• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, again forgot to apply anything before leaving the house. Therefore, Givenchy Play. Need better samples in my desk drawer.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Le Labo Poivre 31. First wearing. Liking it so far.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Le Labo Poivre 31. First wearing. Liking it so far.
Eh?
eh.gif
I know poivre is french for rose but is this a different version of rose 31?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Eh?
eh.gif
I know poivre is french for rose but is this a different version of rose 31?

Oops, I meant Poivre 23. Don't know why they need the numbers in their names at all. I believe "Poivre" is actually french for pepper, which is the top note of this fragrance. The pepper dissapears after a couple of minutes but I like the warm spicy note that develops and stays for a while.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oops, I meant Poivre 23. Don't know why they need the numbers in their names at all. I believe "Poivre" is actually french for pepper, which is the top note of this fragrance. The pepper dissapears after a couple of minutes but I like the warm spicy note that develops and stays for a while.
Whoops, you're right. I mixed up the numbers and the names. I don't know French
confused.gif
How'd you get a hold of the Poivre 23? Are you in London?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops, you're right. I mixed up the numbers and the names. I don't know French
confused.gif
How'd you get a hold of the Poivre 23? Are you in London?

What works for me is to know just enough french that french speakers feel bad about you butchering their language, (or appreciate you making an effort, however you see it), so that they switch to english.
smile.gif
The NYC Le Labo store is actually offering 25 bottles of each if the city specific perfumes. While we were buying Bergamot (insert whatever its number is here) as a gift for a friend, Mrs. Dmax decided she really liked the Poivre 23. Now I get to use it too. She is waiting for a few days before wearing it for the fragrance oils to mingle since Le Labo mixes everything to order.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What works for me is to know just enough french that french speakers feel bad about you butchering their language, (or appreciate you making an effort, however you see it), so that they switch to english.
smile.gif
The NYC Le Labo store is actually offering 25 bottles of each if the city specific perfumes. While we were buying Bergamot (insert whatever its number is here) as a gift for a friend, Mrs. Dmax decided she really liked the Poivre 23. Now I get to use it too. She is waiting for a few days before wearing it for the fragrance oils to mingle since Le Labo mixes everything to order.

Wow, good to know about the NY store. And thanks for the French advice. I'm sure it'll come in handy some day.
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All the French I ever really knew was - "Pardonnez-moi, parlez-vous Anglais? Mes Francais sont terrible"

Today, speaking of French scents: Caron Yatagan.

redstarnyc

Reaction score
Does anyone know who sells DIOR Bois D'argent / Eau Noire?
I had smelled them once at Barney's but I don't think they carry them anymore.
Thanks.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Went with Diptyque's Tam Dao today. Its like a tobacco/leather scent crossed with Phylosikos. Need some more time with this one.

Really? I thought that was pretty much straight sandalwood. I thought it almost smelled of cedar too, but I've been told that the cedar quality is a trait of pure sandalwood oil.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
YAY SF IS BACK

Today: Chanel Antaeus. It's been a while.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to a generous BN admin and Penhailgon's I now have the entire Penhaligon's lineup. Tried the English Fern, and Blenhaim Bouquet yesterday. Definitely classy scents.

Today finished up another GIT sample. I know you guys don't care for the boring safe scents but I seriously don't know what's more pleasant smelling than GIT. I may buy a bottle. (After selling a few extra I have)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads