• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Put This On Ep. 1: Denim

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I hosted and helped create this web video pilot (which looks nicer on our website). We're also blogging at http://www.putthison.com. Would love to know what you think.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure this clip has useful info, and maybe I'm just a bigot, but I went on lisp overload about 90 seconds in.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good start - I like the graphics a lot and the editing was terrific. There's an aesthetic quality to the filming that I really liked, and you're pretty good on camera. My only critique would be ... I thought the interview at the front was a little labored and I skipped through some of it. Good job.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I'm sure this clip has useful info, and maybe I'm just a bigot, but I went on lisp overload about 90 seconds in.

Because of me or Mike? We're both straight - English isn't Mike's first language, maybe that's it? He's a pretty tough guy.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video! It was very well produced. I think it would be a great intro for the beginner. I don't think either of you really had a lisp. I'm not quite convinced by Mike Hodis' reason as to why the Yukon should be $500. His shop looks cool, though. "One piece of denim in you outfit is enough"?? WTF
biggrin.gif
(kidding) I did LOL, though.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in the shop and Mike isn't really the nicest guy, but the shop and the wealth of information he is, is amazing. You'd really like a lot of their pieces Zissou. I think most of the stuff is made in the back of the store by that guys sewing in the video.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
I've been in the shop and Mike isn't really the nicest guy, but the shop and the wealth of information he is, is amazing. You'd really like a lot of their pieces Zissou. I think most of the stuff is made in the back of the store by that guys sewing in the video.
The only things not made on-premises by the guy in the video (and his co-worker) are the t-shirts and hats. I found Mike to be super nice, though I was interviewing him
smile.gif
. When we went in the first time, incognito, a guy named Levi was working there who really couldn't have been nicer. And the other salesperson, whose name escapes me, is a very, very beautiful young lady.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Pretty cool, pretty cool, looking forward to more episodes.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
But! I think some of the rudiments are little bit opinionated. Sorry for double post.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Great video! It was very well produced.

All credit for this goes to Adam. He's very, very talented.

I've only done in-front-of-the-camera work that wasn't on stage a couple times - made a TV pilot once. Still hard for me, but I think I'm getting better.

constantine.

Reaction score
Great video Jesse! Also cool to see you at that Bentzen Ball event. Ian MacKaye is such a goof.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Well, just another reason why I really need to hit LA one of these days...
Mister Freedom
Craft LA
The Stronghold
AmRag/Rogue Territory
Secret Service
RRL....

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
The only things not made on-premises by the guy in the video (and his co-worker) are the t-shirts and hats.

I found Mike to be super nice, though I was interviewing him
smile.gif
. When we went in the first time, incognito, a guy named Levi was working there who really couldn't have been nicer. And the other salesperson, whose name escapes me, is a very, very beautiful young lady.

Been in Rising Sun a few times and Mike does come off as a bit arrogant, but he's pretty nice and if you are genuinely interested in what he does, he's a wealth of information. And yes, Levi is super super nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads