• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
one of the funniest things about SZ/sufu/even this forum is how we divorce economic concerns from fashion discussions

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Can you brief me on what's going on at Sufu so I don't have to dig through a bunch of supertrash threads to figure out what you're talking about? We currently have 6 people modding the forums with 2 running the show, we almost never come to disagreements that can't be compromised and very little moderation needs to be done outside of killing spam. Most everything is quality control and members are generally pretty cool about not mutiny'ing when their favorite troll gets banned. It's working, so far.
smile.gif

The mods are getting all butthurt over people pointing out when people get banned (as if it's some big secret when a user with >1000 posts disappears). Basically they're just on a powertrip and banning anyone who disagrees with them for the sake of disagreeing with them. It would be like Fok banning everyone who hates on his Von Dutch stuff. Got banned for saying "woah woah woah woah, hold the presses, (fl)Orion is banned?" I don't get how the trash would warrant stiff moderation anyway, it's the ******* trash, it exists for bullshit posts so if you ban people for those what the hell is its purpose? Guess I'll start being more active in DT instead lol Also, random thought: Why isn't this one of the stickies? It's one of the most active threads

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the only forum I read on sufu is superdenim, and only a few threads. too many self edge fanboys in head to toe unworn clothing showing off... wear your **** goddamn

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The mods there are pretty dumb. Even the older guys like lowery, jimmyc and others are too sensitive. They'd probably have less problems if they quit drawing so much attention to themselves and just let things fizzle out. Instead they usually ban/lock and do other stuff and make things worse. What did orion do? I thought he was usually a relatively tame poster.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's ******* ridiculous. Hap made a bullshit post in superdenim one day and I called him on it. He basically responded that, as a moderator, it was his job to "challenge to a lot lf the denim nerdery and blind following that goes on." Whatever. And then I had my hand slapped for advertising the workshirt group buy
smile.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's why I was surprised he was banned, I never saw anything bad from him but apparently he pointed out that someone was banned too
lol8[1].gif
A cycle of lulz

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Also, random thought: Why isn't this one of the stickies? It's one of the most active threads

The stickies are for helpful posts, which are useful for non-regulars and noobs as well as the usual crew - stuff like list of shops, "WAYWT", small questions, wardrobe advice, etc...

This is a vibrant discussion thread that is best viewed as part of the body of the forum.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDroog
Did sportfreak get banned? That guy made me laugh.
Apparently it wasn't really him posting, but some other dude that was just reposting his pictures from other forums.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I think PRPS and Spurr source their denim from the same mill

Hmmm... is SPURR using Japanese denim now? I have a pair of the first season jeans, and the denim is from Texas.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
one of the funniest things about SZ/sufu/even this forum is how we divorce economic concerns from fashion discussions

Well we try to do it when discussing our own consumption or the one of others and I'd appreciate if we'd continue doing it that way. On the other hand we can talk about larger issues like the financial shape of a company or where the industry is going.

I don't want to read threads with "baller" "oh so expensive!!" and "I wish I could afford this" every three posts. We're not here to discuss our personal finances, it's a good thing.

TheDroog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Apparently it wasn't really him posting, but some other dude that was just reposting his pictures from other forums.

Seriously?! For the amusement factor alone sportfreak (or whoever was impersonating him) should have been allowed to stay. He was the only reason I visited Sufu.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^That's ******* ridiculous. Hap made a bullshit post in superdenim one day and I called him on it. He basically responded that, as a moderator, it was his job to "challenge to a lot lf the denim nerdery and blind following that goes on." Whatever.

And then I had my hand slapped for advertising the workshirt group buy
smile.gif

I dunno about that case, but I think that the job of the moderators is to make sure that the atmosphere stays friendly. The job of the admins (who are also mods) here is also to keep everything running shipshape.

Our policy is that if a mod gets into a thread and posts, he is just another poster, to a degree. Of course, like a bartender getting into a conversation at a bar, he needs to be respected, regardless of his opinions on any specific issue, because otherwise the place goes to ****, so you are probably not going to get away with calling a moderator and idiot, and if he walks away from the discussion, chasing him down on it is probably going to get you a smack. But certainly, his opinion is not something that can't be challenged.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think you guys do a great job of that here. Up until recently, I didn't really know who the moderators were, and the people who I thought were moderators really weren't.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^I think you guys do a great job of that here. Up until recently, I didn't really know who the moderators were, and the people who I thought were moderators really weren't.
I just moderate forum stupidity. And Fok's love of western apparel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads