• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dream Garages Anyone?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherlockian
I particularly liked the C1 Corvettes and GT40.
The Ford GT's are one my all time favorites. Unfortunately due to rarity, they're still selling at/above the 150K list price (I honestly doubt prices will ever dip).

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would rather have one of those Superformance GT40 replicars; I'd paint it a real moody matte titanium. There are plenty of other modern supercars I'd rather have than a Ford GT.

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
would you get a garage specifically made so the marroquians and blacks cannot steal wealth?
If the laws would let me defend my home as in the US of course, meanwhile I live in leftist country where the people who works as me are the public enemy. I never said anything about blacks by the way, but I´ll say that every day 100s of them arrive to the beach where I live. Enough is enough. 20 % of the people is unnemployed right now, no need to have free assylum for non tax payers and imported ones.
worship.gif
worship.gif
Meanwhile I´ll copy a post of me, defending mafoofan and myself from those as you... Sorry to say When I came to this forum, I thought most of the members belonged as me to the high burgueoise, descendant of the best europeans and semi aristocratic caucasians knew by their sofisfication and education. I failed in my thoughts. Then the forum is plenty of racist jokes about this guy, fault of respect about me and my family in my villa assault attemp by some muslims etc. This looks just as the mtv , non educated people with expensive clothes. Lumpen proletarians plenty of envy. With some great exceptions. My two cents. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=148810&page=3

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I would rather have one of those Superformance GT40 replicars; I'd paint it a real moody matte titanium. There are plenty of other modern supercars I'd rather have than a Ford GT.
I don't tend to find replica's all that enticing (exluding the Shelby Daytona's). It's essentially an auto for somewhat not able to purchase the real thing, due to limited numbers, or outrageous price values. When speaking in terms of rare exotics, I would very much prefer the idea that my car also hold some value, especially considering it might be considered a collectible. The GT is by far the most exotic of the American supercars (not inclunding rare Saleens), which is the primary reason behind their following amongst car enthusiasts and collectors.

doctorj!

Reaction score
This will be in my garage on Saturday:
2iqk3ts.jpg
Gran Turismo S. Black/black with red stitching and red calipers.

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by doctorj!

2iqk3ts.jpg

Congratulations man!

The car I had if we hasn´t a commie government in Spain .

I sold the Spyder .

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I don't tend to find replica's all that enticing (exluding the Shelby Daytona's). It's essentially an auto for somewhat not able to purchase the real thing, due to limited numbers, or outrageous price values.

When speaking in terms of rare exotics, I would very much prefer the idea that my car also hold some value, especially considering it might be considered a collectible.

The GT is by far the most exotic of the American supercars (not inclunding rare Saleens), which is the primary reason behind their following amongst car enthusiasts and collectors.

Wouldn't the Superformance GT40 fall into the same category as the Shelby Daytona replica, and more so? After all, they're both made by Superformance and the GT40 rep is actually a bit more expensive. It's a newer model than the Shelby, in their catalog, I believe.

I don't care too much for Shelby cars, I'd rather have a pure vintage European sports car, but the GT40 really does something for me and I admire old Lola cars, so it's in. I hear the Superformance GT40 runs something like $125K with a crate motor in it; not too much less than a new Ford GT. I am not really into the retro new cars that Detroit has been putting lately, though.

turboman808

Reaction score
GT40 replica is on my list of cars to buy. I have a feeling Southern Nupe is mixing back yard kit cars with replicas. He is also mixing Ford GT and GT40 up. 2 completely different cars.

Superformance GT40 is build exactly like the original but imporoved in areas that don't effect the overall look of the car. I got to take one for a spin at Carlisle 2 years ago and it was an amazing car.

A good one will cost just about $140k.

Ford GT is fords remake to the GT40. A celebration of it's heritage. It's a great car but it's not the real thing IMO. The interior looks cheap as hell. Basically a replica but not as pretty. Don't get me wrong though it's ******* fast.

By the way the car in the picture is a Superformance GT40. Unless that guy paid 5 million for that car it's a replica.

A real GT40 will cost between 500k to 5 million if it's a Le Mans winning car.

Here is the interior of a superformance GT40

GT40-covington-la-cockpit.jpg

Here is a Ford GT

Ford_GT_interior.jpg

Now tell me which one you would want?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's the regular steering wheel out of a Mustang.

An exec at work has a Superformance Shelby. Pretty.

~ H

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who put the brake booster in the middle of the wheel? Damn airbags... That new GT wheel is hideous.

turboman808

Reaction score
Also something most don't relaize a rela GT40 the driver is on the right hand side and the shifter is next to the door. Very odd arrangement.

Unless the guy is sitting on the other side of the car it's a replica.

Here is a real GT40 interior.

1076d.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score

2iqk3ts.jpg

Nicely done. I'm impressed.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score

2iqk3ts.jpg

What do you do for a living? A doctor?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads