• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I don't understand the concept of steel bracelet sport watches in any size under 40mm. It just looks wrong or some sort of children version of a sport watch. A 36-39mm dress watch makes sense to me, a 38mm steel diver, pilot or chrono doesn't. JMO of course.

I'm sure it would look odd on somebody like yourself, and up to this point I generally agree with you. But, what about on a wrist that is just over 5"? A 37mm sports watch doesn't look childish on my wrist, it looks more or less average. It's also for this same reason that I will never own a watch with a good number of complications (and believe me, I'd love to)

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
Thanks for the replies re. the Stowa/IWC comparison. I have another quick question:

Does anyone know the name/model of this Omega?

rx2709s.jpg

please do tell where you've seen it and whether it's for sale
devil.gif

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
please do tell where you've seen it and whether it's for sale
devil.gif

It is a lovely watch, I would be interested in knowing as well, but only so I can say to myself, "damn, I wish I had enough money to buy it."
plain.gif

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ap10046
My 2..the PAM is going and making way for a Sea Dweller Deep Sea!

Holy mother of God, the Sea Dweller is water resistant to 3900m. Do you do much SCUBA diving at the bottom of the Atlantic?

All other merits of the Sea Dweller aside, I can't think of any reason why a watch would need to be water resistant up to 3900m, apart from being a non-functional gimmick. Just my opinion.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Is that a Sarapena (sp?)?

Originally Posted by spertia
Sarpaneva.

Yes it is. Its the Sarpaneva Korona K2 with some modifications that Stepan made for me.

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

A special modification that I requested was to have the Man on the Moon design added to the winding mass. This is in white gold. Stepan has one in rose gold to replace this so it better matches the rose gold movement plating. I am not sure if I should replace it.

standard.jpg

I believe this is the only, if not the very first, K2 specimen with this winding mass.​

erbs

Reaction score
The Omega I posted isn't for sale as far as I know.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El_Enzo
my humble little collection

dscf0780o.jpg

clockwise from top left:

Omega seamaster professional

Vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust

Sinn U1 Automatik

Glycine

LOVE the Sinn U1
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

standard.jpg

One of the most pleasurable watches to photograph.

standard.jpg

Bad pic comparison to a Panerai.

ap10046

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
Holy mother of God, the Sea Dweller is water resistant to 3900m. Do you do much SCUBA diving at the bottom of the Atlantic?

All other merits of the Sea Dweller aside, I can't think of any reason why a watch would need to be water resistant up to 3900m, apart from being a non-functional gimmick. Just my opinion.

Actually I want it because I don't have to worry about it getting "wet"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!
Also, in my opinion, it is just the epitome of what "industrial grade" should look like!

doctorj!

Reaction score
Here is my box of 10. I wear one of these every day.

28cdl5l.jpg

First row:
Cartier wind up mini tank
Cartier automatic Santos
Cartier vintage wind up (not sure the model)
Tiffany Atlas sterling steel
Movado SE with diamonds

Second row:
Versace signature from the early 90's
Versace DV1 Black ceramic automatic
Versace Landmark round
Tiffany Atlas automatic (gorgeous watch) Steel
Seiko from Japan Limited edition rollator. Has three moving discs with seconds, minutes and hours.

AJ

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by doctorj!
Here is my box of 10. I wear one of these every day.

28cdl5l.jpg

First row:
Cartier wind up mini tank
Cartier automatic Santos
Cartier vintage wind up (not sure the model)
Tiffany Atlas sterling steel
Movado SE with diamonds

Second row:
Versace signature from the early 90's
Versace DV1 Black ceramic automatic
Versace Landmark round
Tiffany Atlas automatic (gorgeous watch) Steel
Seiko from Japan Limited edition rollator. Has three moving discs with seconds, minutes and hours.

AJ

I am really not a fan of any of them, to be honest. I think the Movado is especially too flashy.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first ever vintage watch acquisition. It's a bit heavier than I anticipated, but it fits well.
4100488148_3e3bc36e80_o.jpg
(Sorry for the crap photo.) It's a Girard Perregaux Gyromatic. I'm not acquainted with the make and was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about them. Also, I can't figure out how to adjust the date (which is why it says Friday 12th instead of 13th). Anyone know? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads