• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
154, because they'll say Floyd weight drained him if it happens at 147.

How do you see Saturday going?
eh.gif

No clue, which is what makes it an exciting fight. It can go either way, I like both fighters but I may have to lean towards pacman due to the advantage of having roach in his corner. Cotto is bigger, stronger and also quite skilled but there are still lots of questions remaining about whether he is the same fighter after the margarito knockout. Pacquiao is smaller but faster and has been on a huge roll lately... either way the fight fans are the winners here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tycoons hate for Pacman runs deep.
laugh.gif

You can't talk like Money is perfect, dude is all about the money and even though he is a great fighter, maybe the best, he has ducked fighters like Cotto and Mosley as well and dude has no respect for his opponents country and culture. I know it's all mind games and maybe thats why so many people likes him but seriosuly, Pacmans traits > Moneys trait. Mayweather is just that perfect villain and he does prove it in the ring but he is nowhere from being perfect.

Now I am not saying Pacman hasn't ducked anyone, I still think he is still running from JMM but he is facing Cotto, a real fighter where really Pacman should be the underdog. I mean Pacman obliterated DLH and Hatton but after seeing Cotto more and more, this match is almost unfair for Pacman especially since Cotto is still overweight by 5 lbs I think.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I still remember the greatest fight I ever saw, Chavez v. Randall I.

The best one I ever saw was Holmes vs. Cooney. It was the first live PPV fight I ever saw. Maybe that's why I remember it so well. Thumbs up on starting a boxing thread. I like watching Mayweather fight and Pacquiao brawl...quite a difference in styles.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Tycoons hate for Pacman runs deep.
laugh.gif

Yes, because selling moar than him throughout both of your careers shouldn't mean that you should make moar money than him when it comes time to beat that AZZ. Never mind the fact that Money whooped greater versions of Oscar and Hatton.

he has ducked fighters like Cotto and Mosley
What a lot of people don't know is that Mayweather did call out Mosley TWICE in the past, and each time Mosley would pull the dumbest excuses out of his AZZ. There was the I'm going on a vacation excuse, and then there was I have a toothache.
facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

as well and dude has no respect for his opponents country and culture. I know it's all mind games and maybe thats why so many people likes him but seriosuly, Pacmans traits > Moneys trait. Mayweather is just that perfect villain and he does prove it in the ring but he is nowhere from being perfect.
This is sports, it's about winning. Are you really looking towards athletes for examples on being respect and humble?
facepalm.gif
Ali called Frazier a gorilla. A racist expression done by white boys to blacks for centuries. Thanks for enforcing something that white boys have been trying to do forever to put another race down, let's not forget that Ali is black himself. Guess whose remembered as one of the greatest boxers of all time? It's not Frazier.

Now I am not saying Pacman hasn't ducked anyone, I still think he is still running from JMM
He's just doing what Mayweather does, watching out for his legacy. If he beats Cotto that's seven belts in seven different weight divisions.

but he is facing Cotto, a real fighter where really Pacman should be the underdog. I mean Pacman obliterated DLH and Hatton but after seeing Cotto more and more, this match is almost unfair for Pacman especially since Cotto is still overweight by 5 lbs I think.
Everyone else disagrees with you, go check the odds for Cotto.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just don't think you can be unbiased since you hate Pacman too much. You damn well that a fight between the two best (assuming Pacman wins against Cotto) is well worth a 50/50 split in income. Money probably won't get a bigger payday than goign against Pacquiao, even if Cotto wins against Pacquiao. I don't think Pacquiao is saying he sould make more money but he know he will get paid and just wants a fair share and looking at a 50/50 split.

Mosley backing out, I need to read that article with a valid source because Mosley is trying to make money right now and calling him out and Money still won't budge. Understandable as he is looking for a bigger payday in Pacman but honestly, if Cotto beats Pacman, I doubt we'll see a Cotto vs. Money in the future. I'll gladly eat my words if that were to happen because I would love to see that fight but I just don't see Money fighting Cotto in his prime.

Man, you are defending the trash talk and Mayweathers action? Come on now, I know everyone like the bad ass and but to grab someones flag and throw in the floor in their own country, which led to being chased almost getting killed is disrespectful. Insult the person, but not the family or even the country. And Ali being black makes his "Gorilla" statement less insulting and racist, even if he means it. They call each other the "N" word all the time, they do not take offense in that.

This is sports and it is about winning but respect is respect. I guess you condone Lebron not shaking the Magic hands after they eliminated teh Cavs? There really is no excuse for poor sportsmanship. Like I said, I slightly defended Money by saying it is all mind games but your hate for Pacman just runs way too deep and maybe your love for Money runs deeper but you need to look at things logically. If you were Pacman and Money grabs the Philippines flag, throws it in the ground and steps on it, you'll stand there and just say, "hey, it's just sports, it's all good." I doubt it.

Yeah, both of them has ducked opponents but so far, Pacman has been going against people that the majority admits should have destroyed him but proved them wrong. Whatever people say, its the old DLH or the soft Hatton, the odds were still against Pacman. You have to remember, Pacman was the underdog against DLH and everyone predicted Pacman would lose and from the first bell it was evident there was no way DLH would win. That looked like a sparring training for Pacman. He didn't get the overwhelming odds in his favor until he beat DLH and even then people doubted Pacman agaisnt Hatton and again beat him to retirement.

With Cotto, it's a different story. I do not give a crap what Vegas says, the odds in Pacmans side is all hype, he is good, he is fast and he is strong and I don't think Cotto has faced anyone with that combo but Cotto can take a beating and his body shot will make the difference and he is a bigger and stronger guy so to me, I see a big advantage by Cotto. This is probably Pacmans toughest fight yet, this could be like fighting JMM but with a bigger bite so I put Pacman as the underdog. Don't get me wrong, I have Pacman picked to win but it definitely won't be easy and I can tell you right now, if Cotto loses the excuses of Cotto not being the same after his defeat from Margarito will flow, the same way that if Pacman loses the excuse of Cotto being too heavy that's why he lost coming out. On a sidenote, there is a chance Cotto comes to the fight weighing 155-160 lbs so we'll have to see if that will help or not but one way or the other, it'll be an excuse in the end for the losing side.

Pacman is the biggest name in boxing right now and has taken the pound for pound crown from Money (due to retirement) and like it or not, Money has to take it back and I would love to see that happen. But seriously, you are just making Money like he is perfect when he is far from it. Same with Pacman (dude needs to stop singing, acting, etc... and focus on boxing). As a fighter, Money will probably be the best ever or be considered the best even if he loses to Pacman in the future but right now, he just isn't at the top yet, not until he beats Pacman or Cotto, simple as that.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, just watching WWE RAW right now and Hatton is the guest host and damn dude's being eating well.... too well. He looks like the Ricky Fatton character right now, DAMN!

daft

Reaction score
I'm not gonna add more to this as arguing with a Mayweather fan is like talking to a brick wall.

In1999, Mosley asked floyd to give him a month so he could recover from a tooth problem and Floyd said no. This is why floyd keeps saying he ducked him. Mosley had tooth problems and said give him a month and he'll fight but floyd wouldn't. The next time, Mosley, both being under Golden Boy, had to move out for Oscar and asked Floyd to fight him afterwords, and of course Money said no.

As for PBF knocking out Paul Williams? You're having a laugh. He would never ever get in the ring with him. I can safely say that will never ever happen. No way. We're talkin about a man who makes a lightweight put on 17 pounds to come up to welterweight, and then he himself doesn't even make the weight. He may be one of most talented of our era, but by no means is he the Ali of our era. No way will he be remembered gloriously. Who is his Joe Frazier? Ricky Hatton? lol. I would bet he would love to fight him again. Only the most marsupialed fans can say he is the Ali of our era.

Would he fight the winner of Cotto-Pacquiao? Depends. If it's a slugfest and both of them seem damaged goods, he would. If one of them wins in a dominating fashion, no way. He is so bent on keeping his '0' he will never dare to get in a fight where it's a 50-50.

Some golden quotes from the "greatest of our generation".

"Legacy don't pay bills"

"I'm the greatest"

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't think you can be unbiased since you hate Pacman too much. You damn well that a fight between the two best (assuming Pacman wins against Cotto) is well worth a 50/50 split in income. Money probably won't get a bigger payday than goign against Pacquiao, even if Cotto wins against Pacquiao. I don't think Pacquiao is saying he sould make more money but he know he will get paid and just wants a fair share and looking at a 50/50 split.
Not only am I biased on fanny pac, it's also a logic thing. I posted the numbers earlier. In both of their biggest fights with the same guy, DLH, Mayweather sold DOUBLE of what he did. What more do you want? Let's not forget that Mayweather sold more than Manny throughout his career. His work is more meaningful as proven by the numbers, so why should he get less if he's doing "more" work between them in a business relationship (their fight)?
eh.gif

Mosley backing out, I need to read that article with a valid source because Mosley is trying to make money right now and calling him out and Money still won't budge. Understandable as he is looking for a bigger payday in Pacman but honestly, if Cotto beats Pacman, I doubt we'll see a Cotto vs. Money in the future. I'll gladly eat my words if that were to happen because I would love to see that fight but I just don't see Money fighting Cotto in his prime.
http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/...l=6&thispage=2
It also is worth remembering the interminable delays Mosley caused for Mayweather on at least two occasions earlier in their careers, when the fight made all kinds of sense, only for Mosley to shy away.

Ten years ago, when a fight between them would have matched two of the brilliant, rising stars in the sport, Mosley balked. He and his father and then-trainer, Jack, were at Van Andel Arena the night Mayweather brought Grand Rapids its first championship fight, after which Jack Mosley was asked to assess his interest in the matchup.

For $10 million, his son would take the fight, Jack Mosley said, knowing that Mayweather had earned a $150,000 base purse for that night's lackluster decision over Carlos Rios, and that Mayweather-Mosley wasn't worth eight figures even if the purses were combined, then multiplied by two.

They traveled divergent paths for years thereafter. Mosley moved up to welterweight and defeated De La Hoya, only to lose twice to Vernon Forrest. Another win over De La Hoya boosted him again, only to fall victim to a pair of losses to Ronald "Winky" Wright.

It took until mid-2006, after Mosley scored consecutive knockouts over Fernando Vargas, before Mayweather-Mosley made sense again.

Mosley decided to take a vacation instead, leaving Mayweather to fight Carlos Baldomir.
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather
In 1999, we tried to fight Shane 10 years ago and he turned the fight down and then in 2006 when he fought Fernando Vargas, right after the fight he said he had a toothache and he wanted to go on vacation with his family.

I guess now that he's 38 and his career is coming to an end and everybody knows they can make huge money with Floyd Mayweather, everybody is shooting shots at me.

Man, you are defending the trash talk and Mayweathers action? Come on now, I know everyone like the bad ass and but to grab someones flag and throw in the floor in their own country, which led to being chased almost getting killed is disrespectful. Insult the person, but not the family or even the country. And Ali being black makes his "Gorilla" statement less insulting and racist, even if he means it. They call each other the "N" word all the time, they do not take offense in that.
I'm not here to compare Mayweather trashing a nation's flag to Ali promoting racism. The reality is that Ali treated Frazier like **** by constantly disrespecting him, but it's Ali who is considered the best of his time.

This is sports and it is about winning but respect is respect. I guess you condone Lebron not shaking the Magic hands after they eliminated teh Cavs? There really is no excuse for poor sportsmanship. Like I said, I slightly defended Money by saying it is all mind games but your hate for Pacman just runs way too deep and maybe your love for Money runs deeper but you need to look at things logically. If you were Pacman and Money grabs the Philippines flag, throws it in the ground and steps on it, you'll stand there and just say, "hey, it's just sports, it's all good." I doubt it.
You just said it yourself. I'm rating people as athletes, and you rate them on being good human beings.

I don't watch basketball.

Yeah, both of them has ducked opponents but so far, Pacman has been going against people that the majority admits should have destroyed him but proved them wrong. Whatever people say, its the old DLH or the soft Hatton, the odds were still against Pacman. You have to remember, Pacman was the underdog against DLH and everyone predicted Pacman would lose and from the first bell it was evident there was no way DLH would win. That looked like a sparring training for Pacman. He didn't get the overwhelming odds in his favor until he beat DLH and even then people doubted Pacman agaisnt Hatton and again beat him to retirement.
That doesn't change the fact that Money bested greater versions of DLH and Hatton.

With Cotto, it's a different story. I do not give a crap what Vegas says, the odds in Pacmans side is all hype, he is good, he is fast and he is strong and I don't think Cotto has faced anyone with that combo but Cotto can take a beating and his body shot will make the difference and he is a bigger and stronger guy so to me, I see a big advantage by Cotto. This is probably Pacmans toughest fight yet, this could be like fighting JMM but with a bigger bite so I put Pacman as the underdog. Don't get me wrong, I have Pacman picked to win but it definitely won't be easy and I can tell you right now, if Cotto loses the excuses of Cotto not being the same after his defeat from Margarito will flow, the same way that if Pacman loses the excuse of Cotto being too heavy that's why he lost coming out. On a sidenote, there is a chance Cotto comes to the fight weighing 155-160 lbs so we'll have to see if that will help or not but one way or the other, it'll be an excuse in the end for the losing side.
What's it going to be champ?
eh.gif

Are you supporting him because you're biased in a good way towards him?
eh.gif

Pacman is the biggest name in boxing right now and has taken the pound for pound crown from Money (due to retirement) and like it or not, Money has to take it back and I would love to see that happen. But seriously, you are just making Money like he is perfect when he is far from it. Same with Pacman (dude needs to stop singing, acting, etc... and focus on boxing). As a fighter, Money will probably be the best ever or be considered the best even if he loses to Pacman in the future but right now, he just isn't at the top yet, not until he beats Pacman or Cotto, simple as that.
That's not what the cash register says. The pound for pound system was made to rate which fighters are the best since the size differences would make it stupid for them to fight each other. Money and fanny pac haven't fought yet, just like how everyone in the P4P rankings don't fight each other. They determine who is the best with the quality of their opposition, and how they fight. Do you really think someone like fanny pac would whoop Money's AZZ? Styles make fights. Don't act like you don't know, bro. Here we go.
As a fighter, Money will probably be the best ever

Originally Posted by daft
In1999, Mosley asked floyd to give him a month so he could recover from a tooth problem and Floyd said no. This is why floyd keeps saying he ducked him. Mosley had tooth problems and said give him a month and he'll fight but floyd wouldn't. The next time, Mosley, both being under Golden Boy, had to move out for Oscar and asked Floyd to fight him afterwords, and of course Money said no.
It also is worth remembering the interminable delays Mosley caused for Mayweather on at least two occasions earlier in their careers, when the fight made all kinds of sense, only for Mosley to shy away.

Ten years ago, when a fight between them would have matched two of the brilliant, rising stars in the sport, Mosley balked. He and his father and then-trainer, Jack, were at Van Andel Arena the night Mayweather brought Grand Rapids its first championship fight, after which Jack Mosley was asked to assess his interest in the matchup.

For $10 million, his son would take the fight, Jack Mosley said, knowing that Mayweather had earned a $150,000 base purse for that night's lackluster decision over Carlos Rios, and that Mayweather-Mosley wasn't worth eight figures even if the purses were combined, then multiplied by two.

They traveled divergent paths for years thereafter. Mosley moved up to welterweight and defeated De La Hoya, only to lose twice to Vernon Forrest. Another win over De La Hoya boosted him again, only to fall victim to a pair of losses to Ronald "Winky" Wright.

It took until mid-2006, after Mosley scored consecutive knockouts over Fernando Vargas, before Mayweather-Mosley made sense again.

Mosley decided to take a vacation instead, leaving Mayweather to fight Carlos Baldomir.
facepalm.gif

As for PBF knocking out Paul Williams? You're having a laugh. He would never ever get in the ring with him. I can safely say that will never ever happen. No way. We're talkin about a man who makes a lightweight put on 17 pounds to come up to welterweight, and then he himself doesn't even make the weight.
Did you not watch Paul Williams lose to Quintana in their first fight?
facepalm.gif
If a lesser fighter like Quintana can do it Floyd can. Unfortunately, it remains a fantasy fight as it doesn't make sense for the KING of fighting for checks to take up a small name.

He may be one of most talented of our era, but by no means is he the Ali of our era. No way will he be remembered gloriously. Who is his Joe Frazier? Ricky Hatton? lol. I would bet he would love to fight him again. Only the most marsupialed fans can say he is the Ali of our era.
He's the closest to Ali out of anyone in this era. Is he not the most technically skilled boxer of his time? Does he not have the biggest ego in the sport? Who else can talk as much ****?
Originally Posted by Greenburg
"There's no question he's got a little bit of that Muhammad Ali in him from the '60s," Greenburg said. "There were a lot of people that wanted to see his mouth shut as well, and you can't take your eyes off him."

Would he fight the winner of Cotto-Pacquiao? Depends. If it's a slugfest and both of them seem damaged goods, he would. If one of them wins in a dominating fashion, no way.
We'll see after November 14th. Keep in mind that he announced his comeback on the day of the Hatton-fanny pac fight. Let's see the man he chose to beat was one that fanny pac could barely handle. There's too much money in fanny pac if he keeps his stardom inertia going for a greedy mofo like Floyd to pass it up. Everything adds to him having his eyes set on pac.

Dodging Cotto and Williams? I can buy that. Being afraid of fanny pac? Only the most marsupialed fans can say he's scared of fanny pac. Did you not watch fanny struggle with JMM, a lesser counter puncher?

He is so bent on keeping his '0' he will never dare to get in a fight where it's a 50-50.
Who do you think would be a 50-50 fight for him that's actually worth money, his motive for beating people up? People like you hate Floyd so much that you would put him in the ring with Pavlik if you could.

"Legacy don't pay bills"

"I'm the greatest"

Good job, you should frame it. It'll last you longer.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Again, you are putting words in my mouth, i never said Money should take less money, I am saying is 50/50 split. You are saying not to hate on a persons trait yet you hate Pacman for wanting money and love Money because he has made more? Makes no sense there.

Ali treating Frazier liek crap means nothing to him becoming the best, you make seem like that is what made him the best. Sure he had a big mouth but he proved it in the ring and that is why he is the best, not because he treated Frazier like crap. Frazier being called a Gorilla also doesn't take away anything from his accomplishments so your point on Ali treating someone like crap and that is why he is considered the best is... well... pretty much explains itself.

So now that Mosley is challenging an aged Mosley, why not face him? Why back out? Why put a doubt in peoples mind that he is the best? As for besting a better DLH and Hatton I agreed to that already but that is all you defense? Come on now, to be honest DLH was on his way out at that point as well and really and Hatton still got whooped by Pacman in a way that Money can't.

Just because I believe Pacman is being hyped up doesn't mean I believe he won't win. I got him winning but not at a landslide as Vegas is making it out to be. it'll be a tough battle and I can see getting his first knock down ever but I got him to win by either decision or KO in the 9th-10th round.

You just said it yourself. I'm rating people as athletes, and you rate them on being good human beings.
You didn't answer my question, if he stepped on your flag you won't react at all?

That's not what the cash register says. The pound for pound system was made to rate which fighters are the best since the size differences would make it stupid for them to fight each other. Money and fanny pac haven't fought yet, just like how everyone in the P4P rankings don't fight each other. They determine who is the best with the quality of their opposition, and how they fight. Do you really think someone like fanny pac would whoop Money's AZZ? Styles make fights. Don't act like you don't know, bro. Here we go.
I wouldn't think Pacman would hand Money his head but he has a good chance. You act like Money already won and that Pacman has no chance. Yeah styles make a fight, Pacman is a brawler and one is a counter puncher, both really fast but I think Pacman got length on Money (I have to check on that) and really, it is anyones game.

I kind of agree that if the match between Pacman & Cotto is an overwhelming victory by either one, Money will back out and I can see him going for Mosley first by then. But if the match is a all out brawl where the two looks like they'll be in a concussion, Money will almost guarrantee that match at a 50/50 split, not taking less money. Please note that so you don't misqoute me again.

Also, just because Pacman had trouble with JMM doesn't mean he'll have trouble with Money now. Pacman seem to have gotten faster and stronger by moving up in weight, not the same could be said about JMM byt he way he got handle by Money. Hell I could say Money beat a lesser JMM.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, you are putting words in my mouth, i never said Money should take less money, I am saying is 50/50 split. You are saying not to hate on a persons trait yet you hate Pacman for wanting money and love Money because he has made more? Makes no sense there.
I'm saying it should be a 60/40 or 55/45 split. Floyd's proved he's the breadwinner. No, if you noticed in my first post in this thread I mentioned how fanny pac talks about Mayweather being too greedy, and that's why the fight won't happen. fanny pac believes it's a boxer's responsibility to accommodate to the fans by giving them the best fight for their money. Everyone wants to see Mayweather whoop that AZZ, and don't you think fanny pac should practice what he preaches? He's making it sound like the fans are moar important than the money. Well he should put his idea into practice.
Ali treating Frazier liek crap means nothing to him becoming the best, you make seem like that is what made him the best. Sure he had a big mouth but he proved it in the ring and that is why he is the best, not because he treated Frazier like crap. Frazier being called a Gorilla also doesn't take away anything from his accomplishments so your point on Ali treating someone like crap and that is why he is considered the best is... well... pretty much explains itself.
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I brought up Ali as an illustration on how people don't give a **** about respect and humility when it comes to whose the best fighter. World class athletes are competitive guys who play to be the best. Anyways, does Floyd not talk a lot of **** then proves he can back it up in the ring?
So now that Mosley is challenging an aged Mosley, why not face him? Why back out? Why put a doubt in peoples mind that he is the best? As for besting a better DLH and Hatton I agreed to that already but that is all you defense? Come on now, to be honest DLH was on his way out at that point as well and really and Hatton still got whooped by Pacman in a way that Money can't.
We all know Floyd is obsessed with fighting for cash. I'm not Floyd, but my guess is that he believes Mosley won't make him as much money as fanny pac at this stage of his career. If DLH was that far down the ******* at that point then it would lessen both of their victories on him. Beating a big name like DLH is what turned them both into stars. Lessen him for Floyd, and you'll do the same for fanny. I agree with the Hatton part. Floyd is a safety first fighter since he overvalues his 0. He wants to leave with a flawless record, and that makes him a much less aggressive fighter in favor of slow damage through counter punching. fanny pac doesn't have as much to lose so he's free to take all those risks he wants. Floyd has admitted to having hand trouble in the past, so we know why he doesn't punch as hard. Some fighters use Cleto Reyes gloves, Money uses Winning for the extra hand protection. Foreman made Frazier look stupid, but Ali struggled with Frazier. Did you know that Ali was about to quit before the final round of the last Ali-Frazier fight, but he ended up winning since Frazier's corner fucked Frazier over by throwing in the towel against his will? Frazier handled Ali once, and arguably twice, but they were making jokes about how bad Frazier got fucked up by Foreman. Now they used the same logic you have by comparing how two guys with different styles whooped a common opponent, but Ali ended up beating Foreman by knocking that AZZ out in the 8th. If we use the same logic for Mayweather/Hatton vs fanny/Hatton then Mayweather would Money automatically be considered the lesser fighter?
facepalm.gif
Styles make fights.
You didn't answer my question, if he stepped on your flag you won't react at all?
I would get angry, but the truth is in the lights at the night of the fight. What happens that night is what will either make him a greater or lesser fighter.
I wouldn't think Pacman would hand Money his head but he has a good chance. You act like Money already won and that Pacman has no chance. Yeah styles make a fight, Pacman is a brawler and one is a counter puncher, both really fast but I think Pacman got length on Money (I have to check on that) and really, it is anyones game.
Mayweather's reach is greater than fanny's reach by five inches, bro. That's almost half of a ruler, and it makes a difference come jab time. 72">67". You're already convinced on why you think Money/fanny would be 50/50, but I still stand by my side on why Mayweather has the advantage here.
I kind of agree that if the match between Pacman & Cotto is an overwhelming victory by either one, Money will back out and I can see him going for Mosley first by then. But if the match is a all out brawl where the two looks like they'll be in a concussion, Money will almost guarrantee that match at a 50/50 split, not taking less money.
I don't see it being that way if fanny pac is the winner. Pac's hype will grow even moar if he wins, and that's just too much money for a greedy man like him to past up. I can give you the part about him possibly dodging Cotto as he didn't ever express much interest in fighting that guy. Fanny shouldn't get an even split as he's sold significantly less than Floyd throughout their careers. Another thing to factor is both of their recent fights. Mayweather/Marquez sold 1 million PPV. If fanny pac doesn't outsell Mayweather by an impressive margin, I doubt Floyd is going to agree to an even split. What ever happens, happens. The numbers don't lie, and Floyd is the bigger draw in the sport of boxing. We apply logic and he should be walking out with the bigger purse.
Also, just because Pacman had trouble with JMM doesn't mean he'll have trouble with Money now. Pacman seem to have gotten faster and stronger by moving up in weight, not the same could be said about JMM byt he way he got handle by Money. Hell I could say Money beat a lesser JMM.
Let's not forget that you even agreed to fanny pac is dodging his Mexican homeboy, who also happens to have a counter punching style like Floyd. I'll agree that Floyd embarrassed a lesser JMM than the one Pac fought. Marquez didn't carry up all the weight so well, but size wasn't Floyd's main advantage. The manner in which he did it was a boxing clinic, he completely outclassed and out skilled him. He proved he's the vastly superior counter puncher that night. If fanny pac barely beated JMM, just imagine what would happen against a larger, faster, and smarter version of JMM, also known as Floyd? Fanny pac could actually land some clean shots on JMM. A big difference between Floyd and fanny pac's Mexican friend is that Floyd's godlike defense often stops him from being hit flush. One last thing is Floyd did all of that after coming off from a two year lay off.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I brought up Ali as an illustration on how people don't give a **** about respect and humility when it comes to whose the best fighter. World class athletes are competitive guys who play to be the best. Anyways, does Floyd not talk a lot of **** then proves he can back it up in the ring?
If you just put it that way instead of saying...

The reality is that Ali treated Frazier like **** by constantly disrespecting him, but it's Ali who is considered the best of his time.
Then it would be a lot clearer. I mean seriously, just read what you wrote and you were just emphasizing on how Ali talked trash on Frazier and then state that Ali is the best and not Frazier as if you meant it due to his trash talking.

I'm saying it should be a 60/40 or 55/45 split. Floyd's proved he's the breadwinner. No, if you noticed in my first post in this thread I mentioned how fanny pac talks about Mayweather being too greedy, and that's why the fight won't happen. fanny pac believes it's a boxer's responsibility to accommodate to the fans by giving them the best fight for their money. Everyone wants to see Mayweather whoop that AZZ, and don't you think fanny pac should practice what he preaches? He's making it sound like the fans are moar important than the money. Well he should put his idea into practice.
I read the article you wrote and to be honest, it seems like Manny is more open to compromise and I highly doubt everyone wants to see Money beat Pacman, you got to remember, Pacman is a "hero" while Money is the "villain" and Money likes it like that. Pacman has a lost under his belt, Money doesn't, it is easy to argue that more people want Money to lose not only because of his big mouth but because he is that good. And yes, he backed up his big mouth in the ring but the main difference is he is not as charming or likeable as Ali. Ali talked trash but everyone loved him at the same time.

To be honest, Money's last fights are more hyped because first, with DLH, that could have been DLH's last fight against the top of the sport. With Hatton, that was going to be Money's last fight, the man on the top of the sport and with JMM it was his return. If Pacman retired and returned back to fight Cotto or Hatton, I bet you it would sell a lot more than it did.

Let's not forget that you even agreed to fanny pac is dodging his Mexican homeboy, who also happens to have a counter punching style like Floyd.
The main difference is, they already fought twice and he is mainly dodging him because he beat him already. If Money beat Mosley or Cotto and then dodged them, then it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Anyways, I have a feeling we'll just go back and forth on the issues and I respect your opinion because you made valid points but this might be my last post until the fight Saturday. I mean come on, the biggest fight of the year is 5 days away. We need to just enjoy that fight and bicker again afterwards when we know who Money might face next.
laugh.gif

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read the article you wrote and to be honest, it seems like Manny is more open to compromise and I highly doubt everyone wants to see Money beat Pacman, you got to remember, Pacman is a "hero" while Money is the "villain" and Money likes it like that. Pacman has a lost under his belt, Money doesn't, it is easy to argue that more people want Money to lose not only because of his big mouth but because he is that good. And yes, he backed up his big mouth in the ring but the main difference is he is not as charming or likeable as Ali. Ali talked trash but everyone loved him at the same time.
You know what I meant when I said everyone, I'm in the Mayweather fans' camp. That's true when you make **** look that easy people feel threatened and jealous.

To be honest, Money's last fights are more hyped because first, with DLH, that could have been DLH's last fight against the top of the sport. With Hatton, that was going to be Money's last fight, the man on the top of the sport and with JMM it was his return. If Pacman retired and returned back to fight Cotto or Hatton, I bet you it would sell a lot more than it did.
It came out the way it did though to make Floyd the biggest active draw in the sport. Floyd may have had "lucky" circumstances, but numbers are numbers. Boxing is as much fighting as it is politics.

The main difference is, they already fought twice and he is mainly dodging him because he beat him already. If Money beat Mosley or Cotto and then dodged them, then it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
If there's one thing about Mayweather that bothers me it's how he says he's free to fight whoever since he's his own boss, but he loves to answer I need to go talk to my people first whenever someone asks who he'll fight next.

Anyways, I have a feeling we'll just go back and forth on the issues and I respect your opinion because you made valid points but this might be my last post until the fight Saturday. I mean come on, the biggest fight of the year is 5 days away. We need to just enjoy that fight and bicker again afterwards when we know who Money might face next.
laugh.gif

We'll see when the numbers come. You know if you believe the fight to be that even it would be a good idea to put some money on Cotto. He has 1 to 4 odds at winning by KO, TKO, or DQ.

daft

Reaction score
We'll see when the numbers come. You know if you believe the fight to be that even it would be a good idea to put some money on Cotto. He has 1 to 4 odds at winning by KO, TKO, or DQ.

No, currently the odds are +220 for Cotto, which isn't +300 like you said but it's still amazing. I put down $100 on Cotto as the odds are just too good to turn down. I'm tempted to put another bet on this fight lasting more than 9+ rounds. So pumped for this fight. Don't know if I will order the PPV or just go to a bar. Are you guys buying the fight?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, currently the odds are +220 for Cotto, which isn't +300 like you said but it's still amazing. I put down $100 on Cotto as the odds are just too good to turn down. I'm tempted to put another bet on this fight lasting more than 9+ rounds. So pumped for this fight. Don't know if I will order the PPV or just go to a bar. Are you guys buying the fight?
Where do you get your odds at?
eh.gif
I'm using sportsinteraction where putting money on a Cotto win by KO, TKO, or DQ can 4x your money.
eh.gif
I want to put $150ish on Cotto by KO, TKO, or DQ. I don't know how to order the fight, so that means I'll be going to the bar. They don't ID, and I can make last minute bests with other people at the bar. Plus it's great to bullshit around with the Mexican workers.
BTW, just watching WWE RAW right now and Hatton is the guest host and damn dude's being eating well.... too well. He looks like the Ricky Fatton character right now, DAMN!
Yep, that's what too many fighters do. I heard pac and cotto like to balloon up between fights from all their drinking. Hatton is a hardcore case with rumors of him ballooning up to 200. Treating your body like that has to catch up to you in the long run.

Mauby

Reaction score
Earlier statement retracted. This isn't a boxing thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads