• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I appreciate your comment. Different things work for different people.

Fortunately I can say after a few hours of having it in my possession, I am nuts about it. It is absolutely perfect (for me) and is one of the nicest articles of clothing I own. Even my wife, who can be a harsh critic, likes it, which shocked me. Don't know how this ended up on yoox at more than 1/2 off retail (full retail price still appears on the tag, makes me wince to look at it).

This is what it's all about right here folks. When you buy something nice you grow to love it even more, you don't get tired of it.

I can't even begin to describe how I feel about some of my best pieces.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How about I begin to describe how I feel about your mom and her many hidden talents?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
and just found my ervell cardi for $40 cheaper. damn you and your crazy mark-up barney's.
I figured as a jet protege you'd know that unless you have a hookup, or wait for the sales, you can always find it cheaper than barneys. With more and more boutiques these days, barneys doesn't have a ton of stuff others don't. Although it's convenient when it's all there at once in one large store usually with a food court nearby (the boston one is attached to a mall) jeans are nice. what are they? wh?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like it when people can tell me "this is what it's all about right here folks" because then it's so much easier than having to think for myself.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Sharp bag. I'd throw some Obenauf's on it, particularly to protect the bottom from moisture.

Originally Posted by snake
RRL from gilt. Do you guys think I should apply some Obenauf's on the leather? I'm a novice when it comes to leather care.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Sharp bag. I'd throw some Obenauf's on it, particularly to protect the bottom from moisture.
Thanks- Which Obenauf's product would you say? LP, leather oil, or watershield?
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I got the same bag--bigger than I expected, may not keep. Rrl, rrl nice, tho.
Agreed, I was hoping more along the lines of briefcase/messenger size, but it's still very nice though. Carry-on baggage I suppose.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
46184306-V0198%20004.jpg

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I figured as a jet protege you'd know that unless you have a hookup, or wait for the sales, you can always find it cheaper than barneys. With more and more boutiques these days, barneys doesn't have a ton of stuff others don't. Although it's convenient when it's all there at once in one large store usually with a food court nearby (the boston one is attached to a mall) jeans are nice. what are they? wh?
Thanks chrono, jeans are wh raw black from blackbird 3 of the 4 stockists I went to in LA didn't have the color so I just picked it up at Barney's. The last stockist which I didn't go to, had it. But oh well! haha. Even the colourway on tresbien is slightly different than the one I picked up so it's not such a big deal. i'm learning, though.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Evisu Home Sweats
IMG_1990.jpg

Zingy Japan
IMG_1991.jpg

Random ****
IMG_1992.jpg

Pherrow's Tee & Bag
IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

Lightning Tee (by Warehouse)
IMG_1995.jpg

The Steam Locomotive & Self Edge 62xx
IMG_1996.jpg

Iron Heart Sterling Silver Bracelet (#1 of 5)
IMG_1998.jpg

Self Edge Feather Pendent
IMG_1999.jpg

SE Dale Keyhook w/ Turquoise
IMG_2000.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ tshirts are esp rad. but all good!!

for me, from Kiya coincidentally...flathead wabash shirt

fh_wabash_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads