• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
You went for the lighter, classic shade? I'm basically having an exact copy of this coat made up in the vicuna colored pure camel hair.

540-1-md.jpg

dinted voice

Reaction score
Some great fabrics in this thread. Anyone know of any good online retailers for a reasonable price? Keep in mind I am a small timer compared to most in this thread!

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Some great fabrics in this thread. Anyone know of any good online retailers for reasonable? Keep in mind I am a small timer compared to most in this thread!
Watching some of you share your knowledge about fabrics is very edumacational
smile.gif
:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Not quite. Im actually just completing a spit take from seeing some of the cloths and clothing ideas on this thread
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Watching some of you share your knowledge about fabrics is very edumacational
smile.gif
:

Can you please be more specific and point to the specific cloths, clothing ideas, and misinformation in this thread? We understand that you are better than all of us, but sometimes we just want to know exactly why.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Can you please be more specific and point to the specific cloths, clothing ideas, and misinformation in this thread? We understand that you are better than all of us, but sometimes we just want to know exactly why.
+1

I doubt he would though. At the end of the day, he's just a mean-spirited asshole, the sort who gets off on being the 'outsider', someone who enjoys standing at the sidelines throwing rocks, and who joyfully derides those who would enforce dogma while simultaneously doing the same.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
+1

I doubt he would though. At the end of the day, he's just a mean-spirited asshole, the sort who gets off on being the 'outsider', someone who enjoys standing at the sidelines throwing rocks, and who joyfully derides those who would enforce dogma while simultaneously doing the same.

FNB is quite popular nowadays...

gherrmann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
IMHO, suit with extra trouser as I feel that with 3 pc or DB you would literally be covered in check

concur.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer

This is just trolling. You know you are not in the least bit interested in his opinion and you just want to trick him in to saying something so you can make fun of his bad taste or class anxiety.

Well the bunny is no fool. He is not marching into your trap.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received some Harrisons heavyweight charcoal grey birdseye from AndrewRogers. It looks great and nothing at all like a stuffy heavyweight fabric. I'll be funding this one as soon as I can because we're dropping back to single digit temperatures this coming weekend.

Some Minnis midweight navy blue (also from Andrew) is being turned into a two piece suit. The tailor offered to make a shirt shoulder. I dredged through my memory to recall some of what Manton had posted about its construction, and he really did seem to know how a proper one was made. Should be awesome.

kngrimm

Reaction score
Some really nice stuff arrived and all thanks to AndrewRogers...

All Minnis... tried the excelsior and savile row line - they feel very nice, although, the excelsior is verrryy light/fine. The Savile row has more weight to it.

The dark blue is moleskin and the rest are flannel (air force blue, charcoal, brown, blue spot effect)...

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent acquisitions:

clothspree-1.JPG

clothspree-2.JPG
clothspree-3.JPG

Left pile: LBD Linings, silesia, buttons.
Right pile, top to bottom: Hardy sand coloured linen (340gms), green/gray donegal Alsport tweed (600gms), brown herringbone with fine overcheck Alsport tweed (495gms) and creamy yellow moleskin (425gms), P&H green thick whale (705gms), wine mid whale (470gms) and rust thick whale (705gms) corduroy.

Yes, I do get cold easily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics