• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me lose 20 lbs

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol your fat pic looks like me of when i was fat.(im still fatish) i was from 5'11 240 w/o muscle to 205 with muscle. i need to lose 10 more and ill happy.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm also looking to a lose some weight, but only 5 lbs. or so. I'm going to start eating at least one salad per day, cut out a lot of the sugary sweets and other crap, and drink only on the weekends.

FYI, eating a "salad" every day with cheese, bacon, croutons, and tons of dressing isn't any better for you than other meals.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sho...I got an idea from a gala I went to last night. I'm going to try it out (I think in Irvine) soon. My co-worker won the auction for 10 classes and he's done it before and liked it. He stopped when the place by his house closed down. I shall see how it goes.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
photos of me today: the bulk is in my midsection and upper torso and face (that has always been my problem. i dont gain anywhere else)
and to clarify my shoulders are of normal width just looks smaller due to the bulk of the midsection and the largeness of the face. this also gives me the illusion of being shorter. when i am more svelte and midsection and face is sculpted my shoulder width looks normal and i look taller.

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture022.jpg

insomb

Reaction score
I agree with whoever said you should lose the glasses. You need a larger more angled frame.

Anyway, I don't know what your diet plan is but I lost about 15 lbs immediately going vegetarian, all the leafage digests faster. I started eating meat again though because I didn't actually want to be losing weight. I was also taking weight gainer trying to put it back on but I didn't exercise and it went to my cheeks... nowhere else. You should drink lots of water and eat veggies and fruit like crazy, and watch ab ripper x. It's really corny but it will work your abs from the inside, the fat laying on the muscle has to come off from running. Personally, I would sit in the steam room and see what that does too.

surfnbank

Reaction score
I would check around for group exercise classes or workout buddies they are generally pretty good about herassing you to keep you on your routine.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sho, forget the cookie diet and lifting. You need the Patrick Haas WO.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
^ will look into that .

guys, i joined the 24 fitness on anton blvd in costa mesa. nice facility. very large. im going to try to go 6-7 times a day. in the meantime i have been doing stairmaster at the local apt complex gym.

^i dont think i ever said i was 'quite muscular' but i am relatively muscular/buff compared to the avg joe. of course, nothing defined like i was back in my younger years.
just dont look like it as i am posing alone and you really have to see seomeone in person to get the relative picture. not as a boast or anything, but matter of factly, i am a little more beefy than the avg joe in terms of chest/arm/back girth (and abdomen girth of course).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
guys, i joined the 24 fitness on anton blvd in costa mesa. nice facility. very large. im going to try to go 6-7 times a day.
That's a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads