• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers: Fedor, round 1 TKO
Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. Jake Shields
Strikeforce Middleweight Championship : Shields, UD
Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou: Mousasi, Round 1, on the ground, sub or tko.
Antonio Silva vs. Fabricio Werdum: Werdum, 2 round sub.

By FAR the most competitive fight is the first, BigFoot Silva v. Werdum. I have a feeling Werdum will take it but really I'm just guessing when and how. I'll be curious to see how Werdum handles Selva's size. Big guys with good stand up (AA, Dos Santos) have given him problems before.

The rest should be all right fights, but I don't expect any upsets. Mayhem has the best chance of an upset of anyone on the card.

And of course we have Fedor. As always when one of my favorite fighters fight I'm a bit nervous. By every indication this should be another ass rapping by the Last Emperor, but thats why they still fight the fight, anything can happen.

Mauro, if your picks are any different than those I'd love a friendly wager.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
West Coast tape delay
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

JaPo

Reaction score
Since the boxing thread doesn't seem to get any attention here, I thought i'd discuss today's fight between David Haye and Nicolay Valuev. I was rooting for Haye all along and was ecstatic - and surprised - when the decision went his way. Off my feet when he rocked Goliath in the final round; **** can't have been a slip. He has all the attributes and marketability to set the HW division alight. Let's hope he nails the Klitschkos and brings boxing, at least to a degree, back to the forefront of society.

daft

Reaction score
Do we have a boxing thread? Haye claims to have broken his hand in the 2nd and that affected his game. I thought Valuev would get the decision, but I'm glad Haye won. However, either of the Klitschko brothers will destroy Haye.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Norcal _ I picked the same
frown.gif

daft

Reaction score
fedor has some unbelievably weak skin. already bleeing like crazy.

daft

Reaction score
rogers was out, so i think it was a good call. however rogers was stupid to get hit with that shot.

Adam_Lee

Reaction score
Rogers did very well, I thought he may have had the win when he momentarily utilized his ground and pound. 'Course, that probably wouldn't have happened if not for the blood in Fedor's eyes; it was obvious he couldn't see **** from his back. It's interesting that if Fedor had signed with the UFC, and Brock was able to cut Fedor early in the same way, Lesnar could have pulled the win off with his ultra-superior wrestling and G n' P to Brett.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Rogers was out dude, his eyes were in the back of his head. Listening to the interview, he was out cold. He wasn't talking afterward, he was mumbling.

God what a punch.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had no idea who Rogers is, so I looked him up on youtube. I've come to this conclusion: if ever he were to go to the UFC Rampage Jackson would christen him Brett "*******" Rogers.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Norcal and I called all the fights correct tonight
smile.gif

Fedor didn't look good. He needs to finish his contract and retire. He should have plenty of cash and end his reign perfect.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daft
fedor has some unbelievably weak skin. already bleeing like crazy.

I would like to see what happens to your nose when you get hit full on with a hard straight jab from a 260 pound fighter.
teacha.gif
sorry the blood made you queazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads