• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

euler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
^^^Studded leather belts are very tough to come by generally. I would not even know the first place I would look... http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=231
thanks for making me feel like an ass... i know they're everywhere, i just liked that particular one and wanted one of higher quality. i thought i checked everywhere on the SE site
facepalm.gif

jpb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
3Sixteen - second glance.

The stitching on this pair for some reason is very sloppy. Loose threads here and there on the ends and i'm worried they will come out with wear.

I love my indigo SLs, but the gray STs I bought were also like this, loose threads all over the place. The hem on one leg came undone after a couple of days. The top block was also way bigger than on the SLs and a couple of hot soaks haven't really shrunk it enough.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Kiya,

Do you still have stock on hand of the Loopwheeler plain T's?

I want a stack of the really thick ones.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya,

Just picked up one of the tan flathead leather bracelets in the NY store. Looks great, but it's just a little bit looser than I'd like. Any way to shrink it a little? I'm not sure if the tanning process constricts the leather.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Hey Kiya,

Do you still have stock on hand of the Loopwheeler plain T's?

I want a stack of the really thick ones.

We've got almost every imaginable color available at the SF store by Flat Head, super thick and really well fitting with a triple stitched collar.
Do you know your size?

Poomba

Reaction score
Will the t shirts ever be put up on the website. How much are they?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
X-Posted from the Flat Head 3001 Thread on Superfuture

Hey all..
Just got back from Japan, wore the jeans for a couple of days, wore them half the day at the Inazuma festival (yes, i actually changed my outfit halfway through the day).

Here's some shots of my Japanese associates..

When two worlds collide, Benny of Take5 Jeans and myself...
_MG_0886.jpg

The one you've all been waiting for.. Edmond x Kiya:
_MG_0930.jpg

Pork Fat on a Stick:
_MG_0966.jpg

World Tour jeans:
_MG_0974.jpg

_MG_0975.jpg

_MG_0976.jpg

_MG_0977.jpg

_MG_0979.jpg

I went to Japan with my wife (Selectism.com):
_MG_0980.jpg

Sufu dude at Inazuma, PWING:
_MG_0981.jpg

My man from Iron Heart:
_MG_0983.jpg

Editor in Chief of Lightning Magazine, that outfit kills:
_MG_0986.jpg

The President of Samurai, Head tough guy:
_MG_0988.jpg

Superfuture Elite, Coleslawyum
_MG_1016.jpg

Some Japanese Self Edge fans wanting to take a picture (FH President on far right), they said "we like the jeans you make", i'm not sure if they know that we don't actually produce the jeans ourselves:
_MG_1020.jpg

Kobayashi-San, Founder and President of Flat Head:
_MG_1023.jpg

And this photo sort of sums up the Japanese love for iconography:
_MG_1078.jpg

Tomorrow i'll post a few pages out of the book which i modified and which'll be sent along with the jeans...

Last edited by a moderator:

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that was an awesome photo series. looked like a great trip.

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
And this photo sort of sums up the Japanese love for iconography:
_MG_1078.jpg

I'm not sure what that shirt says, but the swastika was originally from Asia. It's a Buddhist symbol and you see it on maps all the time designating temples. Maybe he's a Buddhist...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
I'm not sure what that shirt says, but the swastika was originally from Asia. It's a Buddhist symbol and you see it on maps all the time designating temples. Maybe he's a Buddhist...

Trust me, i know this.
But the swastika displayed as a square which is flat on top is the buddhist symbol, a swastika turned 30 degrees so that it's a point on the top is a reference to something completely different.
Then again, that doesn't mean there aren't slight variations, but you don't see buddhist symbols turned 30 degrees like the one on his t-shirt.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I'd pop that swastika wearing dude right in the face if I saw him in the street. What a marsupial.

In that case i wouldn't travel to Japan, because he's definitely not the only one.
I see one person a day with a swastika on their jacket/bag/tee in Tokyo.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, the faster taboo are mainstream and no longer regarded as such the better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads