• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Like this a lot,

Re: the shoes, I think its pulling straws to say they need changing, there's a certain point where I don't think people need any more help/input and it's really just a matter of personal preference, this is one such case.

P.s: And personally I like the shoes and think they suit the dressiness of the jeans, they also match the belt and compliment the hue of the jeans, as well as show the socks which match the shirt, but even if he was to wear chelsea's it would look fine, and thats my point entirely, it's just personal preference.

Thanks- I agree
wink.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dzynr78
^SO much better! some boots or boat shoes would look great with that outfit but the chucks would be alot better than the clydes.

Originally Posted by DLester
I don't care for any of the individual pieces or how they go together. Something looks washed out in the photo, which doesn't help. The cardi might work if paired with other clothing.

Originally Posted by Teger
the issue is that brown orange color of the jeans dates them badly

Originally Posted by JD_May
It is an improvement though. The cardi pulls oddly again and is probably better open.

Originally Posted by aeglus
the colors and photo quality in general had me thinking it was the 1970's again

Decided to address these problems. I think i knew all along that the jeans weren't gonna work, just didn't wanna admit it to myself. Good thing i didn't spend much on them.

Took pics inside with the timer (didn't know my phone had it). May have been better outside. Anyway, subbed the jeans for some plain, straight, non-raw indigo jeans. Flagged cardi.
DSC00152-1-1.jpg

DSC00154-1-1.jpg

Since i'm getting right back to basics, tried a hanes tee:
DSC00156-1-1.jpg

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would up size on your tees ^^, they are too tight and thus distracting from the rest of your outfit.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
I would up size on your tees ^^, they are too tight and thus distracting from the rest of your outfit.

hmmm, 2 factors have kept me with small tees. The first is that i recently watched "A Streetcar Named Desire" and found it pretty much impossible not to get a mancrush on Marlon Brando.

The other is that my shoulders are not very wide. I can't stand the look of shoulders going past the natural shoulder. I realise that the pics look quite tight in the chest, but this is exaggerated by the photos. In real life they don't look that tight, especially when i'm moving around and not posing for a photo etc.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
In real life they don't look that tight, especially when i'm moving around and not posing for a photo etc.

Unlikely dude, if your nips are showing in not one but two fits you post back to back it's a good sign your shirts might be too small. If you really care about defending your tight shirts you're better off saying 'I just like to show off my pecs'

JO3B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
^ You look fine, but is it really worth posting on a fashion site?

lol @ this being a fashion site.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Unlikely dude, if your nips are showing in not one but two fits you post back to back it's a good sign your shirts might be too small. If you really care about defending your tight shirts you're better off saying 'I just like to show off my pecs'

Well yes, i guess that would be the honest answer. It's a bit strange admitting that when i'm posting the pics on a forum comprised almost entirely of guys, but there's no way i'm going to get tees for wearing around girls, and tees to post on WAYWRN.

And it is cold in my room!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Is that an xxs small tee washed in hot water?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good teger. That jacket's pretty sick. What's with people posting multiple photos of themselves in the same day asking for help? There has to be another thread for this.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
soon it will be cold enough for the fur collar..

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teger - your last few fits have been money man. Really stepping up your game.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. I always thought Teger's fits were really bland and unflattering. His last three or four have been right on the money, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads