• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banana Republic, not that bad

seany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
did not read

sartre864 is to me what x26 is to fuuma

/thread

Dude brought up a well written and thought out argument and you shrug it off.

Give it a read.

sartre864

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
did not read sartre864 is to me what x26 is to fuuma /thread
I'm not familiar with the reference, but I'm guessing it ultimately ties in with your simplemindedness.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are our conclusions
Some people like Banana Republic
Some people hate it
Some of us don't even like talking about it
Some of us think it is just not that bad

I started this thread and I can end it.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread delivers. 5 Rated

happyxix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Just checking my math but did you just say that people who buy expensive clothes do so in hopes that other people will recognize them as being expensive but since expensive clothes don't have logos or other discernible features to distinguish them from cheap clothes then they are as worthless as overpriced cables?

And you signed up just to say this on a fashion forum?

You'll forgive me if I question the validity of your opinion.

Some of us been lurking here for months. I only joined cause typing those stupid codes to search annoys. No I said expensive clothes are just as stupid as expensive cables. The point of diminishing returns ends pretty early for clothing and it starts around the price points of BR. Anything higher than that is just a waste of money...unless you're filthy rich then continue on putting money back into the economy.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happyxix
Some of us been lurking here for months. I only joined cause typing those stupid codes to search annoys. No I said expensive clothes are just as stupid as expensive cables. The point of diminishing returns ends pretty early for clothing and it starts around the price points of BR. Anything higher than that is just a waste of money...unless you're filthy rich then continue on putting money back into the economy.

A: You're wrong.
B: This thread is pointless. BR is mid range crap, fine for a basic here and there but about as exciting as day times soaps w/o any sex or drama. THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT. Buy a few pieces and STFU.

Now every body go post somewhere else, MWoC needs five more pages on the thigh measurement issue.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Ah, yes, the old "I ride a bicycle because a car is a waste of money since a bicycle will also get you where you want to go" argument. You don't find it ironic that you're defending Banana Republic which of all things happens to be the most expensive store of the Gap family? You're bitching about people driving Ferraris while extolling the Lexus parked in your driveway. But feel free to think about that as you sit in front of your hand-built-from-scratch computer while drinking your Albertsons-brand Cola.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I HAVE SEEN THE BR LIGHT Watch for my new FS threak

erzu

Reaction score
jettyboy's like an ex-smoker who tends to go overboard at the first whiff of cigarette smoke. so understand and just be nice to him.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ah another classic case of noob rage on the internet please allow me to break it down for everyone

-noob gets ripped in a thread
-noob gets mad
-noob seeking revenge posts in different thread displacing anger from getting e-rectum gangbanged by everyone in previous thread
-other noobs who got shitted on pior unite with said noob to form noob coalition
-noob makes it internet mission to await next opportunity to strike and miserably fail again

Lesson: If peasant noobs lurked moar and learned something instead of spouting verbal diarrhea they could easily avoid tears and embarrassment for lack of experience.

Note: Above is not dissimilar to a kia owner registering on a bmw forum and popping off about bmw owners being elitist pricks because all they want to talk about is bmws.

seany

Reaction score
I agree and disagree with your views Jet. It's not about him being a noob, its about his opinion on BR and yours on it.

You liked BR at one point (or atleast some of their clothing), and he just reminded you that you did. Yes clearly 99% of the stuff worn here is better then BR, and yes your style def has changed for the better since 2006-2007.

But isnt it possible that hes at the same stage you were at 06 right now ?

Give the "noobs" a chance, no one who joins here stays wearing mall brands and you know that by now. Instead of fighting with the noobs, show them the light.

sartre864

Reaction score
Silly me, how could I forget that infallible credibility comes standard with a high post count?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads