• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Cedar Shoe Tree for $14.39 with styleforum Discount

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these guys over charge for shipping (which is why I don't order from them). BUT I will back them up here. Shipping to other countries greatly increases the chances of lost packages. It is totally not worth it to ship to other countries.

Lovellum

Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cedarville Store
Estimating 2.5lbs per pair, that would be US$63.50 just for shipping via USPS International Priority Mail. If you would like to proceed with an order, please send a PM and include your size and email. We will forward a Pay Pal invoice to your email address.

We will consider offering the international shipping option again. Thank you.

Regards,
Customer Care
www.CedarvilleStore.com

Who says we need priority? Just stick a penny black on it, I could really do with them next December.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
Who says we need priority? Just stick a penny black on it, I could really do with them next December.

Of course, you aren't going to follow through. If not this excuse, then some other.

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
Of course, you aren't going to follow through. If not this excuse, then some other.

The reason I am not going to 'follow through', big boy, is that the price quoted is extortionate and other dealers will do it cheaper.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ BS, I doubt anyone here believes that you had any intentions of purchasing product. How about a little respect for the people that help make this forum viable?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Estimating 2.5lbs per pair, that would be US$63.50 just for shipping via USPS International Priority Mail. If you would like to proceed with an order, please send a PM and include your size and email. We will forward a Pay Pal invoice to your email address.

Regards,
Customer Care
www.CedarvilleStore.com

Is 63.5 USD shipping for 5 pairs of shoe trees or for 1 ? I ask because I just received a pair of shoes for a member with a weight of over 4 lbs and the shipping was 42 USD from US to India.

If it is for 5 it might work out for some customers as still it will work out 140 USD shipped for 5 pairs which is not too bad ....

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Is 63.5 USD shipping for 5 pairs of shoe trees or for 1 ? I ask because I just received a pair of shoes for a member with a weight of over 4 lbs and the shipping was 42 USD from US to India.

If it is for 5 it might work out for some customers as still it will work out 140 USD shipped for 5 pairs which is not too bad ....

I may do it myself when I have some dosh in the kitty.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may do it myself when I have some dosh in the kitty.

^^ Let's see first if the 63 USD was for one pair or five

Cedarville Store

Reaction score

Regards,
Customer Care
www.CedarvilleStore.com

This quote was for 5 pair.
Shipping by UPS would be significantly higher.

Regards,
Customer Care
www.CedarvilleStore.com

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by magogian12345

Would you buy a $15 shoetree if the shipping was $20-25 on top of the price? I doubt it.
I'd buy five.

Well, BS. Cedarville will sell you five pairs of shoetrees, and the shipping will be $63.50 for the five pairs. That works out to $12.70 in shipping per pair -- A price which is far less than what you were willing to pay for shipping.

But, of course, you won't do it. You just want to continue with your inane rants.

sm332

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting some shoe trees. Any reviews on this specific tree?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how you discriminate against non Americans. Perhaps we should consider this the next time we send our boys to die in one of your wars in the Middle East.
First you really need to learn what discrimination is.

Second I really wish we were never involved with Britain in war, well except to get our freedom in the Revolutionary war from some wig wearing nut job. I would have to say the largest British contribution to an American War effort ever was to allow us to use their country as the largest aircraft carrier ever.

PS: Britain was involved in the Middle East way before the US.

The reason I am not going to 'follow through', big boy, is that the price quoted is extortionate and other dealers will do it cheaper.
Well then why cry like a little girl about it? Cedarville Store said that shipping was high. I need about 5 more Epic Shoe trees and will get them from Cedarville when I do.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were a large enough order, couldn't a store send it some other way? There are people who posted that they are concerned by cost, not delivery time. Obviously, heavy shoe trees are expensive to ship via USPS, but there aren't there other ways to send large parcels?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

OK, Why would anyone ship shoe trees from the US to India. This seems like something that you could easily have made in India for much cheaper. Of course I may be wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads