• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude freaking lee didnt even break a sweat. and the worst part was that CC did fine (or better than fine) and still we got rocked.

only saving grace is the yanks will run over pedro tonight

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of dominant pitching performances over the years, but never have I seen a pitcher be such a badass with minimal effort. The behind-the-back catch and the underhanded pop-up catch were just the icing on the cake of a 10-strikeout, complete game shutdown of baseball's best offense.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
PS: How is Brooklyn feeling today after last night's game? I'm sure you watched? I think Phillies vs. Yanks should be a great series, and sorry I'm your "enemy" right now, but Lee was in a scary zone last night.

Oh my god, people are nutzo over here. We've been catching the games at the local Wing Bar (La Guy visited there). **** gets loud.

And that's quite alright. "Enemy" or not, we still got love for you.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
dude freaking lee didnt even break a sweat. and the worst part was that CC did fine (or better than fine) and still we got rocked.

only saving grace is the yanks will run over pedro tonight

I have no doubt the Yanks' bats can't stay as dormant as they were in game 1, but I'll take having everyone thinking Pedro will get murdered, but he certainly is going to have to be spot with his placement since his fast ball is no longer there or the numbers might run up. The good thing on our end is that the Phils bats have remained consistent this post-season and they have the ability to keep up with the run count just like they did with CC. We'll see in a few hours!

Originally Posted by APK
I've seen a lot of dominant pitching performances over the years, but never have I seen a pitcher be such a badass with minimal effort. The behind-the-back catch and the underhanded pop-up catch were just the icing on the cake of a 10-strikeout, complete game shutdown of baseball's best offense.

No kidding, I know it's getting mad press, but it really was something to watch.

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Oh my god, people are nutzo over here. We've been catching the games at the local Wing Bar (La Guy visited there). **** gets loud.

And that's quite alright. "Enemy" or not, we still got love for you.

I bet it was. Maybe Jay-Z and Alicia will help get that crowd even more riled up
smile.gif
. Last night was last night and this should be a real battle so the win was great, but it's far from over I think. I tell you what though, it really is exciting this year all around with these two teams in it right now.

Good luck tonight, Mike and when the dust settles, I'll still support your line haha.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the pattern on the black tartan flannel as bright as it looks in the swatch?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay guys, I made the first shirt pickup today. The exploded plaid and oxblood corduroy are here - and they look incredible! Exploded plaid is really bold and soft. And the Oxblood fabric feels like buttah. Pics are below.

Good news and bad news on the Black Tartan. The bad news is that it's going to take another week & a half. The good news is that it's due to a mixup. Instead of doing the Black Tartan, our workshop made up another 12pcs of the Styleforum & Epaulet Red Gingham flannel. So if anyone missed out on getting their size, we'll have it restocked in the morning.

In the meantime, here are the two shirts going live at 10AM. Pics need a little more cutting out and sharpening, but this will give you the full impact.

4056524879_a1cf95fd34.jpg

See larger view

4056527689_c20ff220ba.jpg

See larger view

4057267332_584977a20a.jpg

See larger view

4057269318_edcc819499.jpg

See larger view

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, that is bold. I'm gonna have to see some fit pics. Not really liking how the pattern doesn't line up. Normally I wouldn't care, but with such a bold color like that lime, incongruity makes the shirt even more a visual bitchslap.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooo the oxblood looks better than I imagined! Well done, Mike.

Just to be clear, the black tartan is still coming right?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, I'm not even lying right now, guys. My eyes ******* HURT. I need to step away from the monitor for a few minutes.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lol
Originally Posted by APK
Wow, that is bold. I'm gonna have to see some fit pics. Not really liking how the pattern doesn't line up. Normally I wouldn't care, but with such a bold color like that lime, incongruity makes the shirt even more a visual bitchslap.
the pattern does line up. the colors of the pattern do not. but i love the effect it creates, it's different and works with the color scheme imo. i don't know if mike intended it that way but i for one love it! i see where i might be in a select minority though.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lady AHjota ooh-ed at the oxblood. Good sign?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
^lol

the pattern does line up. the colors of the pattern do not. but i love the effect it creates, it's different and works with the color scheme imo. i don't know if mike intended it that way but i for one love it!

i see where i might be in a select minority though.

My fault, that's what I meant. It looks fine in the close-up, but I'm still on the fence about the full shot. Fit pics will probably be the determining factor here. I was the same with the batch of flannels and adore mine now, so it's no lost cause.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads