• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren $$$$ Shoes - Worth it?

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Ralph Lauren Mansion on Madison Avenue in New York City today. A great store, especially if you like their things.

I picked up a very nice pair of shoes... and flipped them over to find the marked-down 40% off price to be about $600. Full price was $1,100.

I put the shoes back down.

Do they not get holes in them? Do they last forever?

What am I missing that makes people put down this kind of money on these shoes?

butterflystyle

Reaction score
While I agree with you, you are asking that question in the WRONG forum.

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred

600 posts on this forum and you're asking a question like this?
eh.gif

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man you figured it out---Expensive clothes in an expensive clothing store in an expensive location cost more than cheap clothes. It was close, but you escaped from Ralph's silver jaws.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
If they were Edward Green shoes, then yes, they probably were worth it at that price.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x26

Reaction score
I went to the Ralph Lauren Mansion on Madison Avenue in New York City today. A great store, especially if you like their things.

I picked up a very nice pair of shoes... and flipped them over to find the marked-down 40% off price to be about $600. Full price was $1,100.

I put the shoes back down.

Do they not get holes in them? Do they last forever?

If you buy them:

You'll grow wings and become the "Messenger of the gods"...
laugh.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
c&j is like 400 on sale... check amazon if they are the italian made ones, amazon has a bunch..

East Oakland

Reaction score

Are you new to living in a capitalist country or something?

Some people measure their incomes in millions of dollars. If you happen to be one of those people, $600 isn't ****. Yes, there are people like Warren Buffett who have billions of dollars and still wear inexpensive clothes, but there's no rational reason for it -- you can't take it with you.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East Oakland
Yes, there are people like Warren Buffett who have billions of dollars and still wear inexpensive clothes, but there's no rational reason for it -- you can't take it with you.

You couldn't sound more nouveau riche if you tried. MOST rich people wear inexpensive, sensible clothes and spend their money on things that have no worth once they are acquired. I am in court every day in one of the wealthiest cities in the world, around people with seven figure incomes, and none of them dress lavishly.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
facepalm.gif

If they were Edward Green shoes, then yes, they probably were worth it at that price.

There are no more RTW EG RLPL* shoes.

Originally Posted by heli0x
I thought RL EGs are more like 2k? At 1100, they were probably C&J, so the 600 sale price wouldnt be much of a deal

RL high end shoes are mostly made in Italy, and they look it. Awful, ghastly, overdesigned...

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
2k EG shoes are Top Drawer. they are at a different level than the regular RLPL EGs.

RL still does MTO EG for $1700; which anyone with a search engine can beat.

*Double word score makes 144 points.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
2k EG shoes are Top Drawer. they are at a different level than the regular RLPL EGs.

Do you just make "information" up?

This is blantantly not true.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads