• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jil Sander Returns!

jakejake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Chesterfield coat sucks. I'm saying this as a guy that originally only really wanted that item.

Wool military jacket on the other hand is pretty awesome though plain.

Can you elaborate more about your comment on the Chesterfield coat? I'm thinking of getting one.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The wool/cashmere is really thin, and the lapels are way too small. My custom cashmere from China that cost me less than $50 is better quality, and that says a lot. Plus peak lapels on an overcoat like that isn't terribly great in my opinion, but that part goes unnoticed by most. If you have no other options for a coat in that style then I guess it'd be ok, but honestly I was very unimpressed with it.

SPK

Reaction score
Does anyone have any of the +J suits and can comment on the fit/quality and can possibly provide a fit pic?

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the wool flannel suit. Thick and warm for the cold days. The blazer have a narrow shoulder, high arm holes, and fits slim. Jacket is cut a little shorter, my size XS length measured from the back is about 26 inches. Pants is low rise, fits very slim on the thigh and legs and a small taper at the ankle. I feel that the qualitiy is nice for the price. Looks more expensive than the price tag.

No fit pics, no camera right now.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it's anything like my regular suits from this season of Uniqlo then for the price you honestly can't beat it, and they'll still look fine while being comfortable.

My last suit fit pic was a regular Uniqlo suit from this season, but I"m not sure how much the overall fit is different from +J.

SPK

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm thinking of snagging one off the B/S but I'm not sure if $260 for the wool suit is reasonable. Probably around $60 more than the cost of the suit including taxes and shipping. If I'm normally an XS in uniqlo shirts, would I fit an XS in the +J suits or are they slightly slimmer? I was at uniqlo the other day and was looking for suits other than the +J ones that are sold out and could not find any. Are those only sold in Asia?

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm an xs in all uniqlo shirts and i bought the suit in xs with pants size 29. The ones from B/S forum is not the wool flannel, i believe thats the tasmania wool.

SPK

Reaction score
Yah i think you're right. Looks like it's the same design/construction just different material?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SPK
Yah i think you're right. Looks like it's the same design/construction just different material?
Nope, different design. The flannel one is peak lapel, not notch.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only thing i really liked in J+ was the moncler style jacket

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think most of the stuff is sold out already.

amnesiac

Reaction score
stopped by the store today, there was quite a bit of the +j for women's left, especially coats. Also, they told my girlfriend that they're getting a new shipment of +j from japan that will be a bit slimmer and smaller sizes, but i don't know if that shipment will include mens. just letting you know
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads