• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Eagle steals your style, time to move on.

steviecakes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
I bought the Oxfords and put on about 10 coats on brown polish. They look incredible for a $50 pair of shoes. I'll probably buy the wingtips, too.

if it's not too much trouble, could you post pics? very curious about what they actually look like. the AE at my mall didn't have any of the oxfords, yet they still had flip flops in every color in stock
facepalm.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know I'll get **** for this but once in a blue moon Amerikan Egle brings it home with a fairly good item, given the price etc. Fer instance, last spring I picked up a really decent trench coat for under 50 bucks on sale. The thing to watch for, imo, is no obtrusive eagle logo. In this case, the only place the eagle showed up was on the inside label.

I wear the trench quite a bit.

stylewithease

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steviecakes
if it's not too much trouble, could you post pics? very curious about what they actually look like. the AE at my mall didn't have any of the oxfords, yet they still had flip flops in every color in stock
facepalm.gif

This. If it's true tell me about sizing and as soon as they go on sale I am going to robocop.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the woodsman boots and I can't say that the sole and leather is fantastic. They look like them won't last past winter. The leather is rather thin but the cedar brown is a nice color.

Very light and without substance, would make a decent summer throwaround boot for the price. The wingtips don't look sleek IMO.

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylewithease
This. If it's true tell me about sizing and as soon as they go on sale I am going to robocop.

I'll try and get some pics up for you guys. As for sizing, they fit true to size or just a little bigger. I wear dress shoes mostly in size 7 and I'm a 7 in those Oxfords. For reference, they fit exactly like Paul Smith.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
Actually, the shoes will look a lot shittier in real life. They won't be anywhere near as good as they look in the pics. However, give them a couple good polishes and I'll challenge anyone to find a better looking pair of shoes for $50. I already bought the Oxfords and I'll buy another pair and dye them burgundy.
that might be a decent idea. Could be fun to expiriment on a shoe with a decent shape and try some dying and whatnot. Do something fun or a weird color.

stylewithease

Reaction score
Thanks. I think for $50 you can do a lot worse because the main problem with the <$50 type of shoes is that they are kinda squaretoe-y or have some obnoxious weird shape but these seem to have a good shape.

acg2010

Reaction score
Agreed, the $50ish dollar shoes tend to be way behind the times.

I think I'm gonna go the opposite route of the polishing and let these get broken in and beat up, at least to a point. I'm thinking then they'll look pretty cool for a casual wingtip and I won't feel bad about having beat up a pair of shoes.

We shall see...

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pictures I took as a favor for a friend when I received the cheap Red Wing knock offs. The colors appears to be almost similar IRL. Couldn't afford yet another red wing.

85892603.jpg

53204899.jpg

73611847.jpg

A defect in adhesing the upper. Will be fixing that with glue instead of sending them back. No complains for the price.
29242860.jpg

For some reason, I sweat abit more wearing these than other boots. Runs pretty true to size and I thought they packaged it with more care than the Red Wing boots. My boots came carefully wrapped in brown paper inside the box. Because the leather is thin and the shoe is about 1/2 the weight of Red Wing, I feel they broke in easily. Fun casual boot for under $70 IMO.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
never shopped at AE as I've always considered their stuff to be an even cheaper, crappier version of Abercrombie, but I was really surprised by some of the shoes. Strange to see that such decent looking wingtips and boots would be on the same page with "scuffs", but if the youth of America is wearing those wingtips and driving mocs, it would be a step in the right direction.

CTfunk

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Mike! Very interesting...

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Which person wearing these looks deserves to be saved from death in a chemical fire?
4077382198_451751d2ae_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads