• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
I'm guessing Iron Heart...

Ah, just saw the '21oz denim' comment. You won that one...

I keep thinking two things: 1. that ****'s gonna stretch, and 2. I don't see any grommets, stops or tie-downs holding that on for windy days, 'specially when it stretches.

Did you guys secure/lash that on top? Or is that a fastener I see on the bottom left?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That banner's awesome, kiya. You should print the logo in navy above and below so you can see which stands out over time. I bet that ****'s gonna fade quick!

fashunhor

Reaction score
It seems like everyone is loving the 3sixteen denim. From the pics the slim cut seems kind of feminine the way it tapers in at the knee. Kind of like a super slim boot cut. Maybe I need to give them a second look.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor
It seems like everyone is loving the 3sixteen denim. From the pics the slim cut seems kind of feminine the way it tapers in at the knee. Kind of like a super slim boot cut. Maybe I need to give them a second look.

Depends what size you wear. I've seen fit pics in 32 and 33 and they've looked like a nice slim cut.

splattered

Reaction score
Ok well i was stoked as hell to receive my 3sixteens today... until i got em out of the box and tossed them on the bed and compared them.

Before even trying them on i broke out my tape measure and the indigo slim ST 28 measure 30" across the waist WITH dip and 8" at the knee going down to a 7.5 hem. Whereas the black dry coated ST 28 measure 29 across the waist WITH dip, and 7" from the knee all the way down to a 7" hem.

On top of this, they only hemmed the indigo to a 34 and left the black dry coated at a 36.

Bummed.

Yes.

*On a side note, even though i have limited exposure to dry jeans - i will say that i like these as much or more than the APC i'm currently rocking. Love the hardware and the seam details on the back pockets etc.

My Nudies suddenly feel hugely overpriced ha ha

splattered

Reaction score
Opened up the SE site again and looked at the listed measurements... i went back and checked the jeans i received and it turns out the indigo i received are SL-100x per the inside tag. Not the ST-100x as i ordered and is on the receipt.

That explains the huge differences. Duhr on my part.

I checked the receipt though, i DID order the ST for both pairs.

So i received one totally incorrect pair and one pair that wasn't hemmed.

Guess i gotta call customer service Monday.

obnavox3

Reaction score
I've been wearing my SL-100X Indigos for a few weeks straight and they're great. They've only stretched maybe 3/4 of an inch in the waist with the belt I've been wearing. They fit me much better than the Nudie Average Joes.

splattered

Reaction score
Due to the fact that it's halloween and i gotta go take my kid trick or treating, i don't have time to try both of these on but i tried the indigo SL-100x and they fit close to my APC NS and just a bit bigger than the slim jims... if both ST are as slim as the black coated i got, i might just send them back for the black SL esp since they aren't hemmed. Was it fate? Perhaps. haha. I'm just worried about stretch, as the 28s already measure near 30...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Ok well i was stoked as hell to receive my 3sixteens today... until i got em out of the box and tossed them on the bed and compared them. Before even trying them on i broke out my tape measure and the indigo slim ST 28 measure 30" across the waist WITH dip and 8" at the knee going down to a 7.5 hem. Whereas the black dry coated ST 28 measure 29 across the waist WITH dip, and 7" from the knee all the way down to a 7" hem. On top of this, they only hemmed the indigo to a 34 and left the black dry coated at a 36. Bummed. Yes. *On a side note, even though i have limited exposure to dry jeans - i will say that i like these as much or more than the APC i'm currently rocking. Love the hardware and the seam details on the back pockets etc. My Nudies suddenly feel hugely overpriced ha ha
Hemming is generally done post-soak and if you soak the SLs you'll lose the coating

gdc_2008

Reaction score
I have to say at 194 pages...this thread consistantly makes me depressed that ****** is so damn broke
biggrin.gif

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Hemming is generally done post-soak and if you soak the SLs you'll lose the coating

Really? I just figured i'd get them hemmed to a larger length and then after a soak they'd shrink to something do-able... thats what i was told to do anyway

littlebeast

Reaction score
Kiya,

Will you soon be getting a restock on the flathead chambray shirt or the flathead flannels?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads