• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Made Suit - Is This A Good Deal??

rockybalboa

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just got measured by a tailor and decided to go with Loro Piana fabric. He is going to do 2 custom made suits, shirts, and ties for $1250. He also offers recut for up to five years if you gain or lose weight. I believe the suit is 250gram Super120.

I was wondering if you guys think this is a good deal or should I look elsewhere before I purchase this?

Thanks!

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good price if they're good suits and shirts. Have you talked to any of his other customers?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is this guy, where is he, etc, more info!

why4009

Reaction score
spam[1].gif
his first post is an ad?

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loro Piana cloth in a 130 like Tasmanian costs tailors about $130 a yard. you need about 4 yards for a suit. If you do the math it doesn't add up.

of course you could buy bulk but it still wouldnt be given away, maybe 50% off?

Theres lots of cheap Loro piana cloth floating around but god Knows where it comes from.

Where are the suits made?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rockybalboa
Hey Guys,

I just got measured by a tailor and decided to go with Loro Piana fabric. He is going to do 2 custom made suits, shirts, and ties for $1250. He also offers recut for up to five years if you gain or lose weight. I believe the suit is 250gram Super120.

I was wondering if you guys think this is a good deal or should I look elsewhere before I purchase this?

Thanks!

What's the price for one suit?

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
It's a good enough price to be suspicious. Ask to see some of his completed pieces, preferably on satisfied customers if possible.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 fully canvased bespoke suits for 1250$? and ties and shirts? =_= this will not turn out good.

coltboy75

Reaction score
Sounds more like a Hong Kong Tailor MTM deal. I have seen some tailors using this type of system. Did he specifically state the suits and shirts would be cut, and made in house? How many fittings?

rockybalboa

Reaction score
Hey Guys....thanks for the quick replies!

So here's some background on the tailor:

He has a shop in Hong Kong and comes to the US 3 times a year to hit up the major cities to set up shop and take orders. He then goes back to China and makes the suits then sends them back. He has been doing this for over 30 years and the people that I know have gone to him have nothing but good things to say about him.

I know another co-worker who has a guy from Thailand that does the same thing....he got a few suits from him and loves them.

Haha, i know its not ideal to have your tailor live in another country, but if there is an issue with the suit i can just bring it back to him the next time he is here.

Your thoughts?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As long as you like what you get, why worry?

All we have to go on is your account of the price and the package. If you think the fit, construction and cloth quality are fine, so much the better.

pandamonium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rockybalboa
Hey Guys....thanks for the quick replies!

So here's some background on the tailor:

He has a shop in Hong Kong and comes to the US 3 times a year to hit up the major cities to set up shop and take orders. He then goes back to China and makes the suits then sends them back. He has been doing this for over 30 years and the people that I know have gone to him have nothing but good things to say about him.

I know another co-worker who has a guy from Thailand that does the same thing....he got a few suits from him and loves them.

Haha, i know its not ideal to have your tailor live in another country, but if there is an issue with the suit i can just bring it back to him the next time he is here.

Your thoughts?

What is his name? What is the name of his shop?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads