• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blog re-boot: Tweed in the City

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
How did you find out about the ivorymongers in Paris? Did you fill out a CITES declaration on re-entering the US?

1. Our hotel was nearby and we stumbled upon it on a walk.

2. Err . . . "maybe" would be the most truthful unincriminating answer.

Perhaps on a future visit you can hit Maison Bonnet. Their tortoiseshell cufflinks and collar stays are sold at Arnys and Halary.

Maison was too far away from anything else we were interested in, and I didn't want to drag my wife all the way to see a bunch of stuff I'd probably not want to pay for. Arnys, however, was very cool.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How about:

The Man with the Golden Tweed?
Octotweedy?
You Only Live Tweed?
On Her Majesty's Tweedy Service?
The Spy Who Loved Tweed?

You should have been there for the brainstorming session.

Originally Posted by dopey
Why do you have a blog?

Because I don't actually know anything about anything.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about: The Man with the Golden Tweed? Octotweedy? You Only Live Tweed? On Her Majesty's Tweedy Service? The Spy Who Loved Tweed?
If he had a sympathetic co-author it could be tweedle dee and tweedle dum
smile.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
If he had a sympathetic co-author it could be tweedle dee and tweedle dum
smile.gif

Are you volunteering?

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
For some of you, an NSFW link to a giant pic of a brunette in tweed lingerie, specifically, a Shepherd's check.

For the rest of you, it will be completely safe because (a) the jumblies are covered and (b) you are reading StyleForvm from a poorly monitored state prison.

- B

So much airbrushing these days
plain.gif
good pic though.

I expect better from you next time.

andreyb2

Reaction score
An excellent start! Now the only thing you need to do is to maintain this level of quality.
smile.gif

One nitpick, though: IMHO, the world is already fed with prescriptive blogs. (ASW alone is more than enough.)

Andrey

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will you have an RSS feed?

--Andre

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andreyb2
An excellent start! Now the only thing you need to do is to maintain this level of quality.
smile.gif

One nitpick, though: IMHO, the world is already fed with prescriptive blogs. (ASW alone is more than enough.)

Fair enough--I'm not in any position to be presribing anyway. I'm still trying to get a feel for what tone to take and what direction to go in.

Originally Posted by A Y
Will you have an RSS feed?

I don't even know what that is . . . mind educating me?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't even know what that is . . . mind educating me?
It's a way to subscribe to the blog. As soon as something new shows up, it shows up in my RSS reader so I don't have to check the website itself. I know Wordpress supports it, so maybe you just have to activate it. RSS is one standard, while Atom is another. For example, the main Wordpress blog has two links ("Recent Posts RSS" and "Recent Comments RSS") near the bottom for RSS: http://en.blog.wordpress.com/ --Andre

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, is it a play off "Sex in the City"? Will your catty blog friends be vox, rj, and fnb?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oshinex
Looking forward to reading this. I hope you get our old stuff up also.

It will just be a matter of time. It's a pain ********** to reformat everything.

Originally Posted by A Y
It's a way to subscribe to the blog. As soon as something new shows up, it shows up in my RSS reader so I don't have to check the website itself. I know Wordpress supports it, so maybe you just have to activate it. RSS is one standard, while Atom is another.

For example, the main Wordpress blog has two links ("Recent Posts RSS" and "Recent Comments RSS") near the bottom for RSS:

http://en.blog.wordpress.com/

--Andre

Gotcha--thanks a lot. Sounds like something I should incorporate.

Originally Posted by robin
Wait, is it a play off "Sex in the City"? Will your catty blog friends be vox, rj, and fnb?

Well, it's more a play off the 'no tweed in town' rule (it's "Sex and the City," anyway), but Vox, RJman, and FNB can still be my catty blog friends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads