• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

erbs

Reaction score
What's the advantage of an IWC Mark XVI over a Stowa Flieger? Movement? Resale value?

I like that the Stowa comes with the logo-less option and am having a hard time justifying the extra price for a IWC.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, I remember reading that Dirk was in Belgium, but all my searching only let to US sources so thank you for the address.

I would have loved to get one of his straps with the pre Vendome buckles - oh, well.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
standard.jpg

inlove.gif
i'm a califran!

vbuskirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
44mm

The Nitpicker in Chief
wink.gif

PS: good choice on the Luminor Base, the OP catalog these days is quite sad

Errr duh, sorry for the misinformation. Brain fart (and thanks). I like the Sub a lot too. Does anyone here have the titanium 25?

Originally Posted by dsgNYC
(More) pics or it didn't happen!
Oris-Fortis-GShock_Trio_even.jpg

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
I mean, it looks nice, but couldn't you have just distressed it naturally by just actually wearing it a lot?

To me, going to such great lengths to distressing something like that reminds me a little too much of pre-distressed clothing, which I am not a fan of at all.

The original strap was a dark chocolate brown. The condition I wanted to achieve was that of the old straps on vintage Panerai. The distressing was achieved over a three month period with daily wear, so I think it was a good compromise between artificial and real distressing.

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
The original strap was a dark chocolate brown. The condition I wanted to achieve was that of the old straps on vintage Panerai. The distressing was achieved over a three month period with daily wear, so I think it was a good compromise between artificial and real distressing.

Fair enough. Looks nice either way.

JasonHe

Reaction score
This is my watch dad gave it to me not too long ago. It's a Tissot Swiss Automatic, i have no idea which model it is. I really like it, its really simple and i wear it everyday. This is the only watch i have because i don't have enough money to buy a different one because im 16.

El_Enzo

Reaction score
my humble little collection
dscf0780o.jpg
clockwise from top left: Omega seamaster professional Vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Sinn U1 Automatik Glycine

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice - I'm thinking about a Sinn - how do you like it?
Anyone know how it compares to a Zenith?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
Does anyone here have the titanium 25?
I used to have a 25B a long time ago. It got lost in the watch shuffle...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4080104429_2c1e91173c.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a Pilot V5?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Is that a Pilot V5?

Mine? Nope - simple PAM 111H.

erbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
What's the advantage of an IWC Mark XVI over a Stowa Flieger? Movement? Resale value? I like that the Stowa comes with the logo-less option and am having a hard time justifying the extra price for a IWC.
Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads