wanted the authentic black but they sold out in my size while I was browsing. Had my size in the shopping bag, decided to poke around the site a bit, and by the time I tried to check out, it was unavail! Bummer...

Picked up a pair of authentic raw selvage and authentic resin rinse. I don't know if this is true or not but from the website pics it looks like this one has white instead of yellow stitching? What exactly is resin rinse anyway?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics