• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
What do you guys think of this APC sweater? Worth $200 price tag? Sweater
Saw this thing in person, there's a significant amount of speckling on it, much more than the photo shows. Handle it first.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Saw this thing in person, there's a significant amount of speckling on it, much more than the photo shows. Handle it first.

Yeah, I actually like the speckling, but I tend to dress pretty conservatively.....can't decide if it works for me.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the speckling when I saw it in person. Reminded me of a thrift store sweater.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DiorHomme_SS09_Trainers1.jpg
In black and white. I can get them for half retail, which is like $425. They are dior.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
I have one gitman shirt.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24bm9uf&s=4

Should I get another?

Gitman seems to run a little bigger than other nice button ups. I can't fit into a lot of dress shirts like BoO, etc because of shoulder seam being too small. You like like you have a smaller frame and would like better in a different brand.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Gitman seems to run a little bigger than other nice button ups. I can't fit into a lot of dress shirts like BoO, etc because of shoulder seam being too small. You like like you have a smaller frame and would like better in a different brand.
Agreed. If you're tailoring your OTR shirts, don't settle--keep looking. Epaulet and Shipley have been the best for my short ass so far.
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Its a medium, tailored though.
How did you tailor it?

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sides + raised armholes + darts. My tailor does a great job, hes been a tailor for around 50 years.

I'm a very hard fit so i've kind of given up. Bought two more gitman shirts (Blue and grey) from the buy and sell for my new job and won't buy another oxford till I meet a competant shirtmaker. (possible in nyc)

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
In terms of gray boots:
NDC

or

Fiorentini + Baker

Price is the same. I like color/leather better on the F+B's, but the NDC's are a better deal and I like the shape more. Anyone have dark gray boots to say how versatile the color is?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no to both... looks like clown shoes the way the toe is upturned

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads