• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does It Bother You To Wear PINK?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
It doesn't look good with many colors. You have to go out of your way to find something to wear it with and it's not worth the effort. Purple on the other hand, can be really well done.

lol8[1].gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Should it?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
French Internet Gentlemen cannot leave the house without wearing an item of pink clothing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
French Internet Gentlemen cannot leave the house without wearing an item of pink clothing.

True. It's often silk and rarely visible.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look good with many colors. You have to go out of your way to find something to wear it with and it's not worth the effort. Purple on the other hand, can be really well done.

Quoi?

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
It does not bother me although I don't have many pink items.

MrBon

Reaction score
I remember my wife telling me at her office for BREAST CANCER month people would always talk about wearing something pink in support, and some guys would be hesitant or refuse to wear pink. (tie,shirt, sweater).

My wife ask me... why some guys are so up tight about wearing pink, and i said it has something to do with maturity, and/or being insecure about their manhood. Pink is a great style/fashion color, i'm not a pink sport jacket or pants guy, but i do like pink ties, shirts, and sweaters.

suitntieguy

Reaction score

I wear pink with a lot of colors.
I wear a pink shirt and I wear Navy, Gray, Red, Burgundy, and as you mentioned purple all the time. The pink shirt will go great with EVERY color suit I own (navy, blue, gray (all shades), brown, and if I owned a black suit it would go well with that as will. Personally, I think pink is one of the most versitle colors out there.

Mr_Pacman

Reaction score
The only time you will catch me in pink is if it's sitting on my face or riding on my "johnson".

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear pink, lavender, purple and shades in between. Such colors are fantastic!

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suitntieguy
I wear pink with a lot of colors.
I wear a pink shirt and I wear Navy, Gray, Red, Burgundy, and as you mentioned purple all the time. The pink shirt will go great with EVERY color suit I own (navy, blue, gray (all shades), brown, and if I owned a black suit it would go well with that as will. Personally, I think pink is one of the most versitle colors out there.

+1

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of pink, particularly shirts. I actually own a few pink shirts. One of my favorite ties is also pink, and I have a set of knots that are pink. The knots are great - they're a great touch for spring/summer wear.

That all said, I don't think I would try to pull off a pink coat or trousers.

suitntieguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I'm a big fan of pink, particularly shirts. I actually own a few pink shirts. One of my favorite ties is also pink, and I have a set of knots that are pink. The knots are great - they're a great touch for spring/summer wear.

That all said, I don't think I would try to pull off a pink coat or trousers.

I don't think I will either. However, the situation might would have some effect. I could have my arm twisted to wear a pink jacket with white pants in the spring if I where say in aruba or on a golf course in somewhere south of the equator.

Any day at any old event in the windy city. Not a chance

Lovellum

Reaction score
You have yet to explain why you ask other gentlemen to wear certain clothing.

That being said, I don't wear pink. It bothers me because it's too bright. I'm afraid of colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads